What Ride Would You Want to See Put in the Old Snow White's Scary Adventures Building?

MattFrees71

Original Poster
Hello, I was very disappointed not only for Disney getting rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures, but the fact that they didn't even replace it with another ride. It was like pouring salt on the wound when they put in that meet and greet. Still, if Disney ever decided to change their mind, I would think it would be fairly easy to gut the Meet and Greet and put an actual ride back in there.

What kind of ride would you want to see go in?

image source

Image source

danheaton

I think you're likely set with a Fantasyland style dark ride because the space isn't gigantic. I'd like to see Disney use the latest technology (like in the Shanghai Peter Pan) to make the best three-minute dark ride it can do. In terms of which film, that's a good question. You could go classic with something from the early years, a '90s hit like The Lion King, or a recent one like Tangled or I'm sad to admit it, Frozen. The most important thing to me is that it wouldn't be a book report and would be a top-notch experience.

kap91

I think Cinderella would be a perfect fit. It’s a simple story, could be told relatively quickly, and has a fantastic art style and potential for visual effects. Plus it’s right next to Cinderella castle.

I even made concept art once upon a time. Though I really wanted to make a mashup of the Rogers and Hammerstein + Disney versions.

jt04

Front section (old queue) can still function as a m&g for Cindy and Snow.

However, the show building could be repurposed.

You access the show building through an enclosed crickety old lift made of wood planks, ropes and pullies. Access is from the rear pathway behind the old show building. Just beneath the castle.

Functioning like the old hydrolators you are lowered deep below the castle and into mysterious maze of caverns. There you can access a walkthrough of dungeons, treasure keeps, armories, and even encounter a real life dragon. Mayhem ensues.

Exit through the current gift shop.

DisneyManOne

I think Cinderella would be a perfect fit. It’s a simple story, could be told relatively quickly, and has a fantastic art style and potential for visual effects. Plus it’s right next to Cinderella castle.

I even made concept art once upon a time. Though I really wanted to make a mashup of the Rogers and Hammerstein + Disney versions. View attachment 356310

Funny you should mention that, because I actually came up with a Cinderella dark ride for the Snow White space many moons ago...

Cinderella’s Midnight Journey
latest

Appropriately situated underneath the shadow of Cinderella Castle, Cinderella’s Midnight Journey offers us a pastoral voyage through scenes and moments from the 1950 masterpiece. To be honest, I’ve always wanted to see how Cinderella would be translated in a dark ride form, so this is my chance to see how it would work.

Passing underneath a blue tournament tent, we pass through wooden switchbacks, before arriving at the loading area. Once again, there’s a mural, but there’s something far more detailed about it. Given that this is supposed to be the “beautiful” dark ride, this mural seems to sparkle like a precious diamond.

cinderella-painting-is-anyone-looking-for-cinderella-painting-armani-tinkerbell-or-photo.jpg

Our ride vehicles are cleverly designed: half-pumpkins, decorated with ivy, and rolling about on wooden wheels. Basically, it’s a more “rustic” approach to the iconic pumpkin coach from the story.

Anyways, once all are aboard their pumpkin, we set off, passing by the bucolic countryside, before heading towards the Tremaine Manor. Outside, we see Cinderella herself, feeding the animals (1).

Heading inside, we pass through the manor’s grand foyer. The calm, peaceful mood is instantly shattered as we are soon greeted by the sounds of the stepsisters shrilly calling for Cinderella. Fortunately for us, this doesn’t last long as we head towards Cinderella’s room to meet the mice. Inside, we see the mice and the birds preparing a dress for Cinderella to wear to the ball. They work quickly and happily; singing “The Work Song” as they go.

However, this joy is soon snuffed out like a light. As we head out of the manor, we see the silhouette of the stepsisters, tearing Cinderella’s dress apart (2). Heading out into the garden at night, we see an animatronic Cinderella, crying (3). “There’s nothing left to believe in”, she says through tears. Suddenly, through the magic of Pepper’s Ghost, her Fairy Godmother appears before her. “Dry those tears, my child”, she says. “You can’t go to the ball looking like that. Now, let’s see...what are those magic words again?”

As we hear the Fairy Godmother sing “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo”, we pass through the garden as she works her magic...her Pepper’s Ghost magic, that is. A pumpkin turns into a magnificent coach (4). The mice turn into gallant steeds (5). The dog and the horse turn into coachman and footman, respectively (6). And last but not least, we watch as Cinderella’s rags turn into a magnificent gown! (7)

dbb2a26e8cb1a2731db3c7fb1c0e55f7.jpg

As we head out of the scene, we hear the Fairy Godmother’s voice: “Remember, Cinderella: On the stroke of twelve, the spell will be broken.” We pass by Cinderella in the coach, waving goodbye to the Fairy Godmother (8). On the other side of the track, we see her wave back, before disappearing (9).

Ahead of us are “crash doors”, painted with a mural depicting the Castle in the distance. Passing through the doors, we find ourselves in a beautiful garden. The trees gently sway in the breeze, a river gently burbles, and up ahead, we see Cinderella and Prince Charming sharing a romantic waltz to the instrumental strains of “So This is Love” (10). All in all, the mood is very pastoral and romantic. In fact, our pumpkin even slows down to take it all in.

so_this_is_love_closeup_by_snowsowhite-d4etlv8.jpg

Unfortunately, the mood is once again shattered by another unpleasant sound: the sonorous chime of the clock tower. “Oh, no!” we hear Cinderella’s worried voice say. “It’s midnight! Good-bye!” This is soon followed by the Prince’s voice: “No, wait! I don’t even know your name! How will I find you again?”

Picking up speed as we leave the garden, we find ourselves before the staircase of the castle. We see Cinderella rush down the staircase (11) (or rather, glide down, ‘cause she’s a static animatronic), but as she passes by one step, we notice that one of her glass slippers has fallen off. The Prince’s silhouette is at the top of the staircase, desperately reaching out towards her. The clock tower stands a few feet behind the staircase in forced-perspective, both hands reaching towards the 12.

054-cinderella-u.jpg

Making a left, we find ourselves heading towards the Tremaine Manor once more. We hear the voice of a herald: “Hear ye! Hear ye! The Prince has decreed that he shall marry the girl whose foot fits the glass slipper!” Heading inside we see the stepsisters, each with one bare foot and sour looks on their faces. It is obvious that their attempts to try on the slipper failed. The Grand Duke is preparing to leave. “Well, if there are no other ladies here...” “Wait!” we hear a voice call out to him. It’s Cinderella, at the top of the staircase (12). “May I try it on?”

However, as we pass by this scene...a third unpleasant sound hits our ears: CRASH! Indeed, on the wall, we see the silhouette of the Footman trip upon Lady Tremaine’s cane. We hear the anguished wail of the Grand Duke. “Oh, no! What shall I do now?” Cinderella responds: “Perhaps, if it would help...” “No, nothing can help now”, the Grand Duke says through his tears. But then, we hear Cinderella say: “But, you see, I have the other slipper.”

At last, we see it: Cinderella is seated, as the Grand Duke slides the slipper onto her foot. It’s a perfect fit! (13) Leaving the manor at long last, we see a glorious celebration: Cinderella and the Prince have been married! As a triumphant instrumental of “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” fills the air, we see Cinderella—once again in her ballgown—and the Prince waving farewell to us (14). The King and the Grand Duke stand nearby, throwing rice. The mice wave goodbye from atop a railing. The birds, the dog and the horse stand nearby. And just before we leave, we see the Fairy Godmother appear before us, saying: “Remember: the dreams that you wish will come true.” (15) With that, we pull back into the loading area; our midnight journey complete.

bclane

How about an Aladdin magic carpet dark ride. Not a ride through the whole movie ride...but just the “I can show you the world” part. Or just bring back Snow White updated to today’s standards.

bclane

Scratch that. I want a Wishes fireworks dark ride. They could just blast the old Wishes music and simulate the journey of a drone (or Tinkerbell) through the middle of all that wonderful pyro.

MattFrees71

Original Poster
My first thought was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. That's still high on the list, but I almost feel it would be odd opening in that location considering it used to have a superior place right next store that had room for two tracks.

Other than that, I think any of the original films connected to Disney's golden age of animation would be prime candidates. I feel that it is integral for Fantasyland to have such a solid foundation from those classics which they sort of lack right now. These could be Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, or Sword in the Stone. And even though it was a little after the "Golden Age", I think Robin Hood would be great there as well. Magic Kingdom needs another classic Fantasyland dark ride. I think it was a plain and simple cop out when they put in that Meet and Greet.

I'm also curious as to how much of the original room is being utilized. I have a hard time imagining a Meet and Greet takes up all that ride space.

Brer Panther

Off the top of my head? Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, a new version of Mr. Toad, Nightmare Before Christmas, or Robin Hood. Aladdin would be a good choice, but I feel like it would work better in Adventureland...

Yeah, Fantasyland definitely needs one or two more dark rides. Stick one in the Princess Fairytale Hall building, you could remove the Speedway and stick another there, there's probably room for another somewhere...

Last edited:

MattFrees71

Original Poster
Off the top of my head? Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, a new version of Mr. Toad, Nightmare Before Christmas, or Robin Hood. Aladdin would be a good choice, but I feel like it would work better in Fantasyland...

Yeah, Fantasyland definitely needs one or two more dark rides. Stick one in the Princess Fairytale Hall building, you could remove the Speedway and stick another there, there's probably room for another somewhere...
I feel like they could put another dark ride where Big Top Souvenirs is. I'm sure they could find room to put the lost retail space somewhere else... The lack of classic dark rides at WDW is dismal these days.

Brer Panther

I feel like they could put another dark ride where Big Top Souvenirs is. I'm sure they could find room to put the lost retail space somewhere else... The lack of classic dark rides at WDW is dismal these days.
I distinctively remember others on this board suggesting that they could put a Pinocchio dark ride in Storybook Circus. So there's that.

Come to think of it, could Dumbo work as a dark ride?

Miru

For some reason, I feel like cloning Enchanted Wish could work. And not just as a troll move, it would fit the space of the area pretty well, and perhaps allow for an improved experience by building it more from scratch than retheming something much older. A Star vs. the Forces of Evil ride or maybe even an Onward ride would be my dark-horse picks.

Inspired Figment

I think we need to avoid more cloning and instead try to put something unique to that park in that space. Particuarly since Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was put there as a suitable Snow White ride replacement. Each different park should be worth visiting for a experiences you can’t experience at the other. I think Sword in the Stone would work great as a darkride personally due to the amount of action that happens in it aswell as the different environments thanks to Merlin & Wart’s transformations . It also fits the overall classic feel of Fantasyland.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom