Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Dan Deesnee

What street in the US do you live on? Rodeo Drive of Beverly Hills?
If $125k is an annual income that makes one feel deprived or pinched in the wallet, they really need to stop and reevaluate their life choices and expenditures.

Nobody said anything about 125k making them feel deprived. Idk where that's coming from.

I live in an average to lower end cost of living area, fyi

DVCscott

Of course there are laws about filming strangers for profit media. Why do you see blurred faces on TV shows? You have to get legal consent before releasing footage of that individual for your show.
Now YouTube may be different, as those who profit on that platform seem to have more lenient rules. If Samantha Brown or some Travel Channel host walked into a business, park, whatever and started filming a program for a TV network without permission, license... they'd be fined. Vloggers on the other hand...
Now that I think about this more, didn't that YouTube channel that made some movie at Disney (Escape from Tomorrowland, or the one about Walt's frozen head?) get some sort of backlash from the Mouse for filming inside park gates without permission or license?
Yet vloggers do the same thing, filming for profit, only difference is one is make believe while other is documentary of park happenings. Both still a business yes?
Not complaining how it's run, just curious.

DVCscott

I'm certain if somebody stuck a camera in somebody's face unwanted at Disney they'd be trespassed. A passing shot is one thing up close and personal without permission is another https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/question-unauthorized-use-of-photo-28285.html
But again, YouTube slides above the law for many things. Like my example earlier, if I ran a television network (Travel Channel, Food Network, etc) and decided to stroll into Galaxy's Edge to shoot a documentary without permission/permits/and all the other legalities that go with it, me and my network would be sued off the air. YouTubers don't have to jump through those hoops.

TikibirdLand

I'm certain if somebody stuck a camera in somebody's face unwanted at Disney they'd be trespassed. A passing shot is one thing up close and personal without permission is another https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/question-unauthorized-use-of-photo-28285.html
Not sure why that link was provided. If you're walking in a park and someone is videoing, say, 7DMT, and your 6 yr old daughter steps in front of the camera, you cannot force them to delete the video. To take it further, if you approach said camera-person and scold them about taking your daughter's video (a really good close-up even), you cannot sue for that either. You'd have a tough time suing unless you can prove that they used you or your daughter's image out of context in some way that is defaming in some grose way. I don't see that happening in any of the park videos I've watched (and, my wife says I watch way too many of them). And, no, they wouldn't be trespassed either unless THEY were causing a disturbance (you might though if you pull a Darren on the photographer). Simple photography in a Theme Park or on public property cannot be held a crime in and of itself. But, I do want to point out, don't be a jerk (had a more "robust" word there) with your camera. You don't need to cause a scene to get the perfect shot of the castle.

TikibirdLand

Of course there are laws about filming strangers for profit media. Why do you see blurred faces on TV shows? You have to get legal consent before releasing footage of that individual for your show.
Now YouTube may be different, as those who profit on that platform seem to have more lenient rules. If Samantha Brown or some Travel Channel host walked into a business, park, whatever and started filming a program for a TV network without permission, license... they'd be fined. Vloggers on the other hand...
Exactly who would fine them? Under what law? I think they're just covering themselves from people thinking they can get paid for doing so. Frivolous lawsuits are gonna Frivil.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not sure why that link was provided. If you're walking in a park and someone is videoing, say, 7DMT, and your 6 yr old daughter steps in front of the camera, you cannot force them to delete the video. To take it further, if you approach said camera-person and scold them about taking your daughter's video (a really good close-up even), you cannot sue for that either. You'd have a tough time suing unless you can prove that they used you or your daughter's image out of context in some way that is defaming in some grose way. I don't see that happening in any of the park videos I've watched (and, my wife says I watch way too many of them). And, no, they wouldn't be trespassed either unless THEY were causing a disturbance (you might though if you pull a Darren on the photographer). Simple photography in a Theme Park or on public property cannot be held a crime in and of itself. But, I do want to point out, don't be a jerk (had a more "robust" word there) with your camera. You don't need to cause a scene to get the perfect shot of the castle.
I was talking about the person who was literally shoving cameras in peoples faces. Not just somebody just taking random videos

DVCscott

Exactly who would fine them? Under what law? I think they're just covering themselves from people thinking they can get paid for doing so. Frivolous lawsuits are gonna Frivil.
I don't know all the fine print. All I know is that running a business as a YouTuber puts many people out of the arms of the law.
Just look up videos people have done by simply recording and uploading sports compilations of best plays, best comebacks, you name it. Or others that re upload other people's trending videos, songs from other artists, tv show clips, for profit and get away with it making bank.
It happens. But it's allowed.

unmitigated disaster

Ummm...different strokes for different folks.

I’m not scoffing stop that...it’s a lot of dough for most and has a lot of potential.

I just keep focusing on where and what we talk about here? That kinda cash doesn’t go far in the land of “luxury”

(If it seems like i might be playing the contrarian for effect...I just might be)
The median US household was $68,703 in 2019. $125,000 is more than double that.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Haven’t seen them mentioned yet but Ordinary Adventures is quite charming. They’re Cali based but I stumbled into their videos while seeking HHN content a couple year ago. They seem really genuine and legitimately love the parks.

They were absolutely charming when they started but over time they’ve become annoying, political and generally full of themselves. They also have a habit of removing and blocking anyone who dares say anything remotely critical about them. A shame.

I miss the old Tim and Jen Tracker who were genuinely likable and didn’t pander to anyone. The baby was the best thing for them but the worst thing to happen to the channel.

champdisney

What I can’t stand about these Vloggers is their aggressive race you to the finish line! approach. They’re all appearing at the same places doing the same damn thing. For example, Velocicoaster opened a few days ago and the amount of random channel recommendations from all of these different Vloggers coming at me at once all throughout my YouTube feed. All of them attending opening day. Real original.

Last time I checked, I only watched Adam the Woo, MickeyViews, and PagingMrMorrow. I guess it only takes those 3 channels to recommend me to the rest of them.

Anyways, Adam the Woo is my go to. Been watching him for 10 years and still find him insightful and entertaining. I read some posts from several other members that Adam has stopped road tripping and went full-time Disney vlogging... that is not true. He recently uploaded a week/week and half series of videos road tripping with his pops, driving down memory lane. Not gonna lie, I only watched the first 2 episodes but it was interesting.

MickeyViews was better when he originally had the “news studio” gimmick going on. Since then, he’s moved to Central Florida and has been doing more of the “out on the field” reporting which is cool. I love his outro music.

Now with PagingMrMorrow... to be honest I’m on my last strings with that guy. Extremely repetitive, he hardly knows what he’s talking about and his editing techniques are terrible. Precisely why I stopped watching TimTracker... this was before the baby.

I’m really into the non-theme park content creators that talk about theme parks. Offhand Disney, Disney Dan and Defunctland. Sure, they’ll go to the parks from time to time but nothing compared to the vlog hogs.

Sir_Cliff

The median US household was $68,703 in 2019. $125,000 is more than double that.
From what I can tell, it would put those Disney vloggers within or at least close to the top 10% of earners in the US. Not bad, particularly if you're living in Florida. Also shows that they probably aren't stepping over too many alternative employment opportunities that would earn them a higher or even comparable income.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They were absolutely charming when they started but over time they’ve become annoying, political and generally full of themselves. They also have a habit of removing and blocking anyone who dares say anything remotely critical about them. A shame.

I miss the old Tim and Jen Tracker who were genuinely likable and didn’t pander to anyone. The baby was the best thing for them but the worst thing to happen to the channel.

I call the ordinary adventurers the “Anaheim trackers”....there is little noticeably different in schtick these days.

I think if you manage to enrich yourself talking about Disney - and it’s beneficial greatly to Disney - overtime you just end up being of the mentality. It may not be a personal choice.

the one guy that started an early Disney site parades around DL like a Twit (apparently)...some board operators are demons from the 6th layer of hell...vloggers get a little arrogant...podcasters tend to be worse.

...but not this board’s operators. You can have opinions and not be growling jerks. They do a great job here. 😎

Walter Elias Disney

It seems like a good gig, I just wonder what happens if the climate changes and people are no longer into watching them/giving them free stuff. Do they have a traditional “real” job to fall back on? Or in 5-10 years will reality kick in and all of a sudden they realize their resume is “YouTube” and no real work experience? I just get weary when people seem to be living the life when it looks like it’s not very sustainable.
Vlogging is their full time job...nothing to fall back into..They were former Disney College Cast Program members...which led into full time positions.

Uncle Scrooge

As a UK based fan of Walt Disney World the vloggers provide that escapism but also connection with Disney. I have looked at different channels over time and settled on ResortTV1. What I liked initially was that they explore other parts of the resort, not just the parks themselves. These are areas which I would otherwise never have seen which could now potentially be somewhere I drop into the next time I visit.

Latterly I enjoy that the majority of their content is live so unedited and that they chat along with their followers whilst in the parks. I rarely watch their full streams but most weeks catch between 2 and 4 hours of a stream to get that Disney fix but also feel the sense of community.

I think any aggressive attempts to monetize through use of Disney is not ideal and I would not want to support any channel that was seeking handouts/donations.

At the end of the day if he vloggers enjoy it and the viewers enjoy it and Disney has no problem with it then what's the harm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom