So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Sharon&Susan

So third team I forget the name of when ya posting?
1622692144700.png

PRESENTS
1622692114699.png

TheOriginalTiki

My initial thoughts on Webslingers immediately after watching the POV
Pros: The transitions between the screens are actually very good. I really appreciate how the ride is a tour through Avengers Campus and the story feels surprisingly natural and in-universe

Cons Outdoor queue looks somewhat lazy. Like, maybe good Cedar Fair quality at best. Barely any on-ride music. What the hell. I really hope this is just a weird soft open thing because it's super noticeable plus I really did like the music in the queue. As expected, the screen segments themselves look pretty damn boring (though again I like the progression and locations) Wasn't expecting AAs, but at least one would have been nice. How hard would it have been to get a physical Spider-Bot? Not counting the ones at the end. I appreciate them but they don't really move so therefore not AAs and I would have liked to have seen at least one or two in attack mode during the transitions. Not a fan at all of how much of the outdoor queue is blatantly pushing the DLC merch. The whole DLC merch thing is a big can of worms unto itself and I have some pretty damn cynical feelings about it overall.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It definitely gives the Ant-Man ride in Hong Kong a run for it’s money 😬
According to my brother (who covered the opening of that ride), the ride moves faster and looks better in person than it looks on video. But as a replacement for the kinetic and AA-heavy Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, it's definitely a step-down.

Hot take: am I the only one who's finding the Marvel Imagineering portfolio kinda lackluster? Whatever they're producing (and I'm not blaming them) looks very value-Imagineered which isn't always a good thing (see DCA 1.0 and WDSP 1.0). Hopefully, with the announced Quinjet E-ticket that will change, but I'm really not rushing to Avengers Campus anytime soon.

Except maybe ride Mission: BREAKOUT! in DCA and the Iron Man coaster in WDSP, those I'd rush to ride on.

Last edited:

DashHaber

According to my brother (who covered the opening of that ride), the ride moves faster and looks better in person than it looks on video. But as a replacement for the kinetic and AA-heavy Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, it's definitely a step-down.

Hot take: am I the only one who's finding the Marvel Imagineering portfolio kinda lackluster? Whatever they're producing (and I'm not blaming them) since it appears everything is value-Imagineered which isn't always a good thing (see DCA 1.0 and WDSP 1.0). Hopefully, with the announced Quinjet E-ticket that will change, but I'm really not rushing to Avengers Campus anytime soon.

Except maybe ride Mission: BREAKOUT! in DCA and the Iron Man coaster in WDSP, those I'd rush to ride on.
Yeah, to be honest, a lot of what they've done so far has just felt a bit...underwhelming. Like, I recently watched this:

A magic show is okay, but I feel like you could do a really cool stunt show with special effects for Dr. Strange, or some ride that could really capture the mindbending imagery from his film. This just feels like it's not taking full advantage of the character.

Here's hoping Cosmic Rewind is good.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Yeah, to be honest, a lot of what they've done so far has just felt a bit...underwhelming. Like, I recently watched this:

A magic show is okay, but I feel like you could do a really cool stunt show with special effects for Dr. Strange, or some ride that could really capture the mindbending imagery from his film. This just feels like it's not taking full advantage of the character.

Here's hoping Cosmic Rewind is good.

It's a bit odd that a show like this is set outdoors since Doctor Strange is so reliant on theatrics that can only be accomplished in an indoor theater. All shows with Doctor Strange (from DCL to WDSP) have staged it indoors to take full advantage of its potential. So what gives?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So. I haven’t watched any POVs or shows because I’m saving it for a real trip. But I did watch the virtual tour and I’m just so excited to watch Spider-man web swing over the buildings!!! Honestly this might be the first time I’ve been most enthusiastic about the character interactions than anything else!! Meeting Thor and Loki was the highlight of my most recent DCA trip ☺️😂🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom