Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Squishy

The original concept artist for TSL (among other projects) revealed himself on Twitter recently.

An interesting tidbit is that someone asked about the lack of shade and acknowledged it. Regardless, still sad we didn’t get the full land as originally visioned with the bridge over SDD and the western-Town and barn gift shop.
View attachment 547109
View attachment 547110
View attachment 547112

Original tweet:

He's also the concept artist of New Fantasyland, Epcot Ratatouille area, play pavilion, the Disneyland Rivers of America remake, Disneyland's 50th castle decor & MK's 50th castle decor.

Disone

That means Disney should buy Columbia and Geffen record labels!!

And...
Disney had a Muppet attraction before they bought the Muppets.

Feels odd there was no Marvel attraction before buying that. Breaks the pattern.

Since they have a Twilight Zone themed ride, then it's clear they're about to buy CBS!
Give it time.... Disnet has not yet bought universal;)

cookiee_munster

His concept art is waaaaaaaay better than whoever does that horrible cartoon style rubbish.

EDIT - Rubbish is slightly harsh, it's just not a particular style I like (example below)

piratesadventure-mk.jpg

Last edited:

No Name

The original concept artist for TSL (among other projects) revealed himself on Twitter recently.

An interesting tidbit is that someone asked about the lack of shade and acknowledged it. Regardless, still sad we didn’t get the full land as originally visioned with the bridge over SDD and the western-Town and barn gift shop.
View attachment 547109
View attachment 547110
View attachment 547112

Original tweet:

That was a great first response by him and I’m mad the other person didn’t get it was a joke.

Never mind the fact that the other person seems to think he had some sort of input in the design of the place. Like if only he drew more shade structures in the concept art, they would’ve put them in the land!

Sir_Cliff

His concept art is waaaaaaaay better than whoever does that horrible cartoon style rubbish.

EDIT - Rubbish is slightly harsh, it's just not a particular style I like (example below)

View attachment 549883
I am very late to this, but I could not agree more!

Every time I see that cartoony style I wonder when Disney lost the ability to produce good concept art. In most cases, I feel that art looks worse than what actually ends up being built.

Then when the stuff that we now know is from Greg Pro comes up, I am reassured that at least someone there knows how to make their projects look appealing. His new stretching portraits for Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor were also a big improvement!

Last edited:

JohnD

"It’s unclear what the construction is for, but it’s possible that Disney is expanding the seating area. Again, this is a very slight expansion and might accommodate 5 tables. Disney has not commented on the work."

I hope so. You're constantly looking for a seat in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom