News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Did they try Poseidon’s Fury?
We did that one a lot when I was a kid. My 72 year old dad loves that one. They can also do Shrek fine, but we didn't do that the last trip. My mother has a harder time with it than dad, and she's 48. They got a little woozy on King Kong, but not nearly as bad as Forbidden Journey. Dad attempted to do Simpsons with me and nearly wiped out.

They tried Forbidden Journey and legit nearly died. So they decided that they couldn't do Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, Despicable Me, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, Tranformers, Gringotts, F&F, King Kong... and of course Velocicoaster, Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit, Dudley Do-Right, and Mummy aren't going to be their thing so they're not coming back.

To give you an idea, the only things they did were Forbidden Journey (not good), Simpsons (not good), Jurassic Park, Horror Make-Up Show, Cat in the Hat, Hogwarts Express, Men in Black, and Poseidon's Fury.

They definitely prefer Disney better. On top of that, dad likes to bring his laptop in with a newspaper and grab a cup of coffee to do some work. He loved Epcot for that particular reason... But he definitely enjoys the environment at Disney a lot more.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We did that one a lot when I was a kid. My 72 year old dad loves that one. They can also do Shrek fine, but we didn't do that the last trip. My mother has a harder time with it than dad, and she's 48. They got a little woozy on King Kong, but not nearly as bad as Forbidden Journey. Dad attempted to do Simpsons with me and nearly wiped out.

They tried Forbidden Journey and legit nearly died. So they decided that they couldn't do Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, Despicable Me, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, Tranformers, Gringotts, F&F, King Kong... and of course Velocicoaster, Hulk, Rip Ride Rockit, Dudley Do-Right, and Mummy aren't going to be their thing so they're not coming back.

To give you an idea, the only things they did were Forbidden Journey (not good), Simpsons (not good), Jurassic Park, Horror Make-Up Show, Cat in the Hat, Hogwarts Express, Men in Black, and Poseidon's Fury.

They definitely prefer Disney better. On top of that, dad likes to bring his laptop in with a newspaper and grab a cup of coffee to do some work. He loved Epcot for that particular reason... But he definitely enjoys the environment at Disney a lot more.
Believe me, I agree Uni have gone too screen based. They used to have some of the best physical effects attractions going.

ImperfectPixie

Conversely we love Simpsons. But I can’t do the tea cups.
Any kind of tea cups are off limits for me ever since me and a friend tried to spin each other to death...we were going so fast that my braid was literally standing straight out from my head the entire time and we had to each focus on a bolt on the floor or we would have lost it. I don't think either of us could walk straight for 30 minutes afterwards because we were so dizzy. Now if I try to ride, I start feeling queasy almost immediately.

UNCgolf

My friend is slightly prone to feeling queasy from some simulators.

Forbidden Journey and Simpsons are really bad for him.

Flight of Passage and Soarin' and Smuggler's Run are no problems at all.

Similar for me. I'll never ride Forbidden Journey again because of how bad it made me feel -- luckily I wasn't all that impressed with it to begin with so I don't feel like I'm really missing out. Have no issues with FoP, Soarin', or Smuggler's Run, though.

I think Jurassic Park is the best ride at Universal.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
On top of that, dad likes to bring his laptop in with a newspaper and grab a cup of coffee to do some work. He loved Epcot for that particular reason...
Wait I’m sorry what? So many questions!?

Did/does he buy day tickets to do this?
Where did he sit?
Do they still let you bring a laptop in?
How did he decide to do this in the first place?
What kind of work is one able to accomplish with a loop of Test Track screams and the terror of hot, over-walked small children?
Did others sit with him or was this a personal activity?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can’t do any spinning rides anymore. Even M:S Green affects me. FoP got me last month, which didn’t really happen the first time. I can endure Star Tours as long as I have something stationary to focus on if necessary. But roller coasters are still fine for me.

But... the Space 220 restaurant. Wonder how expensive those meals will be! 😉

J4546

im the same way, screen based motion simulators make me sick, luckily Disneyland only has 2 of them (star tours/smugglers run) so theres plenty for me to enjoy. Universal Studios however is mostly screen based motion sims, so that park is pretty trash to me. With the exception of Jurassic World flume and Waterword show. Also the harry potter ride is amazing but makes me sick, but I appreciate the engineering that went into it, its a truly sensational experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
im the same way, screen based motion simulators make me sick, luckily Disneyland only has 2 of them (star tours/smugglers run) so theres plenty for me to enjoy. Universal Studios however is mostly screen based motion sims, so that park is pretty trash to me. With the exception of Jurassic World flume and Waterword show. Also the harry potter ride is amazing but makes me sick, but I appreciate the engineering that went into it, its a truly sensational experience.
Do you have any issues with Flight of Passage or Soarin'?

J4546

no, i love soarin, one of my faves. I dont know why it doesnt affect me, something about maybe my legs dangling lol, i dont know

UNCgolf

no, i love soarin, one of my faves. I dont know why it doesnt affect me, something about maybe my legs dangling lol, i dont know

Soarin' is barely a simulator. There's not really much movement; it's more like watching an IMAX film than anything else.

Flight of Passage definitely has a bit more going on in terms of physical motion than Soarin', but it's still nothing compared to a ride like Forbidden Journey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom