anyone have any REAL IDEA when Annual Passes will come back..

bjlc57

Original Poster
We really want to come back to WD, possibly in the fall. . .but we want an annual pass so that we can come back in April of next year as well.. that trip we want to bring the grandchildren.. does anyone have some feel about the return of both Fast Passes and Annual passes.. if you don't know.. please no quips of the weather moon phase or anything else.. just good guesses or statements..

Disstevefan1

Any REAL IDEA? Nope. Nor does anyone else. The one thing I know is WDW will do whatever they want, whenever they want and we as fans just gotta deal with it..

I will miss WDW’s pre pandemic AP program. Who knows what we will get going forward. I have a feeling it will involve park reservations and blackouts at higher prices than we saw before the pandemic.

TWDC will not let the pandemic go to waste. TWDC is using it to make all sorts of changes they always wanted to do at the theme parks but needed an excuse, and here it is..

castlecake2.0

I think it’ll be until they have enough data to see what the best options will be. Right now I’m sure the data is showing they don’t need anywhere close to the amount of APs they had before, as the parks are reaching capacity for weeks now. I have a feeling moving forward they’ll rely more on the guests staying on property who typically spend more per night per room, than locals and APs. Bob even mentioned it in a recent earnings call that they don’t necessarily want as many APs back.

Jrb1979

Yeah I don’t think they will be back until DL rolls out their replacement, however seeing how anemic the DL reservations have been going it might be sooner than you think.
I have to laugh. I thought DL had the most loyal customers. Can't wait to see how few buy whatever membership program they release with more blackout dates.

Touchdown

Order of preference of guests for the company:
1. Resort day ticket guests
2. Resort APs (mostly from out of state)
3. DVC members
4. Offsite day tickets
5. Offsite APs

You can’t rely completely on group 1, you need more, the question is how do you create a pass that encourages group 2, sells more group 3 and not amass too many of group 5.

Jrb1979

3. DVC members
4. Offsite day tickets
5. Offsite APs

You can’t rely completely on group 1, you need more, the question is how do you create a pass that encourages group 2, sells more group 3 and not amass too many
You put in a lot of block out dates for Florida residents. You give them a certain number of reservations a month

TrainsOfDisney

3. DVC members
4. Offsite day tickets
5. Offsite APs

You can’t rely completely on group 1, you need more, the question is how do you create a pass that encourages group 2, sells more group 3 and not amass too many of group 5.
What I don’t understand... Disneyland and Disney World both have continued to offer discounts for local AP’s... why? If they don’t want the local AP’s why encourage them with lower-cost AP’s?

I realize that Disneyland just “sunsetted” the entire AP program but I’m talking about prior to covid.

Jrb1979

What I don’t understand... Disneyland and Disney World both have continued to offer discounts for local AP’s... why? If they don’t want the local AP’s why encourage them with lower-cost AP’s?

I realize that Disneyland just “sunsetted” the entire AP program but I’m talking about prior to covid.
They need them right now due to the lack of people travelling. Once that picks up things will probably change. There's a reason WDW isn't offering new passes

disneygeek90

I’m biased as a local AP, but when park capacity is back to normal they won’t see the crowd level they want if they alienate all the day travelers. Theres not the volume of people willing to travel down and drop thousands of dollars to cover every week of the year. I spend anywhere from 50-100 dollars in the parks nearly every week.

Jrb1979

I’m biased as a local AP, but when park capacity is back to normal they won’t see the crowd level they want if they alienate all the day travelers. Theres not the volume of people willing to travel down and drop thousands of dollars to cover every week of the year. I spend anywhere from 50-100 dollars in the parks nearly every week.
They aren't going to totally alienate the AP holders. They are probably going to limit the amount of days you can visit.

disneygeek90

And that’s why they have blackout dates for those few days.

I’m with you... I don’t really understand the logic.
I don’t know. I don’t think Florida has the same AP problem California does. Most people I know that live here don’t visit the parks from one year to the next. I just don’t see how it’s in Disney’s best interest to limit days more unless they introduce more tiered levels but limiting on the number of days ain’t it.

castlecake2.0

There’s really no point to that once capacity is back to normal. The amount of days per year that they hit 100% capacity is about 2 a year at best. Why would they want to operate under that?
I think the reason is because there is going to be a new normal, which involves favouring on site guests and severely downsizing the AP pool, along with a more comfortable “100% capacity”. There’s a sweet spot they’re trying to find with a little less guests that spend more.

TrainsOfDisney

I think the reason is because there is going to be a new normal, which involves favouring on site guests and severely downsizing the AP pool, along with a more comfortable “100% capacity”. There’s a sweet spot they’re trying to find with a little less guests that spend more.
Agreed. If they can fill all 4 parks with “100% capacity” that requires less staffing that’s a win for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom