Magic Band Question

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I was in the process of selecting new magic bands for my family through the MDE account. I understand that when you purchase bands that way they automatically link to each person for whom they are associated. However, I then noticed that there are different magic bands available through Shop Disney. These other bands are referred to as Magic Band 2. My question is, if I purchase these other bands from Shop Disney, do I then just manually link them to each person through my account? And I assume that it’s no problem to buy some bands through MDE and others through Shop Disney?

I apologize for such dumb questions. I’ve just never done it any way other than right through MDE and I want to make sure I understand how to handle the situation if I go through Shop Disney.

Thanks so much for any insight or guidance!

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
Yes, you can buy them from online and still link them, you just do it manually like you thought. Your magic bands will stay linked so you can interchangeably use whichever one you want. :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The "magic band 2" just means that is the current style with the puck vs the old style that does not have a removable puck and is not quite as well shaped for the wrist.

Yes you can purchase some from MDE and some from ShopDisney if that's what you'd like to do.

Yes the ones you purchase on MDE will be automatically linked to the person and yes the ones from ShopDisney come with a code on the underside that you manually assign.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
The "magic band 2" just means that is the current style with the puck vs the old style that does not have a removable puck and is not quite as well shaped for the wrist.

Yes you can purchase some from MDE and some from ShopDisney if that's what you'd like to do.

Yes the ones you purchase on MDE will be automatically linked to the person and yes the ones from ShopDisney come with a code on the underside that you manually assign.
That makes sense. Thank you for helping me understand!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom