EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210504-160045_Discord.jpg

It seems work on Cali is going on behind the scenes

mickEblu

View attachment 554731
It seems work on Cali is going on behind the scenes

I wouldn’t be shocked if WDWs stuck around. That seems like a compromise that makes sense. Shows their desire to be more “inclusive” which also happens to be in the more liberal California. It also thematically makes more sense at DL. They save some money by keeping WDWs intact, keep a classic attraction alive stateside and don’t have to worry about how it makes no sense in Frontierland. Of course, it doesn’t solve their problem of distancing themselves from SotS but we re also not where we were as a country last June.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I wouldn’t be shocked if WDWs stuck around. That seems like a compromise that makes sense. Shows their desire to be more “inclusive” which also happens to be in the more liberal California. It also thematically makes more sense at DL. They save some money by keeping WDWs intact, keep a classic attraction alive stateside and don’t have to worry about how it makes no sense in Frontierland. Of course, it doesn’t solve their problem of distancing themselves from SotS but we re also not where we were as a country last June.
I will say I went yesterday and while it was in marginally better shape than I remember pre-COVID (with most of the Brer characters functional) there were enough broken animatronics that it was still quite noticeable (particularly during the Laughing Place segment).

Of note I could not find a single broken effect on Small World, HM or Pirates. I really do suspect at DL this replacement may be a case of CapEx approval to address these seemingly unresolvable maintenance issues.

mickEblu

I will say I went yesterday and while it was in marginally better shape than I remember pre-COVID (with most of the Brer characters functional) there were enough broken animatronics that it was still quite noticeable (particularly during the Laughing Place segment).

Of note I could not find a single broken effect on Small World, HM or Pirates. I really do suspect at DL this replacement may be a case of CapEx approval to address these seemingly unresolvable maintenance issues.

It’s just hard to believe that a multi billion company has to go to such great lengths to spend a few bucks to fix something.

Brer Panther

I've said this before, but if the Magic Kingdom's stuck around, it'd be nice if they saved some of the animatronics in Disneyland's that don't have counterparts in the Magic Kingdom's (most of the Laughin' Place critters, the Hitchhiking Alligator, that donkey across from Brer Fox and Brer Bear) and installed them in the Magic Kingdom's.

Rich T

He rules. He spins around. In a rowboat.

I miss him already.
He had the cushiest job in America Sings. He sat in a rocking chair during “My Old Kentucky Home” and spoke one line: “It’s the good life.”

When I first rode Splash during its opening year, I recognized him immediately, and smiled. America Sings was a weird attraction. Impressive, corny and loveable... but weeeeeeirrrrrd...

SuddenStorm

I honestly hate the idea of our Splash going and theirs staying. If it's offensive it needs to go. If it's not- it should stay.

SuddenStorm

I think It would be better than both going away though. Even though I wish it was the other way around.

I've never ridden Walt Disney World's- but their version of the Splash soundtrack just doesn't sit with me. A lot of the new voice work is grating and irritating. I hate the western twang version of the songs.

And it's basically a completely different ride from Disneyland's- which was Disney's take on a traditional log flume, whereas Splash in Florida is more like a Pirates type ride system.

I know you know all of this I just hate that Disneyland's is going away.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I've never ridden Walt Disney World's- but their version of the Splash soundtrack just doesn't sit with me. A lot of the new voice work is grating and irritating. I hate the western twang version of the songs.

And it's basically a completely different ride from Disneyland's- which was Disney's take on a traditional log flume, whereas Splash in Florida is more like a Pirates type ride system.

I know you know all of this I just hate that Disneyland's is going away.
I've only been on Orlando's so that's why I'm fine with California leaving. I do like California's Laughin Place and Zip scenes a little more though. Our Laughin Place is usually 60% broken and I think Zip works better with the music of California. Everything else is topped in Orlando to me though

Professortango1

I've only been on Orlando's so that's why I'm fine with California leaving. I do like California's Laughin Place and Zip scenes a little more though. Our Laughin Place is usually 60% broken and I think Zip works better with the music of California. Everything else is topped in Orlando to me though
California also has Burrow's Lament and the Take Me Along Gator, two of my favourite moments. I also think its weird how WDW overplays the Laughin Place a whole half a scene earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom