News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

If I get group 1 (or really any of the first 10-15 groups) that are called prior to official park opening, how long is the window actually open? Using today as an example, Groups 1-14 were called at 8:40. Would guests have until 10:00 AM to check in at the ride? Do the 15 minute buffers from Fastpass+ days apply here as well?
Previously they were doing an hour but last time I got one of those 8:40 calls it went until 10. I think they probably had some feedback about that. It also seems like the 15 min buffers are still fine. I was a couple mins late last week and it still showed green on their phone.

Last edited:

mergatroid

A quick question. If the slots fill in 8 seconds, does that mean everyone who applied in the first 7 seconds got one? I get some wifi speeds vary but if somebody applied at 7am exactly and their wifi took say 3 seconds to connect, would they be successful as they weren't all taken til 7:08?

Simpler still, what factors affect your chance of being successful?

disneygeek90

A quick question. If the slots fill in 8 seconds, does that mean everyone who applied in the first 7 seconds got one? I get some wifi speeds vary but if somebody applied at 7am exactly and their wifi took say 3 seconds to connect, would they be successful as they weren't all taken til 7:08?

Simpler still, what factors affect your chance of being successful?
It's more so the speed of clicking the join buttons and allowing the friends and family list to refresh. Typically the fastest possible would be about 2-3 seconds, so it's likely that in actuality everyone is between 5 or so seconds.

I had tried to get a later group yesterday. Thanks to this recording, I knew something around 7:00:08 would be a filled and later called afternoon group. Once it hit 7 I started counting in my head, paused at the last screen for 2-3 seconds until I got to 7:00:07, and got group 61. I would guess if you pressed join at 7:00:07, even if your wifi took a little to load the confirmation screen, as long as the initial book window was clicked in time you would be fine.

As for determining factors, it's the speed of the family and friends loading and also ensuring you don't mis-click. If you click just a liiiittle off the initial join button it will take you to the info ROTR page and is pretty much unsalvageable from there. Use your pointer finger, not thumb.

mergatroid

It's more so the speed of clicking the join buttons and allowing the friends and family list to refresh. Typically the fastest possible would be about 2-3 seconds, so it's likely that in actuality everyone is between 5 or so seconds.

I had tried to get a later group yesterday. Thanks to this recording, I knew something around 7:00:08 would be a filled and later called afternoon group. Once it hit 7 I started counting in my head, paused at the last screen for 2-3 seconds until I got to 7:00:07, and got group 61. I would guess if you pressed join at 7:00:07, even if your wifi took a little to load the confirmation screen, as long as the initial book window was clicked in time you would be fine.

As for determining factors, it's the speed of the family and friends loading and also ensuring you don't mis-click. If you click just a liiiittle off the initial join button it will take you to the info ROTR page and is pretty much unsalvageable from there. Use your pointer finger, not thumb.

Thanks for that, much appreciated

UNCgolf

I know they don't really have any great options so this isn't really a comment on the system itself, but reading this reminds me of how absolutely ridiculous it is that this is what's required to get on a theme park attraction.

jt04

I know they don't really have any great options so this isn't really a comment on the system itself, but reading this reminds me of how absolutely ridiculous it is that this is what's required to get on a theme park attraction.

Allowing guests to join a weighted lottery the day before would solve the issue. And would add fun and excitement rather than stress to a familie's vacation.

Pity the poor family member who hits the join button using their thumb instead of their index finger. 😢

rle4lunch

So, heading down this weekend. Seems like the same crap I was dealing with last year with the ride. Can't wait to not get our BG... lol. At least we booked 2 days for DHS just in case we miss it the first day.

jt04

So, heading down this weekend. Seems like the same crap I was dealing with last year with the ride. Can't wait to not get our BG... lol. At least we booked 2 days for DHS just in case we miss it the first day.

Booking extra days at the Studios shouldn't be necessary. Then your stuck waiting for a boarding group or another attempt in the afternoon. So un-Disney.

How this ever got approved is surprising unless they intend to roll it out to all the parks eventually. Then it makes a bit more sense.

rle4lunch

Booking extra days at the Studios shouldn't be necessary. Then your stuck waiting for a boarding group or another attempt in the afternoon. So un-Disney.

How this ever got approved is surprising unless they intend to roll it out to all the parks eventually. Then it makes a bit more sense.

Luckily, every time we've visited WDW or DL, we've got a BG. But this time there's a few more family members going that haven't been on it yet, so I'm preparing for the worse. lol

mary2013

I've been practicing every day for my upcoming trip in December. If I get as far as "Just a Moment! Is Everyone Here?", does that mean if I was actually in the park, I would have gotten a Boarding Group? Or is there an additional step, meaning I could still miss out?

disneygeek90

I've been practicing every day for my upcoming trip in December. If I get as far as "Just a Moment! Is Everyone Here?", does that mean if I was actually in the park, I would have gotten a Boarding Group? Or is there an additional step, meaning I could still miss out?
Yes, you'd be good. And for clarification, you don't need to be in the park if doing it at 7am. Only need a DHS park reservation for that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom