Was there ever a honey scent on the Winnie the Pooh ride?

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
This was from about two decades but I'm wondering if someone knew if this ever existed. The user that posted this said that before they went to MK a month before, they read that the Winnie the Pooh ride had the scent of honey in the air. They told their mom and sister before going on, until realizing after that there was no honey smell to be found. They then said if they got rid of the honey. Following this, the next few posters said that you were supposed to smell the honey after you exited the ride, in the Pooh shop. Yet though, someone else thought you were supposed to on the ride. Someone even remembers smelling on the ride. Regardless, can anyone confirm any of this? Was this ever a real thing?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/winnie-the-pooh-ride.479545/

Chicken Guy

This was from about two decades but I'm wondering if someone knew if this ever existed. The user that posted this said that before they went to MK a month before, they read that the Winnie the Pooh ride had the scent of honey in the air. They told their mom and sister before going on, until realizing after that there was no honey smell to be found. They then said if they got rid of the honey. Following this, the next few posters said that you were supposed to smell the honey after you exited the ride, in the Pooh shop. Yet though, someone else thought you were supposed to on the ride. Someone even remembers smelling on the ride. Regardless, can anyone confirm any of this? Was this ever a real thing?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/winnie-the-pooh-ride.479545/
WDI couldn’t keep the Heffalumps and Woozles away from the honey for very long, I suppose😉

mergatroid

Never witnessed it myself and I first visited mid 70's. Having said that I didn't go on it much back then and only really started going on it in the last 18 years after getting married as my wife likes it.

muddyrivers

I don't ever remember smelling it on the ride and I was on it not long after it first opened. I do remember reading way back when how the gift shop did smell like honey though and that was purposefully done. My scent memory can't verify that for sure, but it would be in line with what Disney does on Main Street.

Cadbury

Even if you asked the bear himself he'd probably be like this....

2-1.gif

Walt Disney1955

Maybe it is psychological, but I swear you smell it in at least one of the scenes. The one where he is inhaling the honey jar is the one I am thinking of. Or is there that smell at Disneyland that I am thinking about? Either way, I'll remember that the next time.

Goofyernmost

I'm 73 years of and I don't honestly even know what honey smells like. I have used honey many time but have never been aware of what it odor it emits, only how it tastes. Does it smell like bee poop?

iowamomof4

I definitely smelled honey in one part of the ride the first few times I rode it (2016 during EMM). The last time or two I rode it, the smell was gone. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom