Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Not really. Better than many, worse than some.
Whether one likes its contents or not, I don't think there's any denying that the Daily Mail is in format and style a tabloid.

ETA: It even describes itself as such:

"It's a seminal achievement. Never before has a middle-market tabloid reached the summit."

Flugell

Whether one likes its contents or not, I don't think there's any denying that the Daily Mail is in format and style a tabloid.

ETA: It even describes itself as such:

"It's a seminal achievement. Never before has a middle-market tabloid reached the summit."

Not going to argue with that at all but the response “tabloid paper” implied a derogatory opinion. Tabloid in the U.K. is generally applied to the less newsy papers.

TokyoMiki

Then what's this issue if it becomes a requirement to have it.

to what level of requirement?
And Issue??

As for the USA it is a huge legal issue. There's this pesky little thing called a Constitution and such a forced injection upon the populace ain't gunna go over so well without a robust US court challenge and dare I say even armed insurrection challenge.

But you know that already(or should).

If you and a certain dragon looking figure with a wild imagination are ultimately hoping for a forced injection you're setting yourselves up for a dissapointment.

Jrb1979

to what level of requirement?
And Issue??

As for the USA it is a huge legal issue. There's this pesky little thing called a Constitution and such a forced injection upon the populace ain't gunna go over so well without a robust US court challenge and dare I say even armed insurrection challenge.

But you know that already(or should).

If you and a certain dragon looking figure with a wild imagination are ultimately hoping for a forced injection you're setting yourselves up for a dissapointment.
They already have vaccines being required for schools. That's probably where you will see it going forward.

LittleBuford

I'm not opining on the matter, but please see the links in my earlier post:

Some interesting links on the legality of mandatory vaccinations in the US:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
To what level? Strapping down against one's will as if being injected with with an execution cocktail like in Tarre Haute?

Compulsory? How far?
Nobody is going to be strapped down and forced to be vaccinated. If it’s “required” it would be done through limiting people‘s ability to work or function in public settings without it. If for example all employers mandated a Covid vaccine as a term of employment then most people would have to comply because they need to work. If every conceivable leisure activity also required it most people would also comply since they wouldn’t want to sit out life. In any situation where the vaccine is mandated there needs to be some accommodation made for people who medically cannot be vaccinated or have a religious objection. This is how the flu vaccine mandates work in medical or long term care settings. The accommodation in those cases is typically that the employee is either moved to a non-public facing job if possible or if not possible they are required to wear extra PPE at all times during flu season.

IMHO I’d rather not see us have to go down that route. I’d rather see people choose to get vaccinated than try to force them to. We don’t know what level of vaccination will be needed so it could still come to that, but it is looking better and better each day that it will not be needed. This country is deeply divided still and needs some serious healing so the worst thing that could happen is an extreme and divisive policy that forces more animosity. I’m looking forward to the roaring 20s 2.0🤩 an extended period of prosperity and hopefully peace and a time where we can work on some of the bigger issues with our society. We just need to turn the page on this pesky pandemic first 😜

MrMcDuck

If COVID-19 vaccines had been made truly mandatory, we would have seen some violence in the US because this nation was/is a tinderbox and attempting that level of control would easily have been enough to spark something. Legal battles would have been the least of our worries. Thankfully, a different path was chosen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They already have vaccines being required for schools. That's probably where you will see it going forward.
If Covid becomes endemic like many people think it will I do see this as the future. Just like MMR or other vaccines required of kids. Once the covid vaccine is fully approved and its well established to be safe long term there‘s no reason to assume we would have less acceptance than the vaccines for those other viruses.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I came quite late to this party. But, believe it or not, I went back to page one and read almost the entire thing. And, I have found it to be both scientific and socially informative. And, I'm glad I found this thread.
I commend your dedication to weed through all these posts. As someone who posted from almost the beginning here I apologize for saying some of the same stuff over and over...and then changing my mind a few months later 😜. It’s been a roller coaster ride and got pretty heated at times but it’s been therapeutic just to try to talk out the problems and try to understand where other people are coming from.

DisneyCane

No one should be forced to be vaccinated but I am still of the belief that places of large gatherings should require proof of vaccination til 70% of the population is vaccinated.

I'm happy that it's looking like proof of vaccination will be a requirement to enter Canada.
Why 70% and not 65% or 80%? Just curious why you chose that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom