Votes: 26 30.6%
  • no

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • its ok

Votes: 39 45.9%

• Total voters

Ryan120420

And space at DCA at least.

No excuse at WDW with how humongous the queue is.

Space is not an excuse. Go take a look at Secret Life of Pets at Universal, the building is about 2/3 the size of Mermaids building and uses an omnimover ride system very similar to Mermaid, yet Universal was to fit a very detailed ride with a similar ride length and one of the best theme park queues into that very limited space.

Disney could have made Mermaids building taller like Universal did to fit more ride but they didn't want to spend the money to do so.

lazyboy97o

Space is not an excuse. Go take a look at Secret Life of Pets at Universal, the building is about 2/3 the size of Mermaids building and uses an omnimover ride system very similar to Mermaid, yet Universal was to fit a very detailed ride with a similar ride length and one of the best theme park queues into that very limited space.

Disney could have made Mermaids building taller like Universal did to fit more ride but they didn't want to spend the money to do so.
Money is not an excuse either. Plenty of money was spent on The Little Mermaid.

Although given Universal’s recent rise in costs I wouldn’t be surprised if Secret Life of Pets cost a lot too.

truecoat

No excuse at WDW with how humongous the queue is.

Yes, it goes down the side of the building.

LM queue.jpg

DrAlice

I am honestly shocked. I thought I was the only one on this board that likes the ride this much. The whole thing is just so much fun. It's not an E ticket, but it's not trying to be. It's simple and joyful and I like it.
You aren't alone. We enjoy this ride for the same reasons. For better or worse, sometimes positive opinions get drowned out on this board.

DoleWhipDrea

I like it. I could criticize about every single ride that I enjoy - things can always be improved. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it! Overall I prefer slower dark rides with impressive AAs and a fantastic soundtrack, and Little Mermaid fits that bill. The narrative could be better and the ending is obviously rushed skipping the film's climax, but this is also not the first dark ride Disney has done where a portion of the story is inexplicably rushed (look at DL's Snow White dark ride.) I don't excuse it, but it doesn't ruin the ride for me.

I would definitely take more attractions like Little Mermaid over a bunch of basic roller coasters with little narrative or theming or an attraction filled with screens and barely any figures. I prefer three-dimensional environments. If I wanted to stare at screens I would stay home.

LittleMerman

Yes I love it! It might not use overly impressive tech or anything but it's a really great, sweet, fun dark ride. It does have some impressive animatronics. I'd love to see them fix a few things over the years but almost no ride is perfect.

TP2000

We enjoy the ride so I said yes. Is it perfect, no. I will say that the WDW version is better purely because of the queue.

The WDW queue is a thing only because they insist on adding Fastpass to everything out there and clogging up a 2,000 riders per hour Omnimover with 90 Day Advance reservations. I'm not sure who is more idiotic; the TDO brain trust who thinks that's a good idea or the Midwest tourists who actually buy into it and do it. :rolleyes:

At DCA it's a 5 minute wait and the queue is basic and short. Because it's a barely-better-than-crappy Omnimover that presents a Cliff's Notes version of the movie. For babies and little girls. Or people with a fetish for robot seagulls.

And whatever happened to that lady Imagineer who built this thing and was trotted out endlessly by her corporate media machine? She disappeared. We've never heard from her again. Funny how that works if your big budget expensive ride is crappy. :cool:

Stevek

The WDW queue is a thing only because they insist on adding Fastpass to everything out there and clogging up a 2,000 riders per hour Omnimover with 90 Day Advance reservations. I'm not sure who is more idiotic; the TDO brain trust who thinks that's a good idea or the Midwest tourists who actually buy into it and do it. :rolleyes:

At DCA it's a 5 minute wait and the queue is basic and short. Because it's a barely-better-than-crappy Omnimover that presents a Cliff's Notes version of the movie. For babies and little girls. Or people with a fetish for robot seagulls.

And whatever happened to that lady Imagineer who built this thing and was trotted out endlessly by her corporate media machine? She disappeared. We've never heard from her again. Funny how that works if your big budget expensive ride is crappy. :cool:
But the queue at WDW is still better regardless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom