New Walt Disney World Resort hotel room discounts now available for the summer season

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
25% only? I guess demand is back. Now if only they would open up those additional resorts. Also club level.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
25% only? I guess demand is back. Now if only they would open up those additional resorts. Also Club level.

...you funny 😂

but there’s an easy angle here: they have places mothballed (which they’ve always wanted to do when things fall below 80%...not kidding)...but they can just sell from the point where they pack them into lower overhead scenarios. Their algorithms will tell them when to open...one by one.

that’s why we love Disney: never let a crisis go to waste.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Not much availability, they must have had a very limited allotment this summer. I'll be waiting to return until next year.

ilovelabs2021

I am glad we decided to take advantage of the offer that ends in early July and that we booked in January. We got 30% off our Beach Club stay.

monothingie

Premium Member
...you funny 😂

but there’s an easy angle here: they have places mothballed (which they’ve always wanted to do when things fall below 80%...not kidding)...but they can just sell from the point where they pack them into lower overhead scenarios. Their algorithms will tell them when to open...one by one.

that’s why we love Disney: never let a crisis go to waste.
USO Resorts had club level amenities open last year. I guess they know something Disney doesn’t. Like how to run a resort.

But surely you don’t think they couldn’t fill all their hotels this summer? Too bad they can’t get any find any workers.

The4mousekeeters

Super limited availability... we're headed down first week of August. I'm on hold (57 minutes estimated hold time) to see if they'll work any magic that I'm not seeing online, but I don't have my hopes up. 🤷‍♀️

Rickcat96

Well, looking at the price point-is it me or does these price look the the same as what I paid before the pandemic-but I had the dining plan.

Weather_Lady

Well, looking at the price point-is it me or does these price look the the same as what I paid before the pandemic-but I had the dining plan.
It's not you. In fact, rooms are more expensive than ever, and the discounts are appreciably smaller.

I checked historical rack rates for one of the Disney hotel rooms the other day (Polynesian, standard room, end of August) -- the rack rate has gone up about 20% since [EDIT: 2018] 2019! Moreover, in [2018] 2019, guests who booked that room during that same week could have chosen between a 35% room discount and free dining. This year, the best anyone could do is to save the equivalent of 25% with the "2 days free ticket" offer (or if it applied, which it doesn't, the 25% room-only discount).

And this analysis doesn't even take note of the fact that in that same 3 2 years, the value of every room onsite has been markedly diminished by the lack of touring-related perks (EMH, Fastpass advantages), the inconvenience of park pass reservations and limited capacity, shortened park hours, the imposition of park-hopping time windows, the removal of luggage transfer and upcoming total elimination of DME, and the continued closure of dozens of attractions and restaurants and the Epcot monorail.

Man, I sound like a hater today... ;)

Last edited:

Rickcat96

It's not you. In fact, rooms are more expensive and the discounts are appreciably smaller.

I checked historical rack rates for one of the Disney hotel rooms the other day (Polynesian, standard room, end of August) -- the rack rate has gone up about 20% since 2019! Moreover, in 2019, guests who booked that room during that same week could have chosen between a 35% room discount and free dining. This year, the best anyone could do is to save the equivalent of 25% with the "2 days free ticket" offer (or if it applied, which it doesn't, the 25% room-only discount).

And this analysis doesn't even take note of the fact that the value of every room onsite has been markedly diminished by the lack of on-site touring-related perks (EMH, Fastpass advantages), the inconvenience of park pass reservations and limited capacity, shortened park hours, the imposition of park-hopping time windows, the removal of luggage transfer and upcoming total elimination of DME, and the continued closure of dozens of attractions and restaurants and the Epcot monorail.

I get it, but I wont go anytime soon with those prices and watered down experiences.

monothingie

Premium Member
It's not you. In fact, rooms are more expensive than ever, and the discounts are appreciably smaller.

I checked historical rack rates for one of the Disney hotel rooms the other day (Polynesian, standard room, end of August) -- the rack rate has gone up about 20% since 2019! Moreover, in 2019, guests who booked that room during that same week could have chosen between a 35% room discount and free dining. This year, the best anyone could do is to save the equivalent of 25% with the "2 days free ticket" offer (or if it applied, which it doesn't, the 25% room-only discount).

And this analysis doesn't even take note of the fact that in that same 2 years, the value of every room onsite has been markedly diminished by the lack of touring-related perks (EMH, Fastpass advantages), the inconvenience of park pass reservations and limited capacity, shortened park hours, the imposition of park-hopping time windows, the removal of luggage transfer and upcoming total elimination of DME, and the continued closure of dozens of attractions and restaurants and the Epcot monorail.

2019 is a bad comparison year because of the debacle of SWGE. After they scared everyone away with the price increases and the expected crowds, and the high expectations, they walked everything back..

Weather_Lady

2019 is a bad comparison year because of the debacle of SWGE. After they scared everyone away with the price increases and the expected crowds, and the high expectations, they walked everything back..
On paper, it's a pretty consistent comparison year, but I'm glad you mentioned it because it caused me to look at the numbers again and realize that my post was incorrect. My post should have said the ~20% increase was over a THREE year period, not two, as I'd looked at the stats for 2018, not 2019.

Here is the year-by-year increase for a rack rate night at the Polynesian (standard room, averaging the weekend/weekday price, w/tax) during the third week of August, which generally falls into one of the "value" (second lowest) pricing seasons.

2018 - $555 (discount offer: free dining or 35% room-only discount)
2019 - $585 (5% increase over prior year) (discount offers: free dining or 25% room-only discount -- 35% for VISA cardholders)
2020 - $614 (5% increase over prior year, 11% increase from 2 years prior) (discount offers: "kids dine free" or 25% room-only discount)
2021 - $653 (6% increase over prior year, 12% increase from 2 years prior, 18% increase from 3 years prior) (discount offer: "2 ticket days free w/4-night non-discounted package" or - for most resorts but not the Polynesian - an up-to-25% room-only discount)

My point was, and remains, a very simple one, which I don't think anyone here would seriously contest: by and large, WDW is continuing to increase hotel room rates as though everything is normal and as though its offerings are remaining consistent, when they are not, and is continuing its longstanding trend of offering diminishing discounts on those rates.

Last edited:

dmw

In the Parks
No
On paper, it's a pretty consistent comparison year, but I'm glad you mentioned it because it caused me to look at the numbers again and realize that my post was incorrect. My post should have said the ~20% increase was over a THREE year period, not two, as I'd looked at the stats for 2018, not 2019.

Here is the year-by-year increase for a rack rate night at the Polynesian (standard room, averaging the weekend/weekday price, w/tax) during the third week of August, which generally falls into one of the "value" (second lowest) pricing seasons.

2018 - $555 (discount offer: free dining or 35% room-only discount)
2019 - $585 (5% increase over prior year) (discount offers: free dining or 25% room-only discount -- 35% for VISA cardholders)
2020 - $614 (5% increase over prior year, 11% increase from 2 years prior) (discount offers: "kids dine free" or 25% room-only discount)
2021 - $653 (6% increase over prior year, 12% increase from 2 years prior, 18% increase from 3 years prior) (discount offer: "2 ticket days free w/4-night non-discounted package" or - for most resorts but not the Polynesian - an up-to-25% room-only discount)

My point was, and remains, a very simple one, which I don't think anyone here would seriously contest: by and large, WDW is continuing to increase hotel room rates as though everything is normal and as though its offerings are remaining consistent, when they are not, and is continuing its longstanding trend of offering diminishing discounts on those rates.
supply and demand...

I'm surprised there is so much demand even with so much of the magic missing right now.

Weather_Lady

supply and demand...

I'm surprised there is so much demand even with so much of the magic missing right now.
I think people have been cooped up so long they're willing to pay for a subpar experience, just to _go_ somewhere. I know that's the attitude of my husband and kids, who clamored to revisit WDW this summer over my protestations about the timing and lack of return on investment. They basically said, "we just want to be there, because being there will make things feel more normal again, even if the experience itself isn't back to normal." Or something like that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom