News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

TTA94

It should be sooner than that. If they put in the floors they are getting close. I'd say on or just before the 4th of July weekend.

Oh really? Last time I was there, about a week ago, it looked like they had a lot more work to do yet.

James Alucobond

Oh really? Last time I was there, about a week ago, it looked like they had a lot more work to do yet.
On the exterior, yes, but that should also come together quickly. If they're at the point of adding finishes to the interior as the various Instagram posts have indicated (e.g. the terrazzo floors, the dichroic glass, etc.), they have to be close to completion on that end of the building. Doesn't mean they'll necessarily have staff to open it in a timely manner, though. Also, the table service restaurant looks like it's lagging behind the other parts by quite a bit.

ToTBellHop

It should be sooner than that. If they put in the floors they are getting close. I'd say on or just before the 4th of July weekend.

On the exterior, yes, but that should also come together quickly. If they're at the point of adding finishes to the interior as the various Instagram posts have indicated (e.g. the terrazzo floors, the dichroic glass, etc.), they have to be close to completion on that end of the building. Doesn't mean they'll necessarily have staff to open it in a timely manner, though. Also, the table service restaurant looks like it's lagging behind the other parts by quite a bit.
This is another offering they wanted for 7/1. We will see if it happens. They frequently fall behind on projects at Epcot, you may have noticed.

ImperfectPixie

This is another offering they wanted for 7/1. We will see if it happens. They frequently fall behind on projects at Epcot, you may have noticed.
Floors are generally one of the last things to go in. Some places will have cabinetry and other such permanent items installed before flooring and others will have it installed after, but for the most part, the floors are last in a build (so they don't get scratched/marked up, etc.). If they REALLY wanted to (and had the available staff), they could probably open in a few days.

James Alucobond

Floors are generally one of the last things to go in. Some places will have cabinetry and other such permanent items installed before flooring and others will have it installed after, but for the most part, the floors are last in a build (so they don't get scratched/marked up, etc.). If they REALLY wanted to (and had the available staff), they could probably open in a few days.
I think terrazzo generally goes in before durable goods. If we were talking vinyl, plank, or carpet, I'd agree with you.

ImperfectPixie

I think terrazzo generally goes in before durable goods. If we were talking vinyl, plank, or carpet, I'd agree with you.
It really depends on what the customer wants to do...hubby likes the floor to be done before durable goods to avoid potential issues in the future with renovations, but that doesn't always happen.

My husband is a flooring installer. ;)

TikibirdLand

“We have some exciting news to share! You will soon be able to be one of the first to experience the new Club Cool on June 30! Tickets for this exciting preview will go on sale at 9am on June 21, for only $149/person! Plus you get an exclusive “I’m not cool, I’m Club Cool” button!!”
Does it come with a cupcake? And, some Beverly to wash it down?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Does it come with a cupcake? And, some Beverly to wash it down?

Those are Premium Ticket experiences, only an additional $99/person for each. (One 4oz cup of Beverly maximum per person)

TDO and Bob have to prop up that quarterly bottom line, you know. D+ isn’t making $472 quadrillion in profits yet. God forbid the stock drop a few pennies due to reality.

tparris

I know it’s pretty unlikely at this point, but if they managed to open this place on 7/1 I would be ecstatic. That day will be my last day at the parks until probably late this year if not next year. Knowing my luck, they’ll decide to open it on 7/2 instead just to spite me lol

oogie boogie man

I hope that we get a better version of Club Cool. If not then there was no point in getting rid of the old one. Unless it was built on indian burial ground.

pdude81

Still nothing new on this or Creations, huh? Should I assume they will open at the same time given their proximity to each other? Hopefully sooner than later

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom