Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why 70% and not 65% or 80%? Just curious why you chose that number.
Israel seems to have possibly reached herd immunity. They saw their cases go into a steep decline when they hit around 55% of the total population vaccinated with 1 shot and are now at 60% of the total population with 1 shot. Their natural infection level seems to be similar to the US and they actually had a higher level of more contagious variants so it’s a decent ballpark to look at. Obviously the US is a much larger and more diverse country so it’s not a perfect comparison. The US is 4.7% short of 55% of the total population with 1 shot (about 15M people). If we get to 70% of eligible people vaccinated that will put us right around 60% of the total population. No idea if that’s enough to get it done, but we should know soon enough.

Willmark

Fine, I will be the one to say it. If a virus is deemed to be a sufficient risk to public health, and we have a vaccine that has been rigorously tested, then yes, we need to begin thinking about the idea that a vaccine will need to be compulsory. I believe that this period of human history where we act like infectious disease management is a personal choice will be an aberration. Humanity will experience another infectious disease that results in the catastrophic effects of a small pox or measles and humans will be reminded that proper disease management is a necessary function in order to establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, and promote the general welfare. Whether the vaccine for SARS-CoV-2 rises to that level of need, will take more time to evaluate the frequency and intensity in which future outbreaks occur.
Thank you for the honesty of your reply.

DisneyCane

There are vaccinations that are required. It's nothing new.

Also...it was a discussion point. Chill out.
In FL, it is 100% legal for the "public health official" (the Surgeon General currently) to force people to be vaccinated during a "public health emergency." However, the FL Surgeon General declared and end to the "public health emergency" a few weeks so can't currently force vaccinations.

If it was declared a public health emergency again, the Surgeon General could order mandatory vaccinations. It won't happen, but it is legal and constitutional by the FL and US Constitutions as far as I can tell.

LittleBuford

Actually I take that back...... The real enjoyment was that video showing what happens when you push agendas on others.
She's been charged with assault and will have a criminal record for the rest of her life. That's to say nothing of the flight attendant, who lost two teeth. I fail to see what enjoyment anyone can derive from such an incident.

lazyboy97o

There was one agenda being pushed in that video - and it was being pushed by the passenger. I didn't find anything enjoyable about it at all.
She's been charged with assault and will have a criminal record for the rest of her life. That's to say nothing of the flight attendant, who lost two teeth. I fail to see what enjoyment anyone can derive from such an incident.
This is someone who has previously advocated not tipping and harassing employees who enforce mask rules. It’s not at all surprising that such disgusting behavior is being applauded. It’s disturbing how “freedom” has become so co-opted as a smokescreen for justifying selfish and abhorrent behavior.

Touchdown

If I was an employer I would most certainly require my employees to be vaccinated to remain employed for these simple reasons:

1. It prevents an employee from getting Covid 19 which results in at best a long period of an employee being unable to work.

2. It saves me health insurance money by avoiding hospitalizations.

3. I can advertise to nervous customers that all my staff is vaccinated.

I would totally do it, but I think most are just going to mandate masks for all unvaccinated employees, and you need to show HR proof you are vaccinated to be exempt.

JoeCamel

If I was an employer I would most certainly require my employees to be vaccinated to remain employed for these simple reasons:

1. It prevents an employee from getting Covid 19 which results in at best a long period of an employee being unable to work.

I would totally do it, but I think most are just going to mandate masks for all unvaccinated employees, and you need to show HR proof you are vaccinated to be exempt.
I could see a health insurer requiring vaccination as a condition of issuing the employer their health plan. The employer may not have a choice

Epcotbob

Easy to say when you are not actually an employer having to consider who you might have to actually fire. There is a reason hardly any employers are doing it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Easy to say when you are not actually an employer having to consider who you might have to actually fire. There is a reason hardly any employers are doing it.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Not buying that poll. Sounds good on paper.

Epcotbob

The first article is old and just based on a survey....the second, more recent article pretty much proves my point. A lot of “incentives” but no hard requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom