So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Shannoninthemagic

Boulderdash is one of my favorite wooden coasters. Their other coasters, in the other hand....
My favorite wooden coaster is the Comet at Hershey Park. I get scared off Easily. For Boulderdash, Lake Compounce puts the stats on a sign and when I read it, it freaks me the frick out and then I chicken out. I never rode any of the woodens at Six Flags new england cause it looked like they weren't mantaining them, then I proceeded to have a panic attack on the harry houdeni ride ( the sign made it seem like it was gonna be like HM)

JokersWild

Original Poster
My favorite wooden coaster is the Comet at Hershey Park. I get scared off Easily. For Boulderdash, Lake Compounce puts the stats on a sign and when I read it, it freaks me the frick out and then I chicken out. I never rode any of the woodens at Six Flags new england cause it looked like they weren't mantaining them, then I proceeded to have a panic attack on the harry houdeni ride ( the sign made it seem like it was gonna be like HM)
That’s fair. The Comet is really great as well. The woodies at Six Flags New England are great and you should definitely give at least Thunderbolt a shot. It’s probably about as extreme as The Comet.

JokersWild

Original Poster
Pixar Rankings.png

So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective: Seasons 6-7

Season 6
Hosted by TheOriginalTiki, and MANEATINGWREATH

1. PL7764
2. HereWeGo
3. OSU Phantom
4. MaterA113
5. BigDisneyFan
6. Disneylover4ever
7. Disneyland DHI
8. KingMickey
9. Romanarms
10. Evams123
11. TrevorA
12. ngman
13. JPhelps
Season 6 introduced the "modern" format of the game, featuring teams, Project Managers (at the time called Team Leaders,) PoMVP, and a few other hallmarks still featured in the most recent seasons. Players were separated into two teams of six - Team Yensid and Team Ansem. Despite a small learning curve with players having to get used to the season-spanning team-based gameplay, Season 6 proved to be one of the strongest seasons of the original VisionsFantastic seasons.

The biggest moment of the season is a group known as the "Yensid Three." After losing the first three projects of the season, the remaining three players of Team Yensid, PL7764, HereWeGo, and OSU Phantom were able to rally and in the end became the Season 6's final three. In the end, PL7764 was victorious, and essentially disappeared from the community completely following his win.

Unfortunately, Season 6 is one of the seasons where all of its content is lost.

-----------------------------

Season 7 - Fans vs. Favorites
(Spring 2010)

1. KingMickey
2. MaterA113
3. Adv.BlueDude (@JokersWild)
4. TrevorA
5. JessieStudio
6. Monkey4057 (@monkey92514)
7. DisneySea Fan
8. Hack2112
9. MouseketeerCole
10. Disneylover4ever
11. Disneyman88
12. @Twilight_Roxas
13. JPhelps
14. Alyx92
15. @mickeyfan5534
The first theme season, Season 7 pitted the Favorites from past seasons against the Fans, a group of brand new or unknown players, for what turned out to be an incredibly interesting, albeit mostly lowkey, season. Season 7 was the first season for a number of SYWTBAI and WDWM community mainstays such as @mickeyfan5534, @monkey92514, @Twilight_Roxas, and, of course, myself. Season 7 also introduced the "Blue Sky Project" - a project in which teams are allowed to do anything they want with no restrictions.

Season 7 was the first season that we saw (unconfirmed) strategy. Though they deny it, Tiki to this day claims that KingMickey, MaterA113, and TrevorA banded together to form "The Treacherous Trio," a loose voting alliance which took them all the way to semifinals. Season 7 is also famous for being the first of my (apparently now broken) curse being being eliminated just before finals.

In the end, KingMickey took the crown, winning Season 7 with a really stellar dark ride that I wish still existed.

Almanac
Tiki's Commentary for Season 7

Seasons 6 and 7 introduced most of the gameplay elements that would stay with the game to this day. Though both seasons were pretty lowkey, they were just the calm before the storms that were Seasons 8 and 9. Stay tuned for Season 8's retrospective, coming tomorrow.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Just want to throw in some fun facts about season seven player ImagineerCole. As I said earlier, Cole was actually working as an intern for Imagineering when he was playing the game. To this day he's easily the biggest real-life Imagineer who's ever played the game. In spite of being both really innovative with his concepts and really grounded with how to execute them, Cole rubbed his team-mates the wrong way and many including @KingMickey felt him to be overbearing. This was a classic early example of how big a role group dynamics play in the team-based gameplay. Eventually Cole was eliminated in the last round before the merge, about halfway through the season. His team had produced a really great dinosaur themed boat ride, but Cole micromanaged the project so much that the rest of his team...KingMickey, TrevorA, and Mater out-numbered him to vote him out. While I really don't think "alliance" was on their minds persay, I definitely thing this singular event is the first time a voting block was used to take out a player who could have easily made the end-game based on the merits. This is harder to do nowadays with the system in place of judges deciding the elimination based on the two nominees, but if I remember back then it was basically a free-for-all as far as voting goes.

In the end the game ended up being a footnote for Cole's career that I'm sure he barely remembers. After he left the game his Imagineering internship took on a major new form when he began shadowing directly under Tony Baxter. I saw the Facebook photos of him and Tony posing together to prove it. As I mentioned yesterday, he also went on to write basically THE literal textbook on theme park design. I've owned this book for about a decade and haven't even scratched the surface on it. The amount of depth he goes into on the subject is honestly staggering.
theme%2Bpark%2Bdesign.jpg

JokersWild

Original Poster
Just want to throw in some fun facts about season seven player ImagineerCole. As I said earlier, Cole was actually working as an intern for Imagineering when he was playing the game. To this day he's easily the biggest real-life Imagineer who's ever played the game. In spite of being both really innovative with his concepts and really grounded with how to execute them, Cole rubbed his team-mates the wrong way and many including @KingMickey felt him to be overbearing. This was a classic early example of how big a role group dynamics play in the team-based gameplay. Eventually Cole was eliminated in the last round before the merge, about halfway through the season. His team had produced a really great dinosaur themed boat ride, but Cole micromanaged the project so much that the rest of his team...KingMickey, TrevorA, and Mater out-numbered him to vote him out. While I really don't think "alliance" was on their minds persay, I definitely thing this singular event is the first time a voting block was used to take out a player who could have easily made the end-game based on the merits. This is harder to do nowadays with the system in place of judges deciding the elimination based on the two nominees, but if I remember back then it was basically a free-for-all as far as voting goes.

In the end the game ended up being a footnote for Cole's career that I'm sure he barely remembers. After he left the game his Imagineering internship took on a major new form when he began shadowing directly under Tony Baxter. I saw the Facebook photos of him and Tony posing together to prove it. As I mentioned yesterday, he also went on to write basically THE literal textbook on theme park design. I've owned this book for about a decade and haven't even scratched the surface on it. The amount of depth he goes into on the subject is honestly staggering.
MouseketeerCole also used to run “The Neverland Files,” for those of you who were going on Disney sites 10+ years ago. It was a really great site which outlined a bunch of abandoned attraction concepts. Unfortunately, Cole had to shut it down after he started working at WDI.

TheOriginalTiki

MouseketeerCole also used to run “The Neverland Files,” for those of you who were going on Disney sites 10+ years ago. It was a really great site which outlined a bunch of abandoned attraction concepts. Unfortunately, Cole had to shut it down after he started working at WDI.
I really wish he could have found a way to translate that series into book form. It was a fantastic resource.

Mickeynerd17

Wow! That's incredible! Going to keep fingers crossed but hopefully I can get to where he is in the future. Also some of that felt too similar to my actions in 1986, but meh that's old history now.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Hi.
Never had an alliance.
I just wanted to win Season 7.
And I did.

Ten years later and I just outed myself as the secret Season 7 villain.

You know what is never spoken about in Season 7?? How the Favorites team voted ME out early after one project together. The “alliance” is always referenced, but why would ally myself with a team that voted me out? LOL.

I was sent over to the Fans team and I’m sure the Favorites were banking on my elimination, but the joke was on them because I made sure the Fans team would win that next project. There was no alliances, everyone was my competition. ❤️

#ComingBackWithAVengeance

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Hi.
Never had an alliance.
And I did.

You know what is never spoken about in Season 7?? How the Favorites team voted ME out early after one project together. The “alliance” is always referenced, but why would ally myself with a team that voted me out? LOL.

I was sent over to the Fans team and I’m sure the Favorites were banking on my elimination, but the joke was on them because I made sure the Fans team would win that next project. There was no alliances, everyone was my competition. ❤️

Awesome! That's a really cool move you pulled off.

TheOriginalTiki

Hi.
Never had an alliance.
And I did.

The Fans vs. Favorites theme honestly worked out WAY better than it should have considering just how obscure the actual game was at the time. You're absolutely right, the storyline of that season really is you going over to the Fans team and then absolutely slaying the rest of the favorites. I also love how that season introduced both @JokersWild and @monkey92514. Those two in addition to the Cole storyline really made the Fans pop that season.

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 554834
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective: Seasons 6-7

Season 6

1. PL7764
2. HereWeGo
3. OSU Phantom
4. MaterA113
5. BigDisneyFan
6. Disneylover4ever
7. Disneyland DHI
8. KingMickey
9. Romanarms
10. Evams123
11. TrevorA
12. ngman
13. JPhelps
Season 6 introduced the "modern" format of the game, featuring teams, Project Managers (at the time called Team Leaders,) PoMVP, and a few other hallmarks still featured in the most recent seasons. Players were separated into two teams of six - Team Yensid and Team Ansem. Despite a small learning curve with players having to get used to the season-spanning team-based gameplay, Season 6 proved to be one of the strongest seasons of the original VisionsFantastic seasons.

The biggest moment of the season is a group known as the "Yensid Three." After losing the first three projects of the season, the remaining three players of Team Yensid, PL7764, HereWeGo, and OSU Phantom were able to rally and in the end became the Season 6's final three. In the end, PL7764 was victorious, and essentially disappeared from the community completely following his win.

Unfortunately, Season 6 is one of the seasons where all of its content is lost.

Season 7 - Fans vs. Favorites
(Spring 2010)

1. KingMickey
2. MaterA113
3. Adv.BlueDude (@JokersWild)
4. TrevorA
5. JessieStudio
6. Monkey4057 (@monkey92514)
7. DisneySea Fan
8. Hack2112
9. MouseketeerCole
10. Disneylover4ever
11. Disneyman88
12. @Twilight_Roxas
13. JPhelps
14. Alyx92
15. @mickeyfan5534
The first theme season, Season 7 pitted the Favorites from past seasons against the Fans, a group of brand new or unknown players, for what turned out to be an incredibly interesting, albeit mostly lowkey, season. Season 7 was the first season for a number of SYWTBAI and WDWM community mainstays such as @mickeyfan5534, @monkey92514, @Twilight_Roxas, and, of course, myself. Season 7 also introduced the "Blue Sky Project" - a project in which teams are allowed to do anything they want with no restrictions.

Season 7 was the first season that we saw (unconfirmed) strategy. Though the deny it, Tiki to this day claims that KingMickey, MaterA113, and TrevorA banded together to form "The Treacherous Trio," a loose voting alliance which took them all the way to semifinals. Season 7 is also famous for being the first of my (apparently now broken) curse being being eliminated just before finals.

In the end, KingMickey took the crown, winning Season 7 with a really stellar dark ride that I wish still existed.

Almanac
Tiki's Commentary for Season 7

Seasons 6 and 7 introduced most of the gameplay elements that would stay with the game to this day. Though both seasons were pretty lowkey, they were just the calm before the storms that were Seasons 8 and 9. Stay tuned for Season 8's retrospective, coming tomorrow.
Just to add some of these folks still have accounts here like @KingMickey ! - granted many of the others haven't been on in years but might as well tag them in case they ever return
@hack2112 @TrevorA @romanarms @ValentineMouse (MousketeerCole) @MaterA113

spacemt354

Chili's
I really wish he could have found a way to translate that series into book form. It was a fantastic resource.
There also used to be a thread on this site run by imagineer Eddie Sotto - here's a convo between him and Cole

ThemeParkPriest

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
FastPass died?! :DThat’s the best thing I’ve ever heard!

October it is then. I would greatly appreciate the perspective of folks who’ve been there before and are comfortable there. (Hulk can then return that favor with Anaheim or Japan.)

October gives Hulk much more time to determine if road tripping it is feasible. I’d far prefer that because of the freedom it offers (researching Orlando transportation this morning infuriated me, and then I passed out from food poisoning). Then we could all crash at Pi’s place!!!
Orlando transportation options? More like... Uber or walk

And I'll hopefully be in the cheap af Disney Dorms using their cheap af Disney busses to save up for a new car, so I wouldn't count on me for a room I'm allowed to have guests crash in sadly. But we'll see! I'm not even accepted yet so I can't count on anything haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom