NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

3 series now are 1-1. Florida is in some trouble with tampa now. Last night is how tampa won the cup last year. Just sniffling shut down defense with ridiculous goaltending and smart offense.

LSLS

Isles will need to really step up to beat tampa. You can't get outplayed like they were against Boston 2 or 3 games and expect vasi to give up goals like rask. Now, they can (though no Lee is way bigger than people mention), but how they played against Boston won't get it done against tampa.

artvandelay

Isles will need to really step up to beat tampa. You can't get outplayed like they were against Boston 2 or 3 games and expect vasi to give up goals like rask. Now, they can (though no Lee is way bigger than people mention), but how they played against Boston won't get it done against tampa.
Tampa is great on the power play, but can also score 5 on 5. It’s going to be very difficult for the Islanders

LSLS

Tampa is great on the power play, but can also score 5 on 5. It’s going to be very difficult for the Islanders
Never underestimate the power of am elite-coached team though. I'm happy the isles won because if tampa loses, I'm fine with the isles getting that chance (hope they send a cup finals shirt to tavares), but I think the isles were a much harder match-up for tampa. They are still favored, but with what the bruins looked like, tampa may have swept them.

LSLS

So when people ask why I'm excited to lose nbc, beyond the real hatred of the southern market (especially tampa), these semi finals are why. There is one NBC game among both series. And that is this Sunday, at 3:00. The Rays also have a home game in the afternoon. Just stupid.

LSLS

Hard to see this as anything but spite towards the NHL. Viewership metrics gonna crater.
Eh you think that changes much? I can't imagine most people would rather watch through an nbc app than on cable if they had the option. I know when I've watched on the app before, it's like 2 minutes behind live time. If I had both peacock and USA network, no chance I'd watch through peacock streaming. This just seems like a way to get the people who are illegally streaming it.

LSLS

Lightning/Isles game 2 I think can officially be labeled the worst reffed game I've ever seen. I hesitate to call the point penalty the worst call ever (everyone seems to forget tampa had the exact same call against like 2 weeks ago) but it was up there. Then I have no idea how you miss the too many men on the palat goal. And those are just 2 of the most blatant. The entire game was a train wreck, to the point I nearly turned the game off in the 2nd. I was completely disinterested.

Love Ft Wilderness

Lightning/Isles game 2 I think can officially be labeled the worst reffed game I've ever seen. I hesitate to call the point penalty the worst call ever (everyone seems to forget tampa had the exact same call against like 2 weeks ago) but it was up there. Then I have no idea how you miss the too many men on the palat goal. And those are just 2 of the most blatant. The entire game was a train wreck, to the point I nearly turned the game off in the 2nd. I was completely disinterested.
Officiating has been bad this year as a whole. I hope during the off-season something gets reviewed and better rules put in place.

However, I enjoyed seeing the Lightning play a better game. Kuch's play has been outstanding.

LSLS

Officiating has been bad this year as a whole. I hope during the off-season something gets reviewed and better rules put in place.

However, I enjoyed seeing the Lightning play a better game. Kuch's play has been outstanding.
It's been bad, but not as bad as these playoffs have been. And like last night was not some new rookie ref still learning, these are vets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom