Discriminated against FOR wearing a mask ?

DonniePeverley

Original Poster
So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm

TiggerDad

So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm
Worse - they'll be thinking you are a liberal.

The anti-vaxxers generally refuse to wear masks as well, so wearing a mask wouldn't paint you as that.

Lilofan

Hmmm
Don't let them bother you. Enjoy your time at WDW . Or tell them - " I wear because I care ". That should shut them up.

KevinPage

Hmmm
1. Who cares what people think

2. I’ve been Vac’d and still wear a mask when I feel it’s needed.

3. Even though there are plenty of idiots around, I’d be surprised if anyone actually says anything. I’ve been going since July 2020 and have never experienced anyone saying anything to me or any other guest/cast member. Generally speaking, most people are decent and follow the rules. People don’t go to Disney to stir the pot, regardless of their “beliefs”.

Just do what works for you and makes you feel comfortable. Granted I get more people not following the social distance markers in queue than before, so I tell the kids to move ahead and I stay in place until they get there (before I move) if someone is on top of me, just so they know I’m aware and they need to keep their distance. Only had a minor issue 1-2x that resolved itself with no physical or verbal altercation 🤩

Lilofan

We will be at WDW for two weeks starting this Saturday.
We are all fully vaccinated and plan on wearing our masks.
If someone wants to say something to me regarding that while we are on property, I will try my best not to get banned from WDW for life.
If you do someone will post the video on YouTube. No permission needed.

ElvisMickey

Hmmm
Anyone who’s a normal human being wouldn’t discriminate you for wearing a mask. If that keeps you feeling safe, happy and healthy, go for it. However, on the flip side, those of us who are vaccinated and dropped our masks don’t want to hear any bull💩 from mask warriors who consider us the scum of the earth. Quite a few on this site.

Hope you and your family are doing well!

Goofyernmost

We will be at WDW for two weeks starting this Saturday.
We are all fully vaccinated and plan on wearing our masks.
If someone wants to say something to me regarding that while we are on property, I will try my best not to get banned from WDW for life.
I've only been spoken to twice and it was for the opposite. We received the go ahead to not wear one a few weeks ago. I've had the same lady who lives in our senior housing ask me twice were my mask was. I was busy the first time and just said, it's in my apartment. The second time she asked the same question and I responded because I have been completely vaccinated. I asked have you been vaccinated and she said no! Then I asked is there any reason why you haven't gotten one, her reply was that she was afraid of the possible side effects. Well, I said, you have made the decision to not get the protection you need which became your problem just as soon as you decided that, so you wear your mask because you have too. If you want to keep wearing it, that is your choice.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Anyone who’s a normal human being wouldn’t discriminate you for wearing a mask. If that keeps you feeling safe, happy and healthy, go for it. However, on the flip side, those of us who are vaccinated and dropped our masks don’t want to hear any bull💩 from mask warriors who consider us the scum of the earth. Quite a few on this site.

Hope you and your family are doing well!
Normal human being does not seem to be the norm in this country anymore. It's all very sad!

Lilofan

Normal human being does not seem to be the norm in this country anymore. It's all very sad!
I do not agree. Now more than ever is a NEW Normal that some have a challenging time getting used to and accepting. Part of it is their brains process the New Normal differently from others. Not a brain defect, just saying, just processing it in a different manner. But my mom always said when I was a little boy, to get smarter eat more fish! It's brain food.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I do not agree. Now more than ever is a NEW Normal that some have a challenging time getting used to and accepting. Part of it is their brains process the New Normal differently from others. Not a brain defect, just saying, just processing it in a different manner. But my mom always said when I was a little boy, to get smarter eat more fish! It's brain food.
That's because fish swim in Schools ...

Drums Eye Roll GIF

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF

Goofyernmost

That is a good example but there is a major difference and that was that the educational level was lower then, there was no social media to offer alternative narratives. That particular one was probably handed down within the family and not from outside sources. And those that knew that wasn't really an established fact didn't have forum to contradict it. That wasn't brain washing that was pure unintentional misinformation. There are so many way and directions to go now that if people were only able to think for themselves might be able to dispel the myths we have been bombarded with lately. That sad part is people only accept what they already believe.

Lilofan

That is a good example but there is a major difference and that was that the educational level was lower then, there was no social media to offer alternative narratives. That particular one was probably handed down within the family and not from outside sources. And those that knew that wasn't really an established fact didn't have forum to contradict it. That wasn't brain washing that was pure unintentional misinformation. There are so many way and directions to go now that if people were only able to think for themselves might be able to dispel the myths we have been bombarded with lately. That sad part is people only accept what they already believe.
Yes I agree, misinformation is out there and I myself have believed it from time to time.

ilovelabs2021

By the time we go, three of four us in my family will be vaccinated (my 11 year old isn't eligible yet). We will wear masks on lanyards and put them on outside if we feel the need to (like if things get crowded in a certain area). I don't care what people think, really. I did tell my 11 year old that if Disney decided to allow vaccinated guests to stop wearing masks indoors like Universal that she would have to wear one inside and she was fine with it.

Chi84

Premium Member
On social media, everyone minds everyone else's business. At WDW, they mind their own. Unless you are actually breaking a rule or going out of your way to bother or inconvenience someone, it is highly unlikely anyone (CMs or other guests) will notice or care what you are doing.

durangojim

Don't give it a second thought. Myself, wife, and two kids have been vaccinated. We'll still be wearing a mask while we're there in 3 weeks even though we don't have to. Why? Because we don't mind wearing masks, none of us have been sick all year and don't feel like taking the chance of contracting anything while we're there. When we get back home from vacation we don't plan on wearing the masks anymore (I still will while I'm at work), but none of us feel like taking a chance on feeling ill on our 3 week vacation.

TotallyBiased

I look at it this way. One of the creedos of the anti-mask crowd is "You don't have to go out if you don't want to. You do you, I'll do me."

If they have a problem, I just flip their own logic on them. Beyond that I don't give anyone besides my fam any further thought. "You do you." Unless of course you're hacking like Cheech and Chong, then I'm hosing your down with Lysol and vacating the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom