Skyliner down at EP tonight. Crash?

natatomic

These crashes in the station probably don’t trigger an automatic e-stop, right? It’s more than likely CMs seeing the crash and stopping the ride, yeah?
My question is can this collision happen at the turn by the gas station where the cars slow down and speed back up? And if it happens there, and a CM doesn’t see it happen, what happens when the cars keep going? Would the crashed cars be able to get back onto the main line at full speed? Or would they not be able to grab the line and then become detached and fall?

Disone

These crashes in the station probably don’t trigger an automatic e-stop, right? It’s more than likely CMs seeing the crash and stopping the ride, yeah?
My question is can this collision happen at the turn by the gas station where the cars slow down and speed back up? And if it happens there, and a CM doesn’t see it happen, what happens when the cars keep going? Would the crashed cars be able to get back onto the main line at full speed? Or would they not be able to grab the line and then become detached and fall?
man.... I feel like I just read the plot of the next Final Destination Movie. Nightmare scenario here, but all good questions.

Ayla

No, they can't happen at the turn station.

Disone

No, they can't happen at the turn station.
I am curious as to why not? Both the loading stations and turning station go through the same disconnect and reconnect process before/after the gondolas reach the turn. All the collisions seem to be in the areas were speed changes and disconnect or reconnect to the cable occurs and the turning station has the same process/feature.

Ayla

I am curious as to why not? Both the loading stations and turning station go through the same disconnect and reconnect process before/after the gondolas reach the turn. All the collisions seem to be in the areas were speed changes and disconnect or reconnect to the cable occurs and the turning station has the same process/feature.
The gondolas are all on the same line with the same spacing at the turn station and there aren't other cars coming back onto the line like they do at the regular stations.

GimpYancIent

Hmmmmmm.
1623340258789.png

Disone

The gondolas are all on the same line with the same spacing at the turn station and there aren't other cars coming back onto the line like they do at the regular stations.
Interesting. It is true that the gondolas are not nearly bumper-to-bumper at the turning station like they are in the load stations. But they are still very much closer together than they are along the cable line.

GimpYancIent

@Lift Blog would know for sure.

If the cable kept delivering cars into the station and there was a blockage that kept the cars from advancing in the station, then eventually they would pile up.
Correct observation. The issue / challenge for the engineers is to ensure 100% of the time when a car (gondola) stops that the trailing cars (gondolas) also stop until the stopped one moves. 100% is the goal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom