Ideally:
Wine/dine - virtual only
Marathon - limited in-person + virtual
Princess - limited in-person + virtual
New theme weekend - limited in-person + virtual

OR (most likely):
Wine/dine, marathon, princess - all virtual only
New April Star Wars replacement theme - full on in-person + virtual

Covid numbers are still too high right now and with no international travel (yet). I just don't see Disney doing an in-person race anytime soon and I don't think Disney will announce anything regarding in-person running until they're certain. I'm sure they don't want to go through and refund everyone again
I agree with these predictions we should really think about this hybrid model being the way of the future. The virtual runs (in my opinion) are a good thing to offer depending on how they handle them (slightly different themes, merch, etc). They obviously won’t compare or replace live events but they are a good stepping stone into the world of runDisney, running, and racing as a whole.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Predictions:

Ideally:
Wine/dine - virtual only
Marathon - limited in-person + virtual
Princess - limited in-person + virtual
New theme weekend - limited in-person + virtual

OR (most likely):
Wine/dine, marathon, princess - all virtual only
New April Star Wars replacement theme - full on in-person + virtual

Covid numbers are still too high right now and with no international travel (yet). I just don't see Disney doing an in-person race anytime soon and I don't think Disney will announce anything regarding in-person running until they're certain. I'm sure they don't want to go through and refund everyone again

I dunno. The governor today issued an order that all emergency orders will terminate July 1st...that includes any local mandates.

We'll shall see.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
As mask mandates are dropping like flies for those fully vaccinated, I'm cautiously optimistic we will see an on-property W&D this November.

Unlikely. However I will gladly eat that crow.

I’m leaning with @Texas84 on this. Unless runDisney has been working on this possibility quietly in the background, I think the timeline will be a bit tight to put everything in place for a race of magnitude in November. I volunteer with the company that puts on all the major race events in my area, and the largest in terms of numbers is probably only about a third of the size of a Disney race. I‘ve been speaking with different people in that company about the extra organizing that has had to be done in today’s context and one of the big issues has been availability/delivery of necessary supplies (like bib pins).

I think they’ll go with an announcement for first on-site race being marathon weekend.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
As mask mandates are dropping like flies for those fully vaccinated, I'm cautiously optimistic we will see an on-property W&D this November.
too soon. Marathon weekend....MAYBE but the ship has sailed for Wine/Dine weekend espeically with the 50th happening. That's just my $.02.

Rose&Crown

I agree I don’t have much faith but did just see NYC is having theirs so that might be a good sign. Disney might just hold off due to staffing.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I agree I don’t have much faith but did just see NYC is having theirs so that might be a good sign. Disney might just hold off due to staffing.
I agree in not holding out faith for W&D, if they do have it I would believe it would be limited and virtual. Most Fall races that are going live in person, have limited the number of racers while also offering virtual.

Here is a website that lists upcoming Half Marathon races: Half Marathon Calendar

Edit: I just got an email for Registration opening next for a September race that I've run multiple times before.

Last edited:

Rteetz

NYC just announced today the marathon will be 33,000 people. I will be one of them and couldn't be more excited. runDisney isn't remotely that size and could pull it off this fall if they wanted but the want is the key part. I think the CDC changes were a big move for them.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
NYC just announced today the marathon will be 33,000 people. I will be one of them and couldn't be more excited. runDisney isn't remotely that size and could pull it off this fall if they wanted but the want is the key part. I think the CDC changes were a big move for them.

Agree. Even if it's only one race - a night half would be fantastic - they can do it.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Congrats on getting a spot in NYC!!!

There have been a couple cities who have moved their Spring Races to Fall, adding to the already crowded Fall calendar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom