Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

PiratesMansion

Given that APs are no more (for now), I’m realizing that the huge advantage to being at the parks at rope drop is probably all but gone at this point, isn’t it? Who’s gonna pay that much for a ticket and show up at noon?
Perhaps a bit, but it's still probably helpful to be there at rope drop because:
1. Many locals are still going to have quite a commute and a lot of traffic to deal with to make rope drop
2. Despite every theme park site ever extolling the virtues of showing up when parks open, most people still don't do it. Even people who should know better.

Stevek

So any reports from folks that have visited in the last week or so on crowds? Wait times seem to be holding and reasonable from what I can tell.

CaptinEO

Vloggers are not going away and Disney is not going to crack down on them. The vloggers give Disney tons of social media presence for free. Disney also courts the vloggers with special access, press previews and the like, which Disney certainly would not do if the vloggers were bad for Disney.

I suspect most people's angst about vloggers is jealousy that they've created a business that earns them some money while attending the parks multiple times a month. 🤷‍♂️
It depends how much they detract from visitors. I could care less how much someone earns or what their job is. I just dont like people impacting my themepark experience, whether its annoying teenagers or vloggers putting on a show.

If someone is just showcasing merchandise or food, I don't see it being a huge deal (unless theyre ruining a nice place like Blue Bayou for others). But when you're constantly putting on a show and talking to an online audience while in line, it gets super annoying.

Our 60 day window for dining opened up and so far nothing has been posted for California Adventure or Downtown Disney- only in Disneyland. In fact, the farthest out date I see for reservations for DTD is July 10th.

Anyone know what's the deal? I'm worried about getting that Lamplight Lounge reservation which normally I would be able to book tomorrow.....

ToTBellHop

Our 60 day window for dining opened up and so far nothing has been posted for California Adventure or Downtown Disney- only in Disneyland. In fact, the farthest out date I see for reservations for DTD is July 10th.

Anyone know what's the deal? I'm worried about getting that Lamplight Lounge reservation which normally I would be able to book tomorrow.....
Everything releases sporadically, unfortunately.

CaptinEO

Looks like DL is releasing things in a timely manner now... just will have to be stalking the app for that Lamplight Lounge time...!!
FYI for some reason Disney will give out reservations before Lamplight Longue actually opens. We had an 1130 reservation and showed up on time but had to wait a half hour for the place to actually open (it opens at noon).

SSG

Welp, the die is cast. I have tickets/reservations for 5 days in mid-August. Can't wait to see how the park has come through COVID times. I look forward to sharing my disappointment with the Jungle Cruise changes and Avenger's Campus :p

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.15.45 PM.png

Well folks it has been a rough 10 months under the Blueprint. Here is the final tier assignment map before next weeks retirement of the Blueprint and with it, the majority of the restrictions. Now we look to see what the theme parks will be able to do post June 15th.

Disneyland and Knotts will be welcoming back out of state visitors on the same day (June 15th)

Tamandua

View attachment 562715

Well folks it has been a rough 10 months under the Blueprint. Here is the final tier assignment map before next weeks retirement of the Blueprint and with it, the majority of the restrictions. Now we look to see what the theme parks will be able to do post June 15th.

Disneyland and Knotts will be welcoming back out of state visitors on the same day (June 15th)
Looking at the data over the last 10 months... I'd say it was a blueprint for failure.

mickEblu

Not required outdoors as of 6/15.

If Disneyland finally announces something in regard to masks I’m definitely postponing my trip to DCA this Saturday. Especially since the forecast climbed up from 81 to 88

EDIT: or I could do what I did last time I guess. Masks aren’t that bad when they’re under your nose or chin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom