News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I like The shortened version better than the original. I only wish we could have swapped the slow dance number with tumble monkeys. Other than that, good riddance stupid animal noises. I embrace the new show! I hope It sticks around for a long time.

ifan

Seems quite similar. Same choreography and songs, I believe. Cut out some of the audience interaction, no tumble monkeys, and didn’t use the aerial trapeze? Did I miss anything else? Outside of the audience interaction changes, most of these seem due to cutting the budget, not enhancing safety. Still quite enjoyable :)

jrhwdw

Ok so no preshow audience participation (obviously), no flying, and no tumble monkeys. Other than that, still amazing.
That was Lion Sleeps Tonight Correct? I held my breath when Simba said Finale before Lion Sleeps Tonight! You can tell IDK FOTLK!!! LOL!!!

jrhwdw

Seems quite similar. Same choreography and songs, I believe. Cut out some of the audience interaction, no tumble monkeys, and didn’t use the aerial trapeze? Did I miss anything else? Outside of the audience interaction changes, most of these seem due to cutting the budget, not enhancing safety. Still quite enjoyable :)
Heard on Stream that the flying was COVID Related since they need to hold hands. Were there less dancers? Or was it me?

mm52200

No all safety. Disney is still insisting on distancing between maskless performers, therefore you can’t do tumble monkeys, or aerial routine with the birds. Only cast missing was tumble monkeys and one couple of movers to allow for more spacing.

Giss Neric

That was Lion Sleeps Tonight Correct? I held my breath when Simba said Finale before Lion Sleeps Tonight! You can tell IDK FOTLK!!! LOL!!!
Usually they get individuals from the audience to make animal noises. They did have audience participation like section clapping and swaying of hands during one of the songs though.

I think they did compensate with the singing though cause they were extra amazing today.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No all safety. Disney is still insisting on distancing between maskless performers, therefore you can’t do tumble monkeys, or aerial routine with the birds. Only cast missing was tumble monkeys and one couple of movers to allow for more spacing.
I mean... you can still do the jumping and swinging. It just has to be adjusted. Much like how they adjusted the aerial dancing to just a ballet

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Stage shows are back at Walt Disney World with the opening of 'A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King'​

Festival-of-the-Lion-King_Full_41921.jpg

jrhwdw

I mean... you can still do the jumping and swinging. It just has to be adjusted. Much like how they adjusted the aerial dancing to just a ballet
Granted it was years ago but didn't FOTLK do the same thing when Tarzan Rocks had their flying problems? Did the monkeys change at all for that?

peter11435

most of these seem due to cutting the budget, not enhancing safety. Still quite enjoyable :)
all safety. The only performers missing besides the two dancers are the monkeys so that’s the only change that could even be remotely considered budget related. And it’s not, their routine requires too much close proximity.

the audience participation has been altered to having them clap or wave their hands to avoid having them yell animal sounds

peter11435

Granted it was years ago but didn't FOTLK do the same thing when Tarzan Rocks had their flying problems? Did the monkeys change at all for that?
The birds at folk have always used a ground based dance routine anytime the flying system could not be used. It was obviously modified further here to keep the two distant throughout. The monkeys don’t use the fly system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom