Disney Wish

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am here!! My agents can certainly help with future booking or if you book within 30 days you can transfer it to us. Did I mention we have VERY generous onboard credits for our Disney Cruisers?

Pam

llrain

I understand why Disney uses the same IPs over and over (Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Toy Story) but I "wish" they had incorporated some different ones like Moana, maybe Pirates of the Caribbean, Lion King, etc.

Your absolutely right, lets just keep jamming Star wars down their throats and now Marvel cause we are far enough away from uni that we can build an "attraction" finally that is Marvel.
Im so tired of star wars at every corner I turn with Disney. Moana or COCO would have been awesome but we get star wars, again.

Markiewong

Your absolutely right, lets just keep jamming Star wars down their throats and now Marvel cause we are far enough away from uni that we can build an "attraction" finally that is Marvel.
Im so tired of star wars at every corner I turn with Disney. Moana or COCO would have been awesome but we get star wars, again.
But none of the ships were build with Starwars and Marvel in mind. As far as I know the hyperspace lounge is the first Star Wars themed area on a Disney cruise.

imahistorygeek

I've never cruised before, but what is it about cruises that people love so much? I could probably book 8 nights at the Poly and 7 day park tickets for the same $ as a week on a Disney cruise ship.
For me, it's only 4,000 of your closest friends instead of 40,000. Plus, WDW is go, go, go and DCL is (IMO) relaxed. I'm exhausted after WDW and fully relaxed after DCL. Your room is always close if you need a nap. Customer service on DCL is better than WDW. I love going to Disney parks, but I'd take a Disney cruise over that any day of the week.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
For me, it's only 4,000 of your closest friends instead of 40,000. Plus, WDW is go, go, go and DCL is (IMO) relaxed. I'm exhausted after WDW and fully relaxed after DCL. Your room is always close if you need a nap. Customer service on DCL is better than WDW. I love going to Disney parks, but I'd take a Disney cruise over that any day of the week.
Plus your meals as well as room service are included with the exception of the adult only restaurants

Pam

LittleMerman

Yeah. Like I said, I get it - the IPs they chose are definite crowd pleasers and they want to appeal to as many people as they can per ship. I guess it was inevitable that Star Wars and Marvel - two of the biggest movie franchises ever and some of the most successful movies in history - would have been included.

I was really hoping for Moana. It makes so much sense being at sea. And I love your idea for Coco! Mexican food is pretty popular and that would lend to a beautiful restaurant with the colorful cut paper banners. I'm hoping that the 6th and 7th ships will change things up. I have a feeling (I could be wrong) that the three newer ships will be similiar to each other in the way the first two and second two ships were similiar. I would expect a lot of the same dining spaces with one different restaurant per ship. Hopefully they'll bring in new IPs for the different one on ships 6 and 7!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Itinerary information for the Disney Wish
June 9-14, 2022
Disney Wish Maiden Voyage
5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
Stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay
3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
June 17-20, 2022
June 24-27, 2022
July 1-4, 2022
July 8-11, 2022
July 15-18, 2022
July 22-25, 2022
July 29-August 1, 2022
August 5-8, 2022
August 12-15, 2022
August 19-22, 2022
August 26-29, 2022
September 2-5, 2022
September 9-12, 2022
September 16-19, 2022
September 23-26, 2022
September 30-October 2, 2022
4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral
June 20-24, 2022
June 27-July 1, 2022
July 4-8, 2022
July 11-15, 2022
July 18-22, 2022
July 25-29, 2022
August 1-5, 2022
August 8-12, 2022
August 15-19, 2022
August 22-26, 2022
August 29-September 2, 2022
September 5-9, 2022
September 12-16, 2022
September 19-23, 2022
September 26-30, 2022

Stripes

It seems there is a lot more to come out. They didn't even get into the details about the new "Cabanas" or what other quick service dining will be available on deck. Teen club, sports deck, the other adult lounge areas, etc...

I couldn't tell if split bathrooms were still going to be a thing.
The website has the deck plans at the bottom with over a dozen “More magic coming” labels.

Magic Feather

As expected, it’s looking like the Wish is going to bump the Dream off of its itinerary to allow it to go other places.

Also, unlike the Dream Class, one of the hallmarks of the Triton class is that each ship’s central theme will vary from each other while still having a significant effect on common spaces. This one is obviously royal. IMO, the other two are rather easy to guess.
(Admittedly this is the ship that has interested me the least out of the three).

Also, I’d been told for a while that they wanted an attraction at sea on this class. Disappointed it’s just a water slide with screens. Hopefully there is at least one interesting show scene in the funnel.

CJR

As expected, it’s looking like the Wish is going to bump the Dream off of its itinerary to allow it to go other places.

Also, unlike the Dream Class, one of the hallmarks of the Triton class is that each ship’s central theme will vary from each other while still having a significant effect on common spaces. This one is obviously royal. IMO, the other two are rather easy to guess.
(Admittedly this is the ship that has interested me the least out of the three).

Also, I’d been told for a while that they wanted an attraction at sea on this class. Disappointed it’s just a water slide with screens. Hopefully there is at least one interesting show scene in the funnel.

I agree, it's not really much more of an attraction than the Aquaduck is, maybe barely more, based on what we currently know. Show scenes on screen's might even be less appealing than a clear journey "over the side" of the ship. Hopefully there's more to it. Otherwise, if that's the definition of attraction, Aquaduck was first.

I thought they were, pre-pandemic, planning to run three ships out of Canaveral. If that's changed, hopefully Dream stays in Florida. Miami or Port Everglades would be glad to have it.

DCLcruiser

This ship looks incredible.

One question. Will new ships like the wish mean prices the prices on other ships like dream and fantasy drop in price?
They go to different places. You can't really compare prices for say Wish vs Magic (oldest) in the Bahamas.

Wish will do the volume cruises (3-5 night Bahamas), they are the cheapest cruises, and the most popular. Then, for example, Dream does Western Caribbean, Fantasy does Eastern Caribbean, Magic goes to Europe and Wonder does west coast.

DisneyJoe

I believe the Dream will be mostly sailing from Miami...

Notes from Neverland

Taking a first glance at the layout, it looks like DCL is moving away from the idea of a large adults-only area like The District where there's multiple unique lounges. There's a couple of spots where adult lounges could be added, but it doesn't look quite as large.

Notes from Neverland

Hmm ... maybe my brain is just fried, but I'm drawing a blank on what the other two would be. IPs immediately jump to mind but an overall category is escaping me.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Taking a first glance at the layout, it looks like DCL is moving away from the idea of a large adults-only area like The District where there's multiple unique lounges. There's a couple of spots where adult lounges could be added, but it doesn't look quite as large.

Something is going on on these two decks...hmmm...

1.png
2.png

*Q*

I've never cruised before, but what is it about cruises that people love so much? I could probably book 8 nights at the Poly and 7 day park tickets for the same $ as a week on a Disney cruise ship.
As far as the Disney Cruise Line goes, they've retained the level of service and special feeling (the so-called "magic") that the parks lost about 20-25 years ago. I've discovered in recent years that I'd much rather spend the $1,000-$1,200 cost of a WDW annual pass on Disney Cruises instead. Much more relaxing and much less frustrating than the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom