5. @Pi on my Cake
6. @spacemt354
7. @D Hulk
8. @AceAstro
9. @tcool123
10. @invadersam
11. @Magic Feather
12. @JokersWild
Season 16 saw a slightly new format. While the game mainly adopted the point-based ranking system seen in Season 1-4, it also introduced tiers to the project requirements. Each player could choose to write as an Innovator or a Purist, centered around modern, more out of the box, and classic, more easily digestible requirements respectively.

After a pretty uneventful season, @Disney Dad 3000 rose to the top to claim his title as champion of Season 16.

I honestly forgot I participated in any SYWTBAI seasons but this jogged back my memories! Loved the video game I made with the help of @Pi on my Cake amongst others that I can’t recall right now 😅

Also really loved my Star Wars ride!

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 557436
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 16

Season 16 - Purists vs. Innovators
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki
(Winter 2018)

1. @Disney Dad 3000
2. @pixie_princess
3. @DisneyManOne
4. @kmbmw777
5. @Pi on my Cake
6. @spacemt354
7. @D Hulk
8. @AceAstro
9. @tcool123
10. @invadersam
11. @Magic Feather
12. @JokersWild
Season 16 saw a slightly new format. While the game mainly adopted the point-based ranking system seen in Season 1-4, it also introduced tiers to the project requirements. Each player could choose to write as an Innovator or a Purist, centered around modern, more out of the box, and classic, more easily digestible requirements respectively.

After a pretty uneventful season, @Disney Dad 3000 rose to the top to claim his title as champion of Season 16.

This was a great season! I really liked the prompt options that is something that was brand-new at the time and now has become a staple of the game in a way. I also remember for the playoffs there were seeds and just like March Madness which was going on around the same time @pix the 8th seed beat me the 1 seed in the playoffs!

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 557451
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 17

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 17 - The International Edition
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and @AceAstro

(Summer 2018)
1. @spacemt354
2. @Basketbuddy101
3. @FireMountain
4. @DisneyManOne
5. @Snoopy
6. @Pi on my Cake
7. @D Hulk
8. @Magic Feather
9. @mickeyfan5534
10. @DSquared
11. @DisneyFan18
Focused around a very original and never used theme, International Parks, Season 18 was another low key season. Featuring the smallest cast of the WDWM seasons, and serving as the last season that asked for applications with sign-ups, players were split into two teams - Team China and Team Tokyo (though this would change back to individual projects after Project 3.) Honestly, not much seems to have happened this season. The normal format was back for the first two projects. The tier concept was refined a bit, and played out similarly to how it will this season. It was a quiet season, but it was moderately successful.

In the end, @spacemt354 won the season and our hearts.

Not much happened?:eek:

The first few rounds were a bit uneventful, but it was the first and possible last time in SYWTBAI history that @Basketbuddy101 faced off in a solo competition against yours truly! I was so nervous for the finale I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for 3 days. Luckily it was the summer and I had off. It's why I'm so enamored by @Tegan pilots a chicken and her lack of sleep because I know the feeling.

The odds were in my favor and I can always say I won SYWTBAI - which I'm very proud of for whatever it's worth

And Nara Dreamleand was probably my most labor intensive project which ended up winning the season which I'm also proud of

spacemt354

Chili's
1854998373566485332.webp

I tried to replicate the old Disneyland concept art style with the yellow pavements and hot air balloon

crop.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom