News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Inspired Figment

Puts the focus on music which is a good choice. The ride system itself writes the storyline which should be second or third on the priority list imo. Great concept 💡
I dunno.. the music should carry the story along with the action & staging of the scenes.. which is why Splash Mountain initially worked so well. Putting the focus solely on “your favorite songs from Princess & the Frog” without it carrying the story or narrative IMO, is weak.

jt04

I dunno.. the music should carry the story along with the action & staging of the scenes.. which is why Splash Mountain initially worked so well. Putting the focus solely on “your favorite songs from Princess & the Frog” without it carrying the story or narrative IMO, is weak.

I compare it potentially to NRJ but with a more relatable sound track, plenty of gags, and unexpected thrills. It doesn't need a complex narrative IMO.

And I doubt the music will be a "greatest hits" from the movie but rather a soundtrack inspired by the movie and tailored to the ride. But just guessing.

I love the story you describe. Anything similar could work. IMO.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Chapek is an embarrassment.

How he still has a job at Disney is beyond me, but how he got promoted to CEO is well above any possible understanding I could make up for myself. The man provides no real vision, no original ideas, no real value, no anything other than being a spokesperson pawn who shows up to brand new land openings and uses keywords like "pushing the boundaries".

I swear I want to sit down with this joke of an executive, and every other decision maker in charge since, oh, 2013-2014, and have a really nice chat with them for an hour.

late Iger is just as bad - he was the unfortunate window into what was coming next for our beloved domestic theme parks.

the.dreamfinder

How he still has a job at Disney is beyond me, but how he got promoted to CEO is well above any possible understanding I could make up for myself. The man provides no real vision, no original ideas, no real value, no anything other than being a spokesperson pawn who shows up to brand new land openings and uses keywords like "pushing the boundaries".
They’re not going to replace a CEO during a crisis. Chapek was given a crap sandwich and has been generally seen as not incompetent in the eyes of Wall St and the BoD. Now Chapek’s real test will be how the company performs 18 months from now when the pandemic is firmly in the rear view mirror, I hope.

SailorMercury

They’re not going to replace a CEO during a crisis. Chapek was given a crap sandwich and has been generally seen as not incompetent in the eyes of Wall St and the BoD. Now Chapek’s real test will be how the company performs 18 months from now when the pandemic is firmly in the rear view mirror, I hope.
“Bob, what makes you qualified to be CEO of the Walt Disney company”
“I love Elsa dolls and haven’t seen the movie with the racist bunny and base my opinions entirely off of the Internet.”
“You’re hired”

Dunston

What insiders have said the retheme isn't coming or is only happing in CA? I remember The Visionary Soul said OLC wouldn't pay for R&D for the splash refurb but he's been wrong about plenty, too. Any rumor that Disney will just give up on the Splash retheme feels like wishful thinking.

SailorMercury

What insiders have said the retheme isn't coming or is only happing in CA? I remember The Visionary Soul said OLC wouldn't pay for R&D for the splash refurb but he's been wrong about plenty, too. Any rumor that Disney will just give up on the Splash retheme feels like wishful thinking.
Part of the thing with it for me is that Splash will be open throughout all of the 50th, and I’ve heard multiple insiders say that DLR’s is getting the boot within the next year or so while work won’t start for a little bit, if at all, on WDW’s.

doctornick

Right now I’m confident that both will be changed. But since the MK closure is likely not for at least 2 years, I think it’s plausible that the attitude of the company could change (especially if it were Iger championing it as is rumored) in the interim and that the company might cancel the MK change as not worth the expense by that time.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Part of the thing with it for me is that Splash will be open throughout all of the 50th, and I’ve heard multiple insiders say that DLR’s is getting the boot within the next year or so while work won’t start for a little bit, if at all, on WDW’s.
From what I've heard on the boards it's looking like winter 2021/ early 2022 for Cali with no date for Orlando

SailorMercury

From what I've heard on the boards it's looking like winter 2021/ early 2022 for Cali with no date for Orlando
That's what I've heard here as well. Makes sense to let Splash get through the rest of the summer and then "Old Yeller" Br'er Rabbit when there isn't much need or desire for a water ride.

Whereas, considering Florida's is staying around until at least '23, by the time they would get to it over there I really don't think anyone would care enough and they'll just say "screw it" and keep the current around until Tokyo is ready to fund something lmao.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
That's what I've heard here as well. Makes sense to let Splash get through the rest of the summer and then "Old Yeller" Br'er Rabbit when there isn't much need or desire for a water ride.

Whereas, considering Florida's is staying around until at least '23, by the time they would get to it over there I really don't think anyone would care enough and they'll just say "screw it" and keep the current around until Tokyo is ready to fund something lmao.
Sounds about right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom