So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

MANEATINGWREATH

I'm reading comedy tonight and wow, I don't think I ever seen reviews that negative EVER on the imagineering forum. I didnt really read either play too much, but both plots aren't too great so I get it but wow haha. Also the overuse of the word epic brings back memories of the early 2010s haha, everything really did have to be epic back then for no reason. It's part of why I don't like the epic universe name.

Whenever I revisit my writings or thoughts from over a decade ago (heck, even three years ago), I cringe so hard. The difference in my tone and opinions between then and now is crazy to see. Comedy Tonight was literally the project where the energy went from worse to chaotic, and was the tipping point in regard to possibly having to cancel Season 8. So many of the projects that season were just 100% incredible, and this one for whatever reason did not go well, and had less than favorable feedback, not just from KingMickey and myself, but also from eliminated contestants, and that is where the true chaos came from IMO.

And don't even get me started on how cringe my use of "epic" was back then. ;) I'm a changed carnivorous holiday decoration, I swear.

So many things stick out to me in my memory from Season 8 that just haven't happened on an Imagineering forum again, and honestly, rightfully so.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Was going over the some old files and remembered that the SAVII finale wasn't the first time I wedged FNAF into Sorcerer's Apprentice lol

In the SAVI comics the box we kept the artifacts we recovered in was modelled after the infamous box from FNAF 4!

6 Items - After Stanza X.png
1620342512793.png

JokersWild

Original Poster
I'm reading comedy tonight and wow, I don't think I ever seen reviews that negative EVER on the imagineering forum. I didnt really read either play too much, but both plots aren't too great so I get it but wow haha. Also the overuse of the word epic brings back memories of the early 2010s haha, everything really did have to be epic back then for no reason. It's part of why I don't like the epic universe name.
It was 2010, haha. Epic was the big word for the season until we all started fighting. I’m pretty sure it became an in-joke for a few years after.

Really glad that these historical retrospectives are pushing some discussion. These are seasons I haven’t thought about in like a decade, so it’s cool to have people see them again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom