News Beatrix coming to Disney Springs

sWANNISAX

Was a bit surprised to see it looking exactly the same as my last trip when I was there last week. I'm not sure what Disney springs needs in that area. I do think it could use a few more places in the vein of polite pig. Where it's quasi quick serve. I still don't like the west side. I also think that what ever goes there needs a smaller scale. Jaleo feels oppressively large in that space

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was a bit surprised to see it looking exactly the same as my last trip when I was there last week. I'm not sure what Disney springs needs in that area. I do think it could use a few more places in the vein of polite pig. Where it's quasi quick serve. I still don't like the west side. I also think that what ever goes there needs a smaller scale. Jaleo feels oppressively large in that space
They need a Wolfgang puck express...to be honest

Just ate at the new spot two weeks ago...I’m not impressed 😔

Bocabear

I really miss Pollo Campero. it was a must do every trip
Oh You are the one! I knew someone must have liked it.
Honestly the food was good and it was not a bad idea, just...rotisserie chicken is a messy snack or quick meal, and not usually something someone craves when they are on vacation...the further complications came from the separate vendors in the same space...I saw people walk in in look confused...staring at the main counter....then the bakery counter, then the other counter...and then just leave.
It is a shame they didn't make it.... If they had put a national chain in there it might have worked, but the Brazilian chain was too foreign to most Americans and unfamiliar to the international tourists....and it was replacing McDonalds that was popular and always crowded.

raymusiccity

Oh You are the one! I knew someone must have liked it.
Honestly the food was good and it was not a bad idea, just...rotisserie chicken is a messy snack or quick meal, and not usually something someone craves when they are on vacation...the further complications came from the separate vendors in the same space...I saw people walk in in look confused...staring at the main counter....then the bakery counter, then the other counter...and then just leave.
It is a shame they didn't make it.... If they had put a national chain in there it might have worked, but the Brazilian chain was too foreign to most Americans and unfamiliar to the international tourists....and it was replacing McDonalds that was popular and always crowded.
Easy fix. Just bring back a super sized Macdonald's. 😁

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I looked at the new places menu and didn't see anything that enticed me. Restaurants like express and polite pig is what's needed. There are enough sit down and pricey places.

the menu is limited and unimaginative...that could be a covid reduction?

...but the cardinal sin was everything was BLAND.

I don’t know what happened with Disney and the pucks management group over the last few years...but one thing the food never was was “tasteless”

definitely a downgrade at springs in this instance.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
the menu is limited and unimaginative...that could be a covid reduction?

...but the cardinal sin was everything was BLAND.

I don’t know what happened with Disney and the pucks management group over the last few years...but one thing the food never was was “tasteless”

definitely a downgrade at springs in this instance.

I miss the wood-fired mac n cheese from the WP Express on the west side location circa 2003. I worked at Cirque and would get it on the regular.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I miss the wood-fired mac n cheese from the WP Express on the west side location circa 2003. I worked at Cirque and would get it on the regular.

know it well...the chicken fingers and Parmesan/garlicky fries with key lime pie was a lunch “indulgence” for me when I worked across the street or down the road as well

Bocabear

Currently Disney Springs is packed on the weekends... Restaurants are hard or impossible to get into, and they tear down a restaurant and sit on the land for a few years? And now it is going to be turned into a green space...until when?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Currently Disney Springs is packed on the weekends... Restaurants are hard or impossible to get into, and they tear down a restaurant and sit on the land for a few years? And now it is going to be turned into a green space...until when?

they will build again when they exceed attendance of 2019, prices are rising, and per guest spending is rising.

and probably not for a year or two after to make sure the investors will “allow” it.

I don’t want to get into a dissertation now...we got a few years to go over it 😉

DavidS1234

They should have just stuck with Bongo's to be honest. Once things get going again and the peeps with real money leave their bunkers and start coming back to party, they're gonna be looking for a place like Bongo's... not a health food cafe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They should have just stuck with Bongo's to be honest. Once things get going again and the peeps with real money leave their bunkers and start coming back to party, they're gonna be looking for a place like Bongo's... not a health food cafe.

ehhh...Bongos was always “ok”...but hey - That doesn’t slow down trex

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom