News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I'll finally be back in Disney in a little over a month... last time I was there was the opening week of this ride! I liked it better when I could just wake up super early to ensure I got on, but hopefully the force will be with me (and my iPhone).

I've been practicing a bit from home this week, and one thing I'm considering is calling Disney to remove the people from my Family & Friends list that won't be on this trip with me. One of them will never go to Disney again, but the other two are my sister and her son which I would want to add back afterwards. Can anyone share how much trouble it is to get people removed... and is it a pain to add some back afterwards?

disneygeek90

I'll finally be back in Disney in a little over a month... last time I was there was the opening week of this ride! I liked it better when I could just wake up super early to ensure I got on, but hopefully the force will be with me (and my iPhone).

I've been practicing a bit from home this week, and one thing I'm considering is calling Disney to remove the people from my Family & Friends list that won't be on this trip with me. One of them will never go to Disney again, but the other two are my sister and her son which I would want to add back afterwards. Can anyone share how much trouble it is to get people removed... and is it a pain to add some back afterwards?
You shouldn't have to call Disney to remove people. If they have their own accounts you would just re-send a request. How many are on your list in total? I have around 10 that I keep with no issues.

You shouldn't have to call Disney to remove people. If they have their own accounts you would just re-send a request. How many are on your list in total? I have around 10 that I keep with no issues.
I had more then I thought... 13, and 5 of them were people I planned for and took on a trip many years ago that all swear they will never go again (and I would never go with them again anyway!). I kept getting a message "Because xxx has active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time". I inactivated their old magic bands, but it didn't help... I still couldn't remove them. Happy to report I DID find a painful way to finally get rid of them myself. I created MDE accounts for each them using "dummy" emails, then shared my plans which each of them and voila! It let me remove them one by one... I can't take credit for this technique, found it on another website!

As for my sister and nephew, if it's easy to add them back I may end up removing them as well. It's just annoying how they show up in the middle of my friends and family, so it costs me precious seconds when going for a boarding group. Without them now I can just hit select all and go for it... I'll take every advantage I can get!!!

Thanks for your input! :)

DCBaker

Premium Member
As for my sister and nephew, if it's easy to add them back I may end up removing them as well. It's just annoying how they show up in the middle of my friends and family, so it costs me precious seconds when going for a boarding group. Without them now I can just hit select all and go for it... I'll take every advantage I can get!!!

In case you already didn't know, as long as everyones has a valid ticket and park passes for the day you are there, you and your guests will automatically be selected during the boarding group selection process and you'll only need to hit the Join button - if you are just practicing, it won't help you to select anyone else.

disneygeek90

I had more then I thought... 13, and 5 of them were people I planned for and took on a trip many years ago that all swear they will never go again (and I would never go with them again anyway!). I kept getting a message "Because xxx has active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time". I inactivated their old magic bands, but it didn't help... I still couldn't remove them. Happy to report I DID find a painful way to finally get rid of them myself. I created MDE accounts for each them using "dummy" emails, then shared my plans which each of them and voila! It let me remove them one by one... I can't take credit for this technique, found it on another website!

Thanks for your input! :)
Doesn't sound like you're aware, but you don't have to manually select your party members anymore. It will automatically add anyone on your Family & Friends list with a park reservation that day. It's the main reason why the groups go so quick now.

Edit: @DCBaker beat me :p

In case you already didn't know, as long as everyones has a valid ticket and park passes for the day you are there, you and your guests will automatically be selected during the boarding group selection process and you'll only need to hit the Join button - if you are just practicing, it won't help you to select anyone else.
Oh wow... that is GREAT to know! Guess I will just leave my sister and nephew alone since they do not have park passes with us for that day (but everyone else does). Still happy to finally have the dead weight off my family & friends list... thanks a bunch!

Doesn't sound like you're aware, but you don't have to manually select your party members anymore. It will automatically add anyone on your Family & Friends list with a park reservation that day. It's the main reason why the groups go so quick now.

Edit: @DCBaker beat me :p
You guys are pro's... thanks! :)

I still remember my family being so amazed I knew how to get us on this ride when it first opened. It was all thanks to this message board thread.

hopemax

Today was our day and we failed. My Dad watched how fast I did it and when he saw we didn't get one, he said he will never be able to ride this ride, and he lives here. He just can't move that fast. I'll try at 1, but there was a pause in loading my F&F list (just names of people traveling) and that seemed to be too much time.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Today was our day and we failed. My Dad watched how fast I did it and when he saw we didn't get one, he said he will never be able to ride this ride, and he lives here. He just can't move that fast. I'll try at 1, but there was a pause in loading my F&F list (just names of people traveling) and that seemed to be too much time.

I'm so sorry - usually the 1pm window is open a little longer. If you have another device that can load time.gov to see the seconds tick by, have that up and try to hit Join right as it hits 1pm. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom