In person non-Disney Races - what's "on" now and what are you doing?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantastic course! It winds all throughout Celebration, including a mix of roads, sidewalks, and wooden boardwalks (which I know aren’t everyone’s favorite, but I like the change). It’s my PR race. The marathon is a double loop so there’s a very generous time limit for the half (7 hours, I think?).

The after party is amazing! All of the local restaurants in town give out samples. I’m not too keen on eating much after a race, so I give my dad my sample card and he goes crazy, lol! Swag is fun too - I have two large fleece blankets that my daughter has stolen from me. 😂

In the past, it’s typically 2 weeks after WDW Marathon Weekend, so it is a lot close together (for me, anyway), but it’s totally worth it if you can swing it.

Parking in Celebration is awful to begin with. How is parking for this? WHERE is parking for this??

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Fantastic course! It winds all throughout Celebration, including a mix of roads, sidewalks, and wooden boardwalks (which I know aren’t everyone’s favorite, but I like the change). It’s my PR race. The marathon is a double loop so there’s a very generous time limit for the half (7 hours, I think?).

The after party is amazing! All of the local restaurants in town give out samples. I’m not too keen on eating much after a race, so I give my dad my sample card and he goes crazy, lol! Swag is fun too - I have two large fleece blankets that my daughter has stolen from me. 😂

In the past, it’s typically 2 weeks after WDW Marathon Weekend, so it is a lot close together (for me, anyway), but it’s totally worth it if you can swing it.

That's a pretty tight timeline, if one is planning on doing the Castaway Cay Challenge.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You must be desperate if you're thinking of running the Princess half again.
Desperate GIF by memecandy

Figment82

Parking in Celebration is awful to begin with. How is parking for this? WHERE is parking for this??
My dad is incredibly generous and the past 2 years has driven me so I didn’t need to worry. Then closer to my expected finish time, my husband drove over with our daughter and my parents to watch and enjoy the post-race party. So I’m admittedly not the best person to ask - and I agree, parking can be downright dreadful on days with events downtown!

The first year I ran, my husband took me and we found parking by town hall, but it was filling up fast. They recommend getting there early for the closest parking options, but they do provide a map so you have a general idea of what’s available even if you arrive a little later. They close some of the roads for the course, so parking may only be on one side of the residential streets.

I was trying to find the past years’ parking maps, but it looks like they took them off the site temporarily.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My dad is incredibly generous and the past 2 years has driven me so I didn’t need to worry. Then closer to my expected finish time, my husband drove over with our daughter and my parents to watch and enjoy the post-race party. So I’m admittedly not the best person to ask - and I agree, parking can be downright dreadful on days with events downtown!

The first year I ran, my husband took me and we found parking by town hall, but it was filling up fast. They recommend getting there early for the closest parking options, but they do provide a map so you have a general idea of what’s available even if you arrive a little later. They close some of the roads for the course, so parking may only be on one side of the residential streets.

I was trying to find the past years’ parking maps, but it looks like they took them off the site temporarily.
thank you! I will mostly likely register but I'm holding out hope for a rD announcement soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom