Are there any rumors or information about the return of runDisney events?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Have you or any called the number they have listed? (407) 939-iRUN or (407) 939-4786.
Wondering if talking to a person over the phone, if they'll provide any more substance than the "we haven't announced the 2021-2022 race calendar yet."
They’re definitely not going to tell you anything on the phone, and I doubt the person answering the phones has any idea, anyway. They’ll announce it when they’re ready to announce it.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
They’re definitely not going to tell you anything on the phone, and I doubt the person answering the phones has any idea, anyway. They’ll announce it when they’re ready to announce it.
Sorry, my bad asking that question. I was just wondering if anyone has called it, didn't know who it went to directly. And I'm aware they'll announce when they're ready.

GimpYancIent

I’ve done 25 RunDisney events in person. I’m dying for them to come back. However with each day my optimism falls even more. I even tried to get Faron Kelly the Disney Sports President to do an interview and got nothing back.
Thank you for going the extra mile touching base w the Disney Sports President. Sad there was no response. I will not allow my optimism to be dampened I am in for the MCM in October so if and when run Disney puts out a schedule for 2022 I will be in the proper mode.

pdude81

Original Poster
Have you or any called the number they have listed? (407) 939-iRUN or (407) 939-4786.
Wondering if talking to a person over the phone, if they'll provide any more substance than the "we haven't announced the 2021-2022 race calendar yet."
I form/emailed last week and they just gave me the same bull about not releasing the calendar. Last year during covid they had already taken peoples money for the race, although they officially switched to virtual sometime in Sept.

pdude81

Original Poster
I'm also curious about them bringing these back to DL moving forward. They have finished up a few of the bigger construction projects they were working on, though there are still more to come.

Rteetz

I'm also curious about them bringing these back to DL moving forward. They have finished up a few of the bigger construction projects they were working on, though there are still more to come.
The stoppage in DL wasn't just due to construction...

ppete1975

No that wasn't it. The races were a logistical problem for DL. That was also at the time where tensions between DL and Anaheim were at a high point which was also believed to be part of the demise.
this exactly!! Anaheim is not pro disney or pro angels and made run disney such a hassle that they had to stop the cash cow that was sold out in minutes every time.
I am hoping that covid taught anaheim the value of disney (not just tax money, but all the mom and pop restaurants and hotels that owe their existence to disney). Hopefully this woke the board up to realize any city would do anything to have something like disneyland in their district, and work with disney and not against them.

dreamfinder

When Disney had its layoffs, RunDisney was surely impacted.

Yes, and no. Alot of what they did was actually outsourced. Most of the actual event production and the like was 3rd parties. Now those 3rd parties may have been heavily impacted like the rest of the service industry and may need to ramp their numbers back up, but I can't imagine internal staffing being much of an issue.

Bogus. I had never gotten to do one out west, but bought the company line on the suspension. Were they not well attended?

DL doesn't have the blessing of size. So lots of localities that need to be coordinated with, law enforcements to assist with closures, permissions for things like porta poties, the lack of desire to have any official Disney "stuff" (IE Characters) off property where anyone could see them, etc, etc.

And DL wouldn't have seen the same bump from the event that WDW did. Many many more 3rd party hotels that were just as convenient as DLR hotels, ditto for dining and such.

And there was also that pesky thing about not being able to use volunteers anymore. Many reasons that add up to making it much harder to rationalize/turn a profit on. While they still should have been making buckets of money, they weren't making dump trucks of money.

GimpYancIent

this exactly!! Anaheim is not pro disney or pro angels and made run disney such a hassle that they had to stop the cash cow that was sold out in minutes every time.
I am hoping that covid taught anaheim the value of disney (not just tax money, but all the mom and pop restaurants and hotels that owe their existence to disney). Hopefully this woke the board up to realize any city would do anything to have something like disneyland in their district, and work with disney and not against them.
Yes! Anaheim government shot themselves in the foot in dealing with Disney. Disney played off the suspension of run Disney events at DL due to construction. DL does not have the space for any event over 5K so utilizing the streets of Anaheim was necessary to pull off the 10K's and Half's so Anaheim government attempted to leverage Disney's many space needs to glean every penny they could for pet projects. Too bad the Anaheim and Disney relationship soured to such a degree. Hopefully a better relationship will come out of all of this and things such as DL run Disney events can again happen which will financially benefit both the community and Disney plus Anaheim can show case itself.

ppete1975

Yes! Anaheim government shot themselves in the foot in dealing with Disney. Disney played off the suspension of run Disney events at DL due to construction. DL does not have the space for any event over 5K so utilizing the streets of Anaheim was necessary to pull off the 10K's and Half's so Anaheim government attempted to leverage Disney's many space needs to glean every penny they could for pet projects. Too bad the Anaheim and Disney relationship soured to such a degree. Hopefully a better relationship will come out of all of this and things such as DL run Disney events can again happen which will financially benefit both the community and Disney plus Anaheim can show case itself.
unlike the angels down the street, they cant threaten to move to another city if they dont get what they want. Cities work with companies, Anaheim just wants to extort the golden goose.

DocAlan02

Looks like registration is coming....
1624046044249.png

DocAlan02

Where is this from?
It was from the RunDisney website. Seen by going to the Marathon Weekend under Events and clicking on any event. The link no longer takes you there. Princess weekend was listed also. Dates, aside from the 2022 year, seem to match up to last year's dates, so off by a day, most likely. I guess they are staging things up and they are not quite ready for prime time yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom