Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Brer Panther

VR. You would sit in the former AE/SGE seats. Not sure if those seats were meant to move in any way to involve more interactivity.
Having a Sugar Rush ride just be a VR experience where you just sit there seems like a waste of a good idea.
Neither is Monsters Inc. or Toy Story.

I agree but that rocket has left for the moon I’m afraid.
Buzz at least focuses on the "Buzz as a space ranger" aspect and sort of brings you into the world that Buzz the character that the toy was inspired by inhabits. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, as much as I like the show, doesn't fit at all.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Having a Sugar Rush ride just be a VR experience where you just sit there seems like a waste of a good idea.

Buzz at least focuses on the "Buzz as a space ranger" aspect and sort of brings you into the world that Buzz the character that the toy was inspired by inhabits. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, as much as I like the show, doesn't fit at all.

I wish they'd just drop Toy Story from the land altogether. It works but it's not a great fit. A heavily-themed Pizza Planet on the other hand would be a nice addition. I just don't think we need 2 Toy Story laser tag type attractions.

As for WiR...

WiR isn’t futuristic.

The only way Ralph would work in Tomorrowland is if they played up the Hero's Duty Cybug visuals and made either a A.E. type show in the Stitch building (armchair idea from @Bocabear, I believe) or retired Buzz Space Ranger Spin and put a Cybug Defense laser tag/darkride as a replacement. Obviously for it to work though they would still need to have Ralph, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Sergeant Calhoun and possibly Fix it Felix as cameo AAs.

The outlier is the Monster's Inc show, which clearly needs to move to DHS as has been mentioned ad nauseam. But then what does Disney do with that building space? I'd look at replacing Monsters soon! It starts to become a game of musical chairs.

Re: Stitch, It's a shame TDO continues to let the building sit empty. Is it a lack of IPs or just an inability to create a serviceable replacement?

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

I wish they'd just drop Toy Story from the land altogether. It works but it's not a great fit. A heavily-themed Pizza Planet on the other hand would be a nice addition. I just don't think we need 2 Toy Story laser tag type attractions.

As for WiR...

The only way Ralph would work in Tomorrowland is if they played up the Hero's Duty Cybug visuals and made either a A.E. type show in the Stitch building (armchair idea from @Bocabear, I believe) or retired Buzz Space Ranger Spin and put a Cybug Defense laser tag/darkride as a replacement. Obviously for it to work though they would still need to have Ralph, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Sergeant Calhoun and possibly Fix it Felix as cameo AAs.

The outlier is the Monster's Inc show, which clearly needs to move to DHS as has been mentioned ad nauseam. But then what does Disney do with that building space? It starts to become a game of musical chairs. It's a shame that they continue to let the SGE building just sit there. Is it a lack of IPs or just an inability to create a serviceable replacement?
Ditch the theater and use the whole building as one dark ride. Boom.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pardon the crudeness - I`ve been having new PC migration issues but here`s a size comparison someone asked about. Not taking into account structural issues like support beams and the like.

Moon - CV Size compare.jpg

GymLeaderPhil

Costly, but they could squeeze a Alice in Wonderland sized dark ride utilizing the space above and below the current ground level of SGE.

A Laugh Floor replacement could also easily extend into the backstage outdoor foods building and parking lot behind it if they needed space.

peter11435

Costly, but they could squeeze a Alice in Wonderland sized dark ride utilizing the space above and below the current ground level of SGE.

A Laugh Floor replacement could also easily extend into the backstage outdoor foods building and parking lot behind it if they needed space.
Buzz kind of limits the ability for laugh floor to expand into those spaces

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The SGE space easily could accommodate a small ALICE type dark ride.
Can a modern Disney pull off small dark rides? I'd assume there's both design and compliance challenges to overcome. Disney keeps going bigger with their darkrides for whatever reason. But if we're talking a smaller footprint; it does make me wonder about that "Black Box" concept that was discussed earlier.

Movielover

Pardon the crudeness - I`ve been having new PC migration issues but here`s a size comparison someone asked about. Not taking into account structural issues like support beams and the like.

View attachment 553961

Pardon my crudeness, I'm away from my Photoshop PC. I know it would not be this simple but this red square is roughly the same size as the entire Transformers facility at Universal. This is just fun to speculate about and again, putting a darkride in this spot would be very difficult, but possibly a different company would come up with a clever solution to squeeze in a ride, que, shop, and utilities...

Tomorrowland.jpg

If you could somehow connect both spaces with a bridge, that would be plenty for a huge dark ride.

Depending on how the utilidor is laid out underneath they could also do a tunnel connection. Either way would lead to some interesting results.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom