Jungle Cruise Update

mickEblu

He looks so good! Super lifelike, but also expressive. It somehow avoids being in the uncanny valley, from this still at least.

I think he will go down as 2021's Hungry Bear sign.

This is exactly where my mind went. The 2021 Hungry Bear sign.

Is it just me or does the rhino also look more expressive? Or maybe I just never paid close enough attention

Californian Elitist

Yeah, the characters should all be moving, right?

Otherwise I think it looks good. The guy on the bottom (the butt of the joke, so to speak) looks like a 1960s Marc Davis character.

r/disneyparks - New 'Trapped Safari' Scene has Debuted on the Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom'Trapped Safari' Scene has Debuted on the Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom
Looks great, honestly.

mickEblu

The designs are solid enough, but ultimately I just don't understand the purpose of adding a story or reoccurring characters to the Jungle Cruise. Obviously I understand these changes were done for PC reasons, but part of the gag for the rhino scene is the commentary on the social hierarchy of the white explorer above the African guides. The gag still works, but a layer has been removed (although the new commentary of white man getting the horn with a white woman safe on top has humor in it, as well). Perhaps it would have been better to go ahead and redesign the entire scene, just as they have with the Native portions of the attractions. At the end of the day, though, I'm just happy the changes are independent of the new movie.

It’s weird, I never viewed that scene as a commentary on Social hierarchy (at least a a conscious level) although that could be what they were going for. I viewed it in the most literal way possible. People escaping the rhino. I think I would view it as the White man being the most scared out of the bunch before I viewed it as the white man being the most protected.

Anyway, yeah the figures we ve seen look great. Hopefully they don’t ruin it with unnecessary back stories. You know how it goes these days on most of their rethemes. They give and they takeaway

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Isn't the guy on the bottom the captain of the ship?

Logically, wouldn't the people on the pole from top down also be the first to last to leave the sinking boat?

D.Silentu

Isn't the guy on the bottom the captain of the ship?

Logically, wouldn't the people on the pole from top down also be the first to last to leave the sinking boat?
I believe so. Captains are responsible for the safety of the passengers so he should be the last one off the boat, therefore their order does make sense.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom