Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I dunno I spotted a lot of broken stuff in that vid still. Above all the lighting is still completely jacked. I imagine they've given up on it. I did see a couple figures moving more than I've ever seen before though, so that's nice.
Brer Bear's butt before the dip drop was either missing or just very very dark.
IMG_20210429_135557_296.jpg

SuddenStorm

I dunno I spotted a lot of broken stuff in that vid still. Above all the lighting is still completely jacked. I imagine they've given up on it. I did see a couple figures moving more than I've ever seen before though, so that's nice.

It's all relative- it's in far better shape then it was in March 2020.

mickEblu

Watching this ride through of Splash that was posted (looks like just about every animatronic is back in place, and most are working. Figures that haven't moved properly in years are moving. Lighting looks good also). It also looks like they've reconfigured/fixed the lighting on the vultures, which has a much more pronounced strobe effect now when compared to 2015. The strobe effect was completely absent around 2018 and I don't recall seeing it in 2019 either.

And here's the same spot in 2018 for comparison-

I'm absolutely delighted it looks like Disney tried to keep the ride presentable. It's the best the ride has looked in years.

Awww man this video is making me sad. I feel myself slipping out of the acceptance phase

SuddenStorm

Awww man this video is making me sad. I feel myself slipping out of the acceptance phase

I'm a bit shocked you're in the acceptance phase to begin with (though I feel myself starting to feel the same). I think it's because the whole park hasn't been accessible since the announcement- which makes getting up in arms about a single change tough.

But as things get back to normal, I'm gonna be more and more disappointed that the ride is closing.

mickEblu

I'm a bit shocked you're in the acceptance phase to begin with (though I feel myself starting to feel the same). I think it's because the whole park hasn't been accessible since the announcement- which makes getting up in arms about a single change tough.

But as things get back to normal, I'm gonna be more and more disappointed that the ride is closing.

I suppose it’s a coping mechanism and just what happens after time. But it’s not a linear process that’s for sure.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen that B'rer Bear butt in person. It's always completely dark by that moment in the ride. And I've certainly never heard "There's nothing in here but bees!" in real life, further obfuscating that plot development. If it weren't for LMGVids' low-light POVs (or having ridden the Orlando version many times), I'm not sure I'd have any idea what that moment is supposed to be.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I'm not sure I've ever actually seen that B'rer Bear butt in person. It's always completely dark by that moment in the ride. And I've certainly never heard "There's nothing in here but bees!" in real life, further obfuscating that plot development. If it weren't for LMGVids' low-light POVs (or having ridden the Orlando version many times), I'm not sure I'd have any idea what that moment is supposed to be.
DL's does a terrible job IMHO setting up the Laughin Place drop/scene. In WDW we have three sequences dedicated to setting up the drop:
•Brer Rabbit singing about the Laughing Place in Time to Be Moving Along.
•The entire rope trap (Br'er Bear singing Everybody's Got a Laughin Place, Brer Rabbit calling "You boys need a good laugh! Let's all go to the Laughin Place!")
• " 'Dis ain't no Laughin Place! Dere's just BEES in here!"

In DL all we get is:
•Brer Rabbit singing about the Laughing Place for 2 lines.
• Brer Rabbit cackling behind a bush
• A tiny wooden sigh reading "To The Laughin Place"
•Brer Bear's butt

mickEblu

DL's does a terrible job IMHO setting up the Laughin Place drop/scene. In WDW we have three sequences dedicated to setting up the drop:
•Brer Rabbit singing about the Laughing Place in Time to Be Moving Along.
•The entire rope trap (Br'er Bear singing Everybody's Got a Laughin Place, Brer Rabbit calling "You boys need a good laugh! Let's all go to the Laughin Place!")
• " 'Dis ain't no Laughin Place! Dere's just BEES in here!"

In DL all we get is:
•Brer Rabbit singing about the Laughing Place for 2 lines.
• Brer Rabbit cackling behind a bush
• A tiny wooden sigh reading "To The Laughin Place"
•Brer Bear's butt

And yet DLs is more effective as the drop cues the next scene by splashing you into the blacklit laughing place/ bees as if we really fell. That segment looks a little clunky to me on the WDW ride thru I saw.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
And yet DLs is more effective as the drop cues the next scene by splashing you into the blacklit laughing place/ bees as if we really fell. That segment looks a little clunky to me on the WDW ride thru I saw.
Ah yes, but on DL's you have to travel a ways to get to the aftermath of the drop, but at Orlando you splash right into the aftermath of the drop. Like Br'er Bear just rolled down the hill and landed moments ago

Animaniac93-98

Watching this ride through of Splash that was posted (looks like just about every animatronic is back in place, and most are working. Figures that haven't moved properly in years are moving. Lighting looks good also). It also looks like they've reconfigured/fixed the lighting on the vultures, which has a much more pronounced strobe effect now when compared to 2015. The strobe effect was completely absent around 2018 and I don't recall seeing it in 2019 either.

And here's the same spot in 2018 for comparison-

I'm absolutely delighted it looks like Disney tried to keep the ride presentable. It's the best the ride has looked in years.

It's no Tokyo show quality, there's certainly room for improvement, but it does look better than it has in some time. You can also hear how there still playing the original Critter Country music loop with the same songs as before.

I didn't expect this to ever reopen. I thought they would have started the change already in California. I hope people will continue to enjoy it as long as they can.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I definitely take his word with a pound of salt but I honestly see them reskinning Brer Bear and saying "Ta da! Lewis!"

Jim Hill also says that the ride's new storyline will revolve around Louis losing his trumpet... which is an unfathomably stupid idea, to put it gently.

Has anyone heard this rumor from any other sources?

celluloid

It's no Tokyo show quality, there's certainly room for improvement, but it does look better than it has in some time. You can also hear how there still playing the original Critter Country music loop with the same songs as before.

I didn't expect this to ever reopen. I thought they would have started the change already in California. I hope people will continue to enjoy it as long as they can.
If nothing else, they dare not close anything because it would hurt their capacity now which is already limited and based on what is available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom