New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Animaniac93-98

I was saying it’s just as ugly.

I’m sure some would say that Toy Story would help make Animal Kingdom Lodge “more Disney.”

Oh God, now I'm imagining a scenario where they replace all the living animals with oversized fiberglass versions of the Toy Story characters to cut down on operating costs and say they care about animal rights. 🥴

"Now we can play safari in Andy's backyard!"

wdrive

Oh God, now I'm imagining a scenario where they replace all the living animals with oversized fiberglass versions of the Toy Story characters to cut down on operating costs and say they care about animal rights. 🥴

"Now we can play safari in Andy's backyard!"

I mean it makes about as much sense as Princess and the Frog in Frontierland so I wouldn’t even be surprised to see that at some point

aliceismad

When are they going to realize we want a Pizza Planet near A.S.S.(Alien Swirling Saucers)?
Agreed. But then wouldn't they have to change PizzeRizzo? I mean, I assume re-branding it as some other kind of eatery would be fairly easy, but logically HS doesn't need multiple pizza restaurants.

UNCgolf

Agreed. But then wouldn't they have to change PizzeRizzo? I mean, I assume re-branding it as some other kind of eatery would be fairly easy, but logically HS doesn't need multiple pizza restaurants.

PizzeRizzo used to be Pizza Planet. I'm not sure how long ago because I had a gap of about 10 years between WDW visits, but I remember going in it as Pizza Planet at some point.

They changed it once, they can change it again!

EDIT: Well I guess just about everyone here remembers it being Pizza Planet since they only changed it to PizzeRizzo 5 years ago. I had no idea it was that recent.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

It seems like such a no-brainer, doesn't it?
Yep, it would be an awesome transition from the ride to the restaurant.

an indoor Alien Swirling Saucers would have been a no brainer too...with the restaurant... a giant starfield, lots of special effects... It would have easily become the best ride in the park and would have eclipsed Sci-Fi Dine In Theater for popularity.

Great idea, they could have used projections on the walls too and made it more like the Psychodrome (Canobie Lake Park).

I think it would be alright to have multiple pizza joints. Afterall there's multiple burger and nugget places.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

I get the desire to have a real Pizza Planet, trust me, but how would that work within the story that the land is attempting to tell? We're toys in Andy's backyard, so a Pizza Planet wouldn't make a lot of sense. Of course, they could take the usual lazy route of Andy having a toy version of everything, but I don't think a fake cardboard Pizza Planet is really what people are clamoring for.

doctornick

I get the desire to have a real Pizza Planet, trust me, but how would that work within the story that the land is attempting to tell? We're toys in Andy's backyard, so a Pizza Planet wouldn't make a lot of sense. Of course, they could take the usual lazy route of Andy having a toy version of everything, but I don't think a fake cardboard Pizza Planet is really what people are clamoring for.

Agreed. I actually think a proper Pizza Planet is something they should build in Disney Springs.

RSoxNo1

It's a playset, just like everything else.

lazyboy97o

I don’t think people realize they can go to Pizza Planet, it’s called Chuck E. Cheese. Yeah it had a cool look but it is clearly that sort of pizza and games place that had one last hurrah in the mid-90s.

The Aracuan Bird

The over emphasis on world building in the land (for a world that isn’t that compelling) has backed them into a corner. Compelling experiences > backstory. Always. But if they must, call it a “playset”.

Minthorne

Anything is possible with imagination!

UNCgolf

The over emphasis on world building in the land (for a world that isn’t that compelling) has backed them into a corner. Compelling experiences > backstory. Always. But if they must, call it a “playset”.

That was the big foundational mistake that lead to many of the other problems with the land. By setting it inside Andy's backyard and attempting to theme everything to that, they made it difficult to build anything remotely interesting in both attractions and other areas.

The Aracuan Bird

That was the big foundational mistake that lead to many of the other problems with the land. By setting it inside Andy's backyard and attempting to theme everything to that, they made it difficult to build anything remotely interesting in both attractions and other areas.
They took the concept of a “Toy Land” and made it as generic as possible. What gives? Every time I watch Laurel and Hardy’s Babes in Toyland, or play a toy themed level in a video game, I’m giddy with colorful sights I’m about to see. What happened with this one?

Toy Story has a much higher emphasis on characters rather than memorable locations. So create a new location that is interesting in a theme park, and feature the characters in the attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom