Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Bocabear

I feel like the Temple float through is a real lost opportunity to create a jaw dropping moment...instead of a couple meh displays... I guess after all the native figures are removed from the attraction, they are going to have a lot of space filling to do...

JoeCamel

Honest question, if they removed the (heads) feature from the statue of TS, would his image still be offensive? Not that I have a problem with his removal, wasn't a key element of the ride IMO, but if he was trading say, sun tan lotion and bug spray, would that have fixed the entire racist connotation or am I missing something else? Again, honest question, I'm not too familiar with his role or lore in the ride.
It was more than the headhunting

GimpYancIent

I feel like the Temple float through is a real lost opportunity to create a jaw dropping moment...instead of a couple meh displays... I guess after all the native figures are removed from the attraction, they are going to have a lot of space filling to do...
Bring on the big guns, yep, GORILLAS. A small troop of agitated menacing gorillas led by an enraged silverback will easily take up the space.

Rich Brownn

There's no spiel in the temple because it literally echoes and is too loud (no volume control). Plus it bookended two of my favorite gags - "Once inside its every man, woman and <stares> child for themselves." and upon exiting doing a silent head count, looking concerned, recounting and then quickly back to spiel. That always got laughs.

Sharon&Susan

Looks like the concept art is for the DL version judging by the placement of the wall. DL has had that elephant seen in the concept art next to Trader Sam for years, interesting to see if they clone it for the WDW version (considering that it'd make the WDW version of the scene a pricier addition than the one in DL).

TrainsOfDisney

There's no spiel in the temple because it literally echoes and is too loud (no volume control). Plus it bookended two of my favorite gags - "Once inside its every man, woman and <stares> child for themselves." and upon exiting doing a silent head count, looking concerned, recounting and then quickly back to spiel. That always got laughs.
They used to talk inside the temple and it was fine volume wise. The jokes were -
“Tiger woods”
“Root canal”
“Snake and buddah” (Shake your booty)
“Original barrel of monkeys”
“Original Golden girls”

Homemade Imagineering

With so many new apes being added to JC, it makes me wonder if they’re planning a certain cameo... 😉
C748BB8A-923A-4B52-BE22-E11DDCC8211D.jpeg

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
This seems like a good compromise. Trader Sam can be whoever the guests imagine him to be.

It would make sense that after several years of shrinking business, Sam would look for a new opportunity.
You win the board for today. Also, this is an example of a perfect change. Keep the character, new “gift shop” joke, and it’s overall funny!

Last edited:

tcool123

You know if the Jungle Cruise movie is a hit, the inside of the hut would be an easy place to plop down an animatronic of the Rock and/or Emily Blunt 👀

Since Trader Sam is gone due to him being “offensive”, I assume the dancing natives are the next victims and will have a date with the chopping block at some point as these changes take place?
If the hut is replacing Trader Sam then I imagine the chimpanzees are replacing the natives.

These chimps would likely replace the dancing natives:
Jungle-Cruise_Full_40710.jpg

These chimps would likely replace the ambushing natives:
Jungle-Cruise_Full_41599.jpg

I think the chimps are really cute and add to the comedy. In the first picture I think one of the chimps is covered in makeup and looks funny, and the second picture the chimp with the butterfly net looks adorable! Definitely a plus in my book!

Mr. Moderate

This seems like a good compromise. Trader Sam can be whoever the guests imagine him to be.

It would make sense that after several years of shrinking business, Sam would look for a new opportunity.
I agree and while I'm not a fan of some changes made to classic rides, such as this, i think this is a good compromise and I actually wish for more updates to make the ride even better. I would love to see the temple scene updated and more colorful, a little more intriguing in some ways with some new technology. Good comment and I agree that Disney made a good compromise here and I look forward to riding the Jungle Cruise again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the first picture I think one of the chimps is covered in makeup and looks funny, and the second picture the chimp with the butterfly net looks adorable! Definitely a plus in my book!
That's art paint.

If you look at the five monkeys on the boat, they're 'replacing' the five skippers up the pole: artist, butterfly hunter, bird watcher, cartographer, captain.

1619458350506.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom