News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That would be a very very big showbuilding. Hagrids takes up a huge amount of area. Almost twice the size of gringotts (which is already huge).
It would. But not impossible compared to say a distribution centre or large manufacturing facility. They could even reinstate the original spike fall back scene being inside.

All hypothetical of course.

jt04

It would. But not impossible compared to say a distribution centre or large manufacturing facility. They could even reinstate the original spike fall back scene being inside.

All hypothetical of course.

One method could be Tron like canopies but in smaller sizes and anchored to traditional concrete walls and buildings. I would think it could be done relatively inexpensively compared to the massive Tron canopy or WoL dome. Or certainly Space Mountain.

fgmnt

He doesn’t. He only wants more people in the parks spending money.
Current TWDC leadership wants to treat the parks like an ATM. If there is a slow, low, or negative cash flow, they will fire whatever talented performers, release a class of credentialed/licensed employees like bus drivers, freeze capital spending... whatever it takes to recover the cash flow. That's how the previous 11 months went. The positive, dim, but still shining light in this, is that when the money is rolling in like it is now, they will try to keep the good times rolling. Not to a degree it could overstress the ATM of course (no plussing of legacy attractions or a nighttime parade for MK) but enough to get operations looking competent and capital projects to swiftly wrap up.

Rich Brownn

I’ve gone plenty of Augusts where that’s not the case. Unless “quick” is 2 to 3 hours. I can’t think of a single August without several days of sporadic thunder for hours.
We do have some long storms when a front moves through. But its usually sea breeze collision and they don't last long. The running gag used to be you could tell what month it was by the hour the storms arrived - 2pm/June, 3pm/July, 4pm/Aug Hurricane/Sept. :)

999th Happy Haunt

I really don't want to risk sounding like a Disney shill, but it's become exhausting listening to how ungrateful people have been when reacting to a new E-Ticket attraction in a section of Magic Kingdom that could really use something new. It's not replacing anything, it's a proven popular attraction, it's unique in terms of the ride cars, and it fits in perfectly with the area of the park it's in despite being an IP based attraction.

RSoxNo1

Velocicoaster has a 'box' component for the brief ride building. It seems well-themed to the land in an industrial way. (like Hulk)
I'm generally highly critical of exposed steel on a coaster but the theming of Velocicoaster is self referential and somewhat ingenious. It's an imaginary theme park inside a real theme park which IMO is a better conceit for exposed steel than TRON, Dragon Challenge, Hulk, Slinky Dog and nearly any other story conceit that the two resorts have come up with.

ToTBellHop

I really don't want to risk sounding like a Disney shill, but it's become exhausting listening to how ungrateful people have been when reacting to a new E-Ticket attraction in a section of Magic Kingdom that could really use something new. It's not replacing anything, it's a proven popular attraction, it's unique in terms of the ride cars, and it fits in perfectly with the area of the park it's in despite being an IP based attraction.
I’m happy we are getting it. It’s a cool ride.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think people mostly felt that way when the first version of this thread started over 4 years ago. Give people enough time and they’ll pick anything to death.

Basil of Baker Street

And in 40 years when Disney levels it for a new attraction everyone will be up in arms.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t consider it an e-ticket and I don’t think it fits in perfectly with the area of the park.

Bocabear

You could argue the placement within the land isn’t perfect, but thematically it’s a perfect fit. And I’m not sure how this couldn’t be considered an E-Ticket.
Well not really...
It is a better fit than MILF, and stylistically it looks right, but it does not fit the vernacular or scale of the park...and they are making no changes to the existing structures to visually marry it into Tomorrowland...I mean it's like dumping a an attraction set in New Orleans right in the middle of Frontierla...... Hey!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom