News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Did you buy the ticket from Disney or form a third party seller?

My family member was able to change the date on her account. I was not able to do change the ticket date from my account even though I was the one who purchased it, which was strange. Yet I am able to make her park reservation. Anyway. What I do not know is how many times someone is allowed to change the ticket date? I do know a date change had to be made before the valid ticket date.
It has been awhile since I purchased one day tickets, since I am a passholder myself. I remember the days when you could just buy a one day ticket and use it any day of the year. I for sure do not remember having to select a specific date.

nickys

Premium Member
My family member was able to change the date on her account. I was not able to do change the ticket date from my account even though I was the one who purchased it, which was strange. Yet I am able to make her park reservation. Anyway. What I do not know is how many times someone is allowed to change the ticket date? I do know a date change had to be made before the valid ticket date.
It has been awhile since I purchased one day tickets, since I am a passholder myself. I remember the days when you could just buy a one day ticket and use it any day of the year. I for sure do not remember having to select a specific date.
Date-based ticketing started Fall 2019.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park pass refresh in process of happening -

Before -

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.50.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 9.43.10 PM.png

After -

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 12.06.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 12.05.31 PM.png

bhg469

Words can’t describe how thankful I am I never canceled my AP. I had a feeling it would be a very long time before they would go on sale again.
Never thought I would want/need one but here we are, moving to Orlando on Friday. We just want the epcot after 4 pass as we have no need to go to the parks that much.

djkidkaz

With everything improving and capacity on the rise, though slowly, not sure what the hold up is on them selling passes.

i think the issue is that an AP is basically seen as giving you unlimited access to the parks with very few blockouts except on the major holiday weeks. Right now with the capacity limits, even if they are high you still have the challenge of people trying to use an AP only to find out that a park or parks have hit capacity and now you can’t go. Think about someone who buys an AP because they will make two trips in a year and then they come down and realize that the week they are here is unusually booked up and they can’t get reservations. I don’t see AP coming back until capacity is completely removed.

Disstevefan1

I think it's a given that as long as park reservations are around, AP's will be required to make reservations and my guess is the limit will still apply.
What I mean is, I am worried that WDW APs requiring park pass reservations will become permanent, well after all COVID restrictions are lifted. I hope not, but this is the perfect opportunity for Disney to implement it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom