All Star Music

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I am hoping to stay at Music for my first solo trip in early 2022 and once it opens, I’m trying to decide if I should book preferred or standard. At first I was thinking preferred since I will be alone and maybe it will be better to be closer to the main lobby. But is the preferred section louder due to the main pool and family suites? I’d love to hear any feedback from people who have stayed there, specifically your room location and what you liked or didn’t like.
Thanks so much!

Raxel7851

While we didn’t stay at All Star Music, we did stay in a preferred room at Pop Century. We liked the closeness to the food court and Skyliner. It was very quiet. However, one time we stayed at POFQ and we booked a King. When the CM member showed us the room on the map, it was in Bldg 2, right across from the pool. Fortunately we were familiar with the resort and knew that location would be noisy. It would be nice for a family though. We were able to get a room in Bldg 7, which is super quiet.

World_Showcase_Lover007

While you might be able to hear faint noise or yells near the pool, but the all stars are fairly noise resistant being that their doors face outside. This means Disney built them well insulated out of cinder blocks with proper weather stripping underneath the doors. Disney does not want the cool AC air to escape, so your bonus from this is a noise free environment.

Remember, it all goes back to money...always.

Goof-Man

If you don’t mind the walk a standard room is fine; for quicker access to the amenities etc look at preferred. I have not found any difference in noise in either. However, if there is a large group or groups there that could change the noise level.

Lilofan

I am hoping to stay at Music for my first solo trip in early 2022 and once it opens, I’m trying to decide if I should book preferred or standard. At first I was thinking preferred since I will be alone and maybe it will be better to be closer to the main lobby. But is the preferred section louder due to the main pool and family suites? I’d love to hear any feedback from people who have stayed there, specifically your room location and what you liked or didn’t like.
Thanks so much!
McDonalds 24/7 in walking distance to the hotel!

belledream

I’ve stayed in Calypso (preferred) and Broadway (standard) on two of my more recent trips. Calypso was a surprise ‘upgrade’ and while it is indeed steps away from the lobby, there is more foot traffic and you can hear some noise from the pool. Most of the time on Broadway, it was completely silent and I barely saw anyone.

I wouldn’t pay for preferred, personally, but I am the type that doesn’t mind walking and I also enjoy seeing all the other resort buildings as I walk every day. But if proximity is worth it to you, then go for it.

Goof-Man

McDonalds 24/7 in walking distance to the hotel!
When my wife and I visited when she was pregnant with our first daughter she started craving egg McMuffins; nothing would compare in food court.

Unfortunately, we flew and used DME so I rented a car. It came in handy for getting back and forth to the parks especially since she wasn’t always feeling great. They got to know me at the McDonald’s; almost like clock work.

Dad 2 M & M

@DisneyDreamer08

While I'm not sure if Sports will be open by then, I'd advise NOT to stay on the "Sports side" of Music. That side is way louder and the Parking is more of a challenge.

Broadway Buildings 7 & 8, and Country Fair 6 are on the "Movies Side" of Music, and they were way more quiet back in the day.

Another option would be the Love Bug in Movies as it is the most secluded of the All-Stars.

All of these are more of a walk to Cinema or Melody Hall, but it really isn't that much further.

If Sport IS open, stay far far away......and have a blast!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
@DisneyDreamer08

While I'm not sure if Sports will be open by then, I'd advise NOT to stay on the "Sports side" of Music. That side is way louder and the Parking is more of a challenge.

Broadway Buildings 7 & 8, and Country Fair 6 are on the "Movies Side" of Music, and they were way more quiet back in the day.

Another option would be the Love Bug in Movies as it is the most secluded of the All-Stars.

All of these are more of a walk to Cinema or Melody Hall, but it really isn't that much further.

If Sport IS open, stay far far away......and have a blast!
Both All Star Sports and Music will be open by the end of the year. Opening date for All Star Music will announced shortly and All Star Sports will partially open by October ( the refurb will not be totally done).

Dad 2 M & M

Both All Star Sports and Music will be open by the end of the year. Opening date for All Star Music will announced shortly and All Star Sports will partially open by October ( the refurb will not be totally done).
Good info!

Have a ressie at Movies for Sept,,,,,might move if any AP offers come with the opening(s)

BWW

Thanks so much!
Music is my resort! I've paid for the preferred because, at the end of the day, I want as few steps to my room as possible. Also, the coffee at the food court is much better (in my opinion) than what's in the room and I like to go get some to drink while I'm getting ready. If I have the $$ for the preferred, I'll do it.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! My first solo trip is officially booked for January 2022. Right now I’m at Movies but I’ll be switching to Music when they open. I’ve previously stayed at Movies, Sports and Pop so I’m excited to cross another value off the list.
Thanks for all the tips and advice 🤩

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks everyone! My first solo trip is officially booked for January 2022. Right now I’m at Movies but I’ll be switching to Music when they open. I’ve previously stayed at Movies, Sports and Pop so I’m excited to cross another value off the list.
Thanks for all the tips and advice 🤩
Have a blast!

Thanks so much!
I have stayed at AS Music every year since 2009, twice in 2013. Always stay in the preferred (Calypso) section facing the pool. Always get a good nights sleep. It is great to be able to get to my room quickly at night returning from the parks and we are dead tired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom