Parking Trams

Dave B

Original Poster
With the social distancing guidlines down to 3 ft and the parking switching to filling every space, any word on the Trams coming back in the parking lots? I know it was just announced.

buckeyegator

well, with less staff needed to tell people to stand apart, and no one needed to take your temperature there should be plenty of staff available,imo.

Gillyanne

I know some were reallocated. Co-worker's sister was a Tram Operator at HS and was reallocated to DS parking. When the topic of trams came up last time (a few weeks ago) Co-worker said "My sister said no trams any time soon". Not sure if the 3' will change that, she's gonna ask

nickys

Premium Member
Do not worry, there will still be a poster telling you it was never about staffing.
The proof is glaring now.
I don’t think the proof is glaring.

Changing distancing to 3 ft makes it much easier to run the trams, both on the trams and in the lines. But they also need staff to do so. Both were likely a factor IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
So you think that the Jungle Cruise Boats and other attractions, transportation and venues were at less risk than the open air trams operating at a reduced capacity?
I think long snaking queues in the parking lots are riskier. At 6ft spacing the marked queues would only hold a handful of groups before the overspill then snaked back into the actual parking area. And tensions would rise inexorably amongst those waiting, even more so than usual.

celluloid

I think long snaking queues in the parking lots are riskier. At 6ft spacing the marked queues would only hold a handful of groups before the overspill then snaked back into the actual parking area. And tensions would rise inexorably amongst those waiting, even more so than usual.

You think an outdoor queue of masked people mostly doing the right thing is riskier to spread than indoor or covered ride vehicles loading every row.

Also, the parks with reduced capacity were not that crowded to where they could not run trams. Even if they were at a reduced capacity there is plenty of room in the world's largest surface lot to have created a queue safe and seperate from the moving vehicle areas. If your concerns of peoppe vejng quasi clpse in open air were accurate to the reason than the Ferry Boats or Monorails would be bypassed with the trams actyally used straight to the magic Kingdom.(it has been done before out of necessity.

For the other parks there is also no TTC excuse. The Skyliner has a pretty efficient rate of dumping people.

The difference is the cost including CP staffing.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
You think an outdoor queue of masked people mostly doing the right thing is riskier to spread than indoor or covered ride vehicles loading every row.

Also, the parks with reduced capacity were not that crowded to where they could not run trams. Even if they were at a reduced capacity there is plenty of room in the world's largest surface lot to have created a queue safe and seperate from the moving vehucle areas. If your concerns of peoppe vejng quasi clpse in open air were accurate to the reason than the Ferry Boats or Monorails would be bypassed with the trams actyally used straight to the magic Kingdom.(it has been done before out of necessity.

For the other parks there is also no TTC excuse. The Skyliner has a pretty efficient rate of dumping people.

The difference is the cost including CP staffing.
No, I was not talking about the virus risk of people queueing outside. I was specifically talking about risk averse TDO and queues for the trams that spread throughout a parking lot. With the 6ft distancing the line would extend into the areas where cars and the actual trams would be driving through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom