Do we still need park reservations when back to full capacity??

cslafferty

Original Poster
Chapek mentioned being back to full capacity by fall. There has also been much speculation that park reservations will continue well into 2022. I understand the need for park reservations while limiting capacity, but why would this need to continue once they’re back to full capacity? I really don’t like having to plan out which park we think we might want to go to months in advance unless there’s a really good reason.

Goofyernmost

Park pass system will stay but won’t be much of a nuisance once capacity normalizes. You’ll be able to change your park that morning, in most cases.

For Disney, it’s just how they can track expected attendance at each park.
I guess I'm confused, but didn't they have park reservation before Covid? Didn't we have to name a park in order to buy a ticket because some had higher daily rates then others and ALSO they could know who was going where everyday. Is the phrase Park Pass a different then what that was? I might be a little out of the loop, since I have no plans to go this year anyway.

Chapek mentioned being back to full capacity by fall. There has also been much speculation that park reservations will continue well into 2022. I understand the need for park reservations while limiting capacity, but why would this need to continue once they’re back to full capacity? I really don’t like having to plan out which park we think we might want to go to months in advance unless there’s a really good reason.
Couldn't agree more - park reservation system needs to go. I don't mind planning far ahead for our trip, but this is too much of a limitation.

I guess the real problem I have with it currently is looking at this summer and seeing no availability. I guess once we are back at full capacity this won't be an issue, hopefully. I don't mind telling WDW which park we are going to (if it helps them, great!), as long as I am able to go to the park of my choosing. (hope that makes sense)

G00fyDad

If you book a trip for 2022 right now you can add on the Park Hopper option. I thought you couldn't do that with the Park Pass system? So maybe if that is an option for 2022 then maybe the Park Pass thing will go away?

Phicinfan

If you book a trip for 2022 right now you can add on the Park Hopper option. I thought you couldn't do that with the Park Pass system? So maybe if that is an option for 2022 then maybe the Park Pass thing will go away?
I believe there are posts elsewhere saying they will be retaining the park reservation system, it may change from current, but plan is to maintain that.

G00fyDad

I believe there are posts elsewhere saying they will be retaining the park reservation system, it may change from current, but plan is to maintain that.

I guess my point is how are they going to keep the Park Pass system in place if a person is allowed to Park Hop?

G00fyDad

It will give Disney insight on who is going to what park what day so hopefully they can plan out their scheduling better.

Once at full capacity you won't need to make park reservations months in advance.
You could likely wait until a week before and even change your mind the morning of.

That's good. I am a year and five months out and I already know what days we are going to what parks. LOL

Grumpy4196

My guess is 100% is relative. Whatever magic number equaled 100% pre-Covid will not be the new capacity once everything is opened back up. Bob already indicated Park reservations are here to stay!

KaliSplash

I am very opposed to park pass reservations. It's screwing up what we really want to do with a last minute trip next month.
But ... For those who planned trips, you really had a park reservation system in place when you chose your first three fastpass+ choices for the day. But then, you could go to the park of your choice regardless. Even if you ended up with three dippy fastpasses.

DisAl

They will keep it if for no other reason than to avoid having to deny park entrance if a park reaches capacity. The reservation system should keep that from ever happening. I would much rather deal with reservations than to be denied entrance when I arrived after driving 375 miles to get there.

ppete1975

another thing you have to be on your phone for, i know many on here disagree with me. But there are some people still rocking flip phones, or dont have a ton of minutes. While im unlimited and use my phone for everything (including my water usage via a fancy water bottle), my parents have flip phones with enough minutes just to use for emergencies, they have never texted let alone been on the web with it. And if you look at grandparents, some still have a house phone and no cell phone. And lets be honest you are on vacation. I want to arrive and forget i even have a phone, i want to be immersed in the parks not have to worry about planning my day through disney.
Im also someone who likes to do whatever i want on the day i want with no planning, and disney is trying to kill that with every move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom