Skyliner down at EP tonight. Crash?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Because they bought a cheap system.
Not even remotely true
It couldn't have been that expensive, they didn't even spring for the A/C.

Deutschland 83 Running GIF by SundanceTV

lightguy

Or more correctly. They bought an expensive system and then made it even more expensive by attempting a first of its kind feature that has occasionally lead to some minor incidents.
The first of it's kind feature you're referring to is the ADA loading on a separate track??? That seems to be the root of the recent accidents- most likely operator error.

Ayla

The first of it's kind feature you're referring to is the ADA loading on a separate track??? That seems to be the root of the recent accidents- most likely operator error.
Yes, places with similar gondolas do not have that feature. How much of it is human-controlled, though? I'm not familiar enough with the system to say how much is computer and how much is human. Are the gondolas manually removed and added back to the track?

Parker in NYC

Then don’t ride it.

Just because you’re not aware of or choose to ignore all of the incidents that have happened involving monorails buses and watercraft doesn’t mean they operate without issues.
Oh for goodness sake. What's next on your list, the flu? At least it didn't make the top spot.

mergatroid

Seems to me like some of those who don't like the Skyliner are judging it differently to other methods of transport. Have there been any actual injuries yet like with the monorail where there was a fatal accident a few years back? I'm sure some were demanding that monorails be scrapped after that, after all we can't a system that isn't perfect can we :rolleyes:

durangojim

Thank goodness the busses have never been in any accidents.

edit: /s for any who couldn’t tell.
I like the skyliner faults and all, I also like the monorail, and I like the boats. I’m willing to put up the issues that come with all of these modes of transportation. I don’t like the busses but I still use them. Seems like the only 100% reliable form of Disney Transportation is my two feet.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

There's a big difference between the buses and the Skyliner (and the monorail). If a bus gets into an accident, it doesn't shut down the whole bus system and strand a bunch of people who weren't on that specific bus.

I've wondered if that was some part (however small) of the reason they never expanded the monorail further.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Well no, the busses don't have a clean record either;
"On March 23, 2010, a Disney transportation bus rear-ended a private charter bus near the entrance to the Epcot parking lot. Seven guests aboard the Disney bus received minor injuries, while the bus driver was reported to have received critical injuries. On April 1, 2010, a 9-year-old boy was crushed to death by a Disney transportation bus at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground while he was riding his bicycle with an 11-year-old girl. A report from the Florida Highway Patrol says that the victim appeared to turn his bike into the road and ran into the side of the bus, subsequently being dragged under the bus's right-rear tire. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. A preliminary report stated that the bus driver, who has 30 years' experience with Disney, was not impaired or driving recklessly and that charges probably would not be filed, pending a full investigation of the incident. In October 2010, Disney World was sued for $15,106 by the boy's mother. Disney settled out of court in 2012 with the boy's mother. On December 26, 2010, a 69-year-old man died after stepping in front of a moving Disney transportation bus in the parking lot of Disney's Port Orleans Resort. On December 11, 2018, two buses collided near the Epcot park entrance and 15 people were taken to local hospitals, all suffering minor injuries."

Lilofan

Well no, the busses don't have a clean record either;
"On March 23, 2010, a Disney transportation bus rear-ended a private charter bus near the entrance to the Epcot parking lot. Seven guests aboard the Disney bus received minor injuries, while the bus driver was reported to have received critical injuries. On April 1, 2010, a 9-year-old boy was crushed to death by a Disney transportation bus at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground while he was riding his bicycle with an 11-year-old girl. A report from the Florida Highway Patrol says that the victim appeared to turn his bike into the road and ran into the side of the bus, subsequently being dragged under the bus's right-rear tire. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. A preliminary report stated that the bus driver, who has 30 years' experience with Disney, was not impaired or driving recklessly and that charges probably would not be filed, pending a full investigation of the incident. In October 2010, Disney World was sued for $15,106 by the boy's mother. Disney settled out of court in 2012 with the boy's mother. On December 26, 2010, a 69-year-old man died after stepping in front of a moving Disney transportation bus in the parking lot of Disney's Port Orleans Resort. On December 11, 2018, two buses collided near the Epcot park entrance and 15 people were taken to local hospitals, all suffering minor injuries."
The FW fatality was shown on live TV. A media helicopter flew over FW and the camera focused on the deceased covered by a tarp next to the bus

natatomic

The gondolas are all on the same line with the same spacing at the turn station and there aren't other cars coming back onto the line like they do at the regular stations.
Are you sure? The cars definitely slow down there. How are they on the same line there if they’re going a different speed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom