Social Distancing and restaurant reopening

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
With a reduction from 6ft to 3ft I wonder if we will see some QS restaurants like Casey’s be able to open back up sooner or if a potential shortage of workers will continue to keep them closed. Thoughts by those in the know or speculation by those who, like myself, aren’t an insider?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With a reduction from 6ft to 3ft I wonder if we will see some QS restaurants like Casey’s be able to open back up sooner or if a potential shortage of workers will continue to keep them closed. Thoughts by those in the know or speculation by those who, like myself, aren’t an insider?

I think yes...and yes...

good questions...but we’ll have to see? It’s about making money 100% Again...so it’s all about ops and accounting now

buckeyegator

my wife brought up a point, what about condiment bars, ie lettuce, tomato, onion,sauerkraut, etc will they come back or do you need to special order?

DisneyDoctor

I think the trajectory of things reopening is inevitable. With mask mandates and distancing loosened progress has started and things will pick up sooner rather than later.

What I wouldn’t give for a frank from Casey’s.

Dog Ate Mouse

The distancing has to stop. 6 ft distancing did not stop the virus and either will 3 ft distancing. Think of it this way, you walk into a restaurant that made you wear a mask to walk 10 to 30 feet in average and you sit down and everyone has their mask off at the tables. The waitress in about 1 to 2 feet normal distance to you and everyone else and goes from table to table. Covid is real except herd immunity in the US for the most part has been hit and a lot of people are getting vaccinated on top of that. It is time to finally start getting back to our old shelves and enjoying life again.
If you want something to fear, then fear people flying in from other countries that still have issues and vaccination at min. It has been proven that even at 6 ft was not enough distancing anyway and that the virus is smaller that the holes in most masks to allow the virus into your system anyway. this is not a belief of mine, but are facts from a lot of hospitals like John Hopkins and numerous physicians, around the USA. I do not listen to Faucci and the CDC at times any more is just as bad as Faucci.

MikeyK72

virus is smaller that the holes in most masks to allow the virus into your system anyway.

To your point about the masks, last year during the California wild fires it was stated that masks would not protect you from smoke particles because the smoke particles could be as small as 3 microns and they'd go right through a mask (unless it was a N95 mask). At the same time, CDC was saying that the virus could live in droplets as small as 1 micron...but we needed to wear masks for protection. After that, my thought were that masks were useless theater from the start.

JIMINYCR

Just came back from a trip and in many restaurants we observed guests getting up from their tables to go to the restroom and walk off past everyone without masking up. Even leaving tables after dining and walking out to the door and then realizing their masks werent on. In the parks the distancing spaces were mostly observed but many times the guest behind you was standing right up behind you in line. 6' was a joke as lines moved forward. Guests moved up to wherever they wanted to be. Spacing was anywhere from 6' to inches behind you. So enforcing distancing is greatly being ignored.

havoc315

To your point about the masks, last year during the California wild fires it was stated that masks would not protect you from smoke particles because the smoke particles could be as small as 3 microns and they'd go right through a mask (unless it was a N95 mask). At the same time, CDC was saying that the virus could live in droplets as small as 1 micron...but we needed to wear masks for protection. After that, my thought were that masks were useless theater from the start.

You're confusing the science. Yes, virus droplets CAN get through a mask. But many of the expired droplets will NOT get through the mask.
It's like saying, "seat belts are useless theater, because they only reduce deaths by 90%!"

Yes, some droplets can get through a mask. But even a low quality mask can significantly reduce the amount of virus being expired. So much so, that masked to masked transmission becomes practically nil.

buckeyegator

imo, restaurant re-openings are going to be tied to resort reopenings, ie more guests equal more crowds equals more need for quick servive eating, ie casey's. harbour house, pizzafari,etc.

havoc315

i don’t believe we are still questioning the effectiveness of masks but..

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Can we NOT turn this into another mask debate??? @The Mom
Sheesh people.

I know Disney can't afford to, but the distancing at restaurants has bee nice. It's wonderful to not be shoehorned in by the table next to you at restaurants. I'm not saying keep 6' but how about 3'? 2'? Something where I'm not bumping my chair into the table behind me when I get up.

havoc315

Can we NOT turn this into another mask debate??? @The Mom
Sheesh people.

I know Disney can't afford to, but the distancing at restaurants has bee nice. It's wonderful to not be shoehorned in by the table next to you at restaurants. I'm not saying keep 6' but how about 3'? 2'? Something where I'm not bumping my chair into the table behind me when I get up.

Nice to get some extra space. But not so nice if it makes it impossible to get a reservation in the first place.

But yes... a little more comfort room between tables is nice.

wdwfan22

There have been Cast inside Casey's recently. I'll be surprised if both of these locations don't reopen this summer. Staffing is still the main reason why many locations are still closed. Social distancing is slowly starting to fade away. In some of the indoor counter service restaurants tables are already back to the pre-pandemic spacing and all being utilized.

TrojanUSC

There have been Cast inside Casey's recently. I'll be surprised if both of these locations don't reopen this summer. Staffing is still the main reason why many locations are still closed. Social distancing is slowly starting to fade away. In some of the indoor counter service restaurants tables are already back to the pre-pandemic spacing and all being utilized.

Casey's was closed because there is no space to distance, especially for cast in the kitchen. It's a literal closet.

Lilofan

imo, restaurant re-openings are going to be tied to resort reopenings, ie more guests equal more crowds equals more need for quick servive eating, ie casey's. harbour house, pizzafari,etc.
Restaurant reopening are tied into one ongoing issue Disney has along with many service industry companies - lack of workers and that is why WDW is actively looking for people to hire for quick service roles.

Lilofan

The distancing has to stop. 6 ft distancing did not stop the virus and either will 3 ft distancing. Think of it this way, you walk into a restaurant that made you wear a mask to walk 10 to 30 feet in average and you sit down and everyone has their mask off at the tables. The waitress in about 1 to 2 feet normal distance to you and everyone else and goes from table to table. Covid is real except herd immunity in the US for the most part has been hit and a lot of people are getting vaccinated on top of that. It is time to finally start getting back to our old shelves and enjoying life again.
If you want something to fear, then fear people flying in from other countries that still have issues and vaccination at min. It has been proven that even at 6 ft was not enough distancing anyway and that the virus is smaller that the holes in most masks to allow the virus into your system anyway. this is not a belief of mine, but are facts from a lot of hospitals like John Hopkins and numerous physicians, around the USA. I do not listen to Faucci and the CDC at times any more is just as bad as Faucci.
There should be just as much concern with the anti vaxxers who don't want to get the vaccine and or refuse to wear a mask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom