News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Outdoor masks can be gone by tomorrow for all I care, but would love by Memorial Day (our trip is after). I don't care if the extra masks I bought go to waste or not ;)
I wouldn’t care about the masks if I didnt order custom masks that match our designated theme park shirts at $10 a mask. But we’ll take pics with em on at least, for fun

Jlwise2021

Gotcha, but if they change it due to the CDC saying vaccinate peeps don't need masks... Well if your kid is 10 we know it isn't vaccinated.
What’s interesting is how different these mandates were from state to state— under 10 in Arkansas never had to wear a mask. I’m ready for no more masks for anyone while outside. I think we can all agree that is a logical step and quite safe really. I’m fine wearing them indoors anywhere that requires me to do so.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually out last trip was September 2019, and Christmas 2021 was always our plan for our next trip. Still waiting to see how things progress over the next few months before I decide to go or postpone until 2022.

I meant “for the 50th”...that was kinda a sham to drive prices from the start...it’s been talked about in these circles for at least 5 years...and the “reward” was gonna be long overdue, slow built rides and some new sparkles on the castles.

they just don’t know how to throw a party anymore...but they do know how to put bait in the trap.

correcaminos

I wouldn’t care about the masks if I didnt order custom masks that match our designated theme park shirts at $10 a mask. But we’ll take pics with em on at least, for fun
Wow, you go all out! Our masks are disposable types. Some left over from our Frozen production at school.

I think the big question is that the CDC guidelines only are for vaccinated individuals. Well, then everyone 2-15 needs to wear a mask at Disney... But they won't do that... Sounds like this may take a few weeks to sort out the deets. I think they're straddle this by maintaining indoor masks and saying "cdc shows outside is low risk"
I could see this easily happening.
I can’t wait to burn my masks. I hate them more than I hate kale.
I do like mine in the winter..... my kid said today he hopes they'll be gone in school next hear though.
I just don’t see this as too complicated. Disney should drop the mask mandate outside for EVERYONE, and they can “encourage” it for unvaccinated. Many professionals in the field have already stated how very LOW the risk of spread is outdoors. Then, Disney can hold on to the indoor mask requirements for a bit longer. It’s time for masks to be a choice especially outside. My two kids, 8 and 11, won’t be vaccinated, but my mom and I are fully vaccinated. I feel plenty comfortable with them being unmasked outside even around those who may not be vaccinated and unmasked. ☺️
Agreed. My kid will have about 85% immunity before we go. So I'm less worried about him now. But outdoors was never an issue for us.
I don’t know a single parent, who would continue masking their child as they themselves walk around mask-less.
Now you do. After my friend died the vaccinated adults (me included) did not mask for a tiny private luncheon. My child masked when not eating. He also did outdoors when I did not doing a socially distant gathering. My kid understands I am fully vaccinated and he is not.

ifan

I'm fine with planning and a medium amount of bureaucracy to ensure checks and balances. I do think, however, that this reaction to the CDC announcement could have been planned for in advance as it was inevitable. (I'm assuming per previous posters that this will take Disney weeks to implement)

For example, the weeks of meetings and creations of new signs could have been done weeks ago and when the go-ahead was received, then it would be as simple as updating all the physical signs.

I do think that this will be expedited as Disney wants the increased attendance and money badly right now. Win/win for everyone.

acup313

I think one key thing to factor in is that some people are at the parks right now with the expectation that masks were going to be required for their whole trip and they want it that way. These people will be very upset if the rule was changed mid-trip. I think Disney will give a little lead time before making changes.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Wow, you go all out! Our masks are disposable types. Some left over from our Frozen production at school.
Oh yea! This is actually the first time I decided To go full out. There’s 5 of us total.

MAGIC KINGDOM—
Me: Frontierland/Splash Mountain logo shirt, Big Al mask
Fiancée: Adventureland/Jungle Cruise logo shirt, “Back side of water” mask
Friend 1: Tomorrowland/Space Mountain logo shirt, retro space mountain mask
Friend 2: Fantasylans/castle logo shirt, Peter pans flight mask
Friend 3: Liberty Square/haunted mansion logo shirt, colorful haunted mansion mask

EPCOT—
Me: Wonders of life logo shirt, “where do you think you are, disney world?” General Knowledge mask, also custom 3D printed WOL symbol/Buzzy ears
Fiancée: The Land logo shirt, carpet wall pattern mask
Friend 1: Imagination logo, figment mask
Friend 2: World of motion logo, retro test track logo mask
Friend 3: living seas logo, living seas logo mask.

HS—
All matching Star Wars shirts. “Pew pew pew pew” Star Wars masks.

AK—
All of us are wearing khaki pants, shirts with the Dino institute logo on the top left of the shirts, and Dino institute logo masks.

correcaminos

Oh yea! This is actually the first time I decided To go full out. There’s 5 of us total.

MAGIC KINGDOM—
Friend 3: Liberty Square/haunted mansion logo shirt, colorful haunted mansion mask

EPCOT—
Me: Wonders of life logo shirt, “where do you think you are, disney world?” General Knowledge mask, also custom 3D printed WOL symbol/Buzzy ears

HS—

AK—
All of us are wearing khaki pants, shirts with the Dino institute logo on the top left of the shirts, and Dino institute logo masks.
I'll be lucky to have a red shirt on June 5th at MK - I totally suck at planning lol

You will likely have awesome pics!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm fine with planning and a medium amount of bureaucracy to ensure checks and balances. I do think, however, that this reaction to the CDC announcement could have been planned for in advance as it was inevitable. (I'm assuming per previous posters that this will take Disney weeks to implement)

For example, the weeks of meetings and creations of new signs could have been done weeks ago and when the go-ahead was received, then it would be as simple as updating all the physical signs.

I do think that this will be expedited as Disney wants the increased attendance and money badly right now. Win/win for everyone.

I don’t think they’re in a rush. Their labor and lodging situation is “fluid”

so are ticket sales...

and I gotta ask: why would they want only the influx of people who are focusing on masks.

other than a certain sect of “hyper-hyperchondriacs”...we ALL hate the masks. But there’s an appeal to the psychology of those that follow the rules...or are willing to go “the extra effort” and accept Disney for what they offer now...
Or best case scenario: both.

MouseMelly

MAGIC KINGDOM—

EPCOT—

HS—

AK—
That is serious dedication! Well done

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
FB_IMG_1620962958329.jpg

disneygeek90

It's obvious masks are going soon, but it's still interesting that it seems like they're going to lump everyone as "fully vaccinated" when this is our current data and we have the CDC still recommending masks for kids under 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom