Ohanas Opening?

Weather_Lady

No official word.

There's been speculation that 'Ohana will reopen with the rest of the resort in July, which would make sense in terms of timing, but would also mean a truncated ADR window at this point, and there's been no indication of CMs getting trained... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As the other resort dining locations reopened there were some pretty drastic menu and experience changes (Like Cape May, Chef Mickey's) so I wouldn't be surprised that occurring there as well. O'Hana was the catchphrase of the former resort overlay which was displaced by Moana so a name change is also not out of the question either.

Go inside, bang the drum, and find out.

FutureCEO

I hope they open by August. It will be my first time going there. I've had the bread pudding twice though. Once at the 'Irish' bar and once at Kona's.

TrojanUSC

As the other resort dining locations reopened there were some pretty drastic menu and experience changes (Like Cape May, Chef Mickey's) so I wouldn't be surprised that occurring there as well. O'Hana was the catchphrase of the former resort overlay which was displaced by Moana so a name change is also not out of the question either.

Go inside, bang the drum, and find out.

Those changes were to remove buffets in lieu of family style options. 'Ohana is already family style. My expectation is they have new protocols regarding the skewers not being served to multiple tables. So perhaps you get another skillet with the meats, etc.

That said, I do think the menu had gotten a tiny bit stale. They used to refresh it from time to time, including changing up the meats (I remember they had grilled turkey for a while that was fantastic). Would be nice if they did a little something to zhuzh it up, while still keeping it mostly the same.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Those changes were to remove buffets in lieu of family style options. 'Ohana is already family style. My expectation is they have new protocols regarding the skewers not being served to multiple tables. So perhaps you get another skillet with the meats, etc.

If the Cape May changes are any indicators, I'd expect a basic bland menu and upcharges for anything else. I also expect Stitch and Lilo characters not to be present at all.

TrojanUSC

If the Cape May changes are any indicators, I'd expect a basic bland menu and upcharges for anything else. I also expect Stitch and Lilo characters not to be present at all.

You might be right about Stich & Co. The breakfast food there always seemed bland and uninspired to me. Other than the pineapple sticky bread it was just all you can eat food court food (eggs, standard sausage, biscuits).

donaldfan

I have had terrible luck getting reservations for dinner, has anyone had any luck and what did you do? I’m using the mobile app and refreshing right at 6AM (like getting a BG for ROTR) and no dinner reservations available at all …

nickys

Premium Member
I have had terrible luck getting reservations for dinner, has anyone had any luck and what did you do? I’m using the mobile app and refreshing right at 6AM (like getting a BG for ROTR) and no dinner reservations available at all …
1. Are you trying for “dinner” or specific times?

There have been a lot of reports this year that the generic “breakfast”, “lunch” and “dinner” aren’t returning anything. Putting in a specific time should return times an hour either side.

2. Try the website too.

The4mousekeeters

I would also suggest using times instead of “dinner” - I didn’t get anything with the generic dinner title but did get something with a specific time request. Also, the dining reservation finder tool on touringplans.com may be helpful as well, I’ve used it successfully quite a few times throughout the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom