News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

jt04

Need some clarification here...
What is temporary?
Big buildings(Rat, Tron, GotG)?
Skyliner?

What would be temporary, cause none of them are

Not that the attractions are temporary but that there are plans down the road to add things that will solve the problem. When budgets allow.

Phicinfan

Not that the attractions are temporary but that there are plans down the road to add things that will solve the problem. When budgets allow.
Oh, well I don't see how you are going to hide France from the Skyliner, nor Tron building from speedway or Contemporary very easily....

Nor GotG from rest of park.

More paint?

jt04

Oh, well I don't see how you are going to hide France from the Skyliner, nor Tron building from speedway or Contemporary very easily....

Nor GotG from rest of park.

More paint?

The skyliner is likely here to stay. I like the kinetics above rat more than I thought I would. That is really the only "problem" spot. The telephoto views posted here are pure grandstanding.

GotG is one of the easier fixes IMO. Since even from the most exposed angle you are seeing only a modest percentage of the building. That could easily have theming added to it. Either physically attached or on free standing supports like a billboard. The ToT makeover at DCA is a good template.

Tron from the Contemporary seems a bit nitpicky. You've always been able to see back stage of SM for instance. And other backstage areas.

I personally think there are plans for the speedway but those would be down the road. Heh. Possibly theming or, my hope, a brand new attraction with more elevation. 🌃

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
.GotG is one of the easier fixes IMO. Since even from the most exposed angle you are seeing only a modest percentage of the building. That could easily have theming added to it. Either physically attached or on free standing supports like a billboard. The ToT makeover at DCA is a good template.
It’s staying as it is. Even seeing 25% is too much.

You’ll see it. One day.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The skyliner is likely here to stay. I like the kinetics above rat more than I thought I would. That is really the only "problem" spot. The telephoto views posted here are pure grandstanding.

GotG is one of the easier fixes IMO. Since even from the most exposed angle you are seeing only a modest percentage of the building. That could easily have theming added to it. Either physically attached or on free standing supports like a billboard. The ToT makeover at DCA is a good template.

Tron from the Contemporary seems a bit nitpicky. You've always been able to see back stage of SM for instance. And other backstage areas.

I personally think there are plans for the speedway but those would be down the road. Heh. Possibly theming or, my hope, a brand new attraction with more elevation. 🌃

You don’t need a telephoto lens to see the bad views from the Skyliner.

Phicinfan

As mentioned, a Hogwarts Express solution would have been ideal. And likely cheaper than busses long term.
Okay, wait a minute. I have to be missing something here.

How in the world can you do a Hogwarts Express solution at WDW linking EPCOT, DHS and the hotels they have linked?? Seriously?

jt04

Okay, wait a minute. I have to be missing something here.

How in the world can you do a Hogwarts Express solution at WDW linking EPCOT, DHS and the hotels they have linked?? Seriously?

Break them up into segments. Small skyliner runs and short light rail segments.

What doesn't make sense is the convoluted means to get from DHS to the Epcot entrance compared to the point to point "crows fly" distance. It is a very strange solution. IMO of course.

James Alucobond

Quote of the day.
I'm still in my denial phase on this and Cosmic Rewind since they're so ugly and so easy to fix. I've moved to acceptance for Harmonious, sadly.

With the skyliner views in particular, the vertical height is already there on the show building to not require a complete buildout of structures. They could literally just plaster a more dimensional facade along the front and side and no one would be able to see the lack of roofing or interior structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom