Anyone dislike the volggers content?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I used to love vloggers like the trackers, Adam the woo, etc but for a while now I’ve really started not to like them. I feel like it’s a food/family vlog. Anyone else feel this way?
Disney Vloggers are incredibly bad as a whole. Go watch a professional vlog and the differences are immediately apparent.

No one on the Disney vlog scene seems to know what editing is, or that voice overs are your friend. Molly from All Ears is sort of an exception, but there’s other issues there (like the need to generate unique daily content when the source material doesn’t justify it).

I’d certainly rate the All Ears as the top of the pile of the daily vlogs now, but at the same time give it like a C+.

4KWDW and MartinsVidsDotNet are certainly both excellent as are Yesterworld and Defunctland, but none of those are vlogs.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Used to like Tim Tracker. Still watch from time to time. But he's morphed into Mr. Rogers. Happy that he's got a kid and all. But it seems the wife and the kid have taken over the channel. Good for him I guess. At least he still has a "guest" spot.
That’s what having kids does, when you have kids You both suddenly have 1/20th the free time and simultaneously want to show everyone how wonderful your kid is all the time.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Wrong forum, Adam has calmed down substantially since he was younger.

Really any of the lifestyle vloggers’ content I find annoying. Adam’s is more of a journal of his life, the others more about getting clicks in my opinion.
I love Adam's content away from Disney also. Especially road trips with the Carpet Bagger.

Used to like Tim Tracker. Still watch from time to time. But he's morphed into Mr. Rogers. Happy that he's got a kid and all. But it seems the wife and the kid have taken over the channel. Good for him I guess. At least he still has a "guest" spot.
When Tim goes somewhere without Jen and the kid, he is a lot more like the old Tim.

MartinsVidsDotNet are certainly both excellent as are Yesterworld and Defunctland, but none of those are vlogs.
Couldn't agree more!!!

Creathir

I love Adam's content away from Disney also. Especially road trips with the Carpet Bagger.
Yeah, that is definitely some of his great content.
Honestly, he seems like a genuinely great person, watching his reaction to getting trespassed at WDW and just the raw emotion of it.
He genuinely loves Disney and the ideals of Walt, and genuinely loves movies and what they offer people.

Just excellent content.

Dan Deesnee

These colors bloggers don't make as much as you might think. Anything with copyright content (like in these Disney vlogs) has a huge reduction in compensation compared to what was the two highest paying topics, finance and beauty.

I have no doubt some of them are making 5 figures annually (not worth the time and effort in my opinion), but to me having to vlog every day sounds like a living hell.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

The channel has been a daily usually "day in the life" type of video from day one which would mean that family and friends and pets etc have always been a huge part of the channel. And he still does more than enough theme park and special event type videos.
Also its easy to know by the title if its something you're interested in. Some vloggers are all about the clickbait and its refreshing that he isn't.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
These colors bloggers don't make as much as you might think. Anything with copyright content (like in these Disney vlogs) has a huge reduction in compensation compared to what was the two highest paying topics, finance and beauty.

I have no doubt some of them are making 5 figures annually (not worth the time and effort in my opinion), but to me having to vlog every day sounds like a living hell.
Several of the more popular ones like Adam and Tim are making mid six figures.

Tom Morrow

Lots of people still hate Adam the Woo and TimTracker, but I think it is unwarranted. Both of them have done this long before it was trendy and in the past have had really good content. That said, I don't really watch either anymore. TimTracker's videos are always about his kid now or some free resort stay they got. Adam's content used to be all kinds of stuff but unfortunately since moving back to Florida, he has settled in to becoming yet another theme park vlogger only.

All the endless copycats that have nothing at all of interest to say other than filming their days at the theme park can go away though. So sick of these people and often they are very disrespectful to theme park employees and other guests.

Chip Chipperson

My wife and I watch the Trackers and DFB. I'll occasionally watch a Daily Woo video, but don't make a point of seeking them out most of the time. It was actually a Tracker/Woo crossover video that made me check him out but his style is more of a small doses sort of thing for me because he talks so slow.

I'll also check out Gluten Free Diary Free WDW because I have to eat gluten free, so their videos and website are helpful. We met them while on line for MMRR at DHS on our last trip and they're both really nice.

castlecake2.0

I go through phases. I used to really like wdw couple but they got kinda full of themselves and also started advertising resort photography after a whole bunch of photopass layoffs last year which I thought was in bad taste. I think what annoys me a lot is that most of these vloggers are just filming a day in the park without really doing much and making money off of other peoples content. At that point your not a content creator anymore, it’s like filming a movie in a theatre and saying it’s yours.

Magenta Panther

Right now I like the Carpetbagger, Jordan the Lion (who doesn't do much Disney stuff, but is personable and manages to keep his blogs interesting no matter the subject) and Theme Parks Worldwide (they introduced me to the amazing new Rookburgh area and Charles Lindbergh Hotel in Phantasialand in Germany, not to mention the excellent refurbed Piraten in Batavia ride in Europa Park, Germany). Paging Mr. Morrow is enjoyable when I'm in a certain mood; sometimes I don't quite know what to make of him, but he's so happy and enthusiastic that he's a real tonic at times. Overall, I really enjoy theme park vlogs. I've learned a lot from them, and, because of such vlogs, I'm determined to visit Efteling in the Netherlands someday. Gotta start saving those pennies...

Dan Deesnee

Several of the more popular ones like Adam and Tim are making mid six figures.

Curious how you know this. And do you mean miss six figures as 150k or 500k?

Last time I investigated this out of curiosity the general understanding was a vlogger gets roughly $2 per 1000 views. If Tracker is getting 3 million views a month that equals about $73,000 per year. Now take out YouTubes 45% cut and you have roughly $45,000. Now take 25% out for taxes and it comes down to about $30,000.

Even if my numbers are off by half that's still only $60,000. But I don't think they are.

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
Curious how you know this. And do you mean miss six figures as 150k or 500k?

Last time I investigated this out of curiosity the general understanding was a vlogger gets roughly $2 per 1000 views. If Tracker is getting 3 million views a month that equals about $73,000 per year. Now take out YouTubes 45% cut and you have roughly $45,000. Now take 25% out for taxes and it comes down to about $30,000.

Even if my numbers are off by half that's still only $60,000. But I don't think they are.
I’m paying YouTube several times more than $2 per 1000 completed commercial views, and Tim Tracker has enough viewers to have the unskippable commercials. So if they’re paying him $2/M that is after they’ve taken a massive cut.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I’ll probably never be able to watch a Vlogger thank their viewers again without thinking of the scene about 35 minutes into Bo Burnham’s new special Inside where he thanks his fans while holding a stabbing knife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom