News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

StaceyH_SD

I’ve been watching this thread for days and I find all the pearl clutching over Disney - OMG - updating the “Disney Look” hilarious.

Newsflash: The “Disney Look” is whatever Disney says it is. Good on them for finally allowing their park cast members to wear some jewelry or some tats and getting to choose outfits that are comfortable. The horror!!! 😂

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
The overwhelmingly majority don’t. WDW guests who don’t know about the policy change won’t even notice.
Anyone would notice this, but I guess it depends if they know/care that a week ago this was never allowed

D8ED0222-B5ED-44FD-99FD-30ECFC55F5DA.jpeg

Lilofan

Your argument is as awful as your spelling and grammar.

It is absolutely disgusting that entitled jerks like you think that moving company standards just slightly closer towards modern day standards -- all for jobs that pay crap wages anyway -- is somehow this egregious offense and a sign of moral decay within Disney. I can't even begin to reason with the delusional people on this board who think this way.

How about instead of you telling a hard-working person who dares to show a tattoo or grow a beard to get a new job....how about you go find a new place to complain about? Because the sooner people like you stop going to the parks and stop polluting this board with Boomer nonsense, the better.
Your flawed opinion of Disney paying the staff crap wages allows some working there for many years to buy their home, cars and lifestyle and to make your vacation magical and memorable if you even go there. This is an open forum with diverse opinions the last time I checked.

Tony the Tigger

The problem is when your message becomes a distraction. I do not want to explain to my 8 year old on a vacation why a man is wearing a skirt. I accept expression, but this push for inclusion doesn't mean we should remove all boundaries.
The answer to your 8 year old is: “Because they want to wear a skirt.”
the people working there aren't the reason that people visit
Really? Because we’re trying to squeeze in a short trip to see a CM who was laid off in December and brought back last month - in a water park, of all places we don’t need to go (instead of their prior restaurant post.) I guess that CM isn’t just a faceless cog.
3. My answer to the question would be something like...

The person dressed in said manner has a condition where their brain perceives that they are female, but were given the body of a male.
“Because they want to” is much, much more likely to be accurate.
With genuine respect I ask where did I confuse the two? Also and with genuine respect, if in your view I did confuse the them, please describe the difference between a transgender woman wearing a dress and a man wearing a dress so that I do not repeat my mistake.
Sometimes, a guy just wants to wear a skirt or a dress - but not to be a woman.

They may well have worn pants the day before, just as women do.

tpac24

Sorry buddy, I’ve got to agree here. I’m not part of that crowd, and I strongly disagree with the new changes.

When people agreed to work for Disney, they agreed to follow the “Disney Look.” They could dress however they wanted on their own time, and the standards already allowed for most religious and cultural requirements.

Most of these new allowances are ridiculous. Does someone really need to be allowed to have black fingernail polish to feel like a “person”? It’s called a dress code at work. At work. You agreed to follow these rules before you took the job.

The PR department worked overtime to concoct Josh’s quotes in a way that imply if you disagree with the new policy, you must be a horrible, awful, no-good scumbag who hates people and diversity and children and puppy dogs and inclusion and kitty cats and pixie dust and unicorns.
This 100%!

Animaniac93-98

I’ve been watching this thread for days and I find all the pearl clutching over Disney - OMG - updating the “Disney Look” hilarious.

Newsflash: The “Disney Look” is whatever Disney says it is. Good on them for finally allowing their park cast members to wear some jewelry or some tats and getting to choose outfits that are comfortable. The horror!!! 😂

The "Disney look" implies a certain appearance.

If the Disney look is whatever, than it should no longer be referred to as that.

Gringrinngghost

When people agreed to work for Disney, they agreed to follow the “Disney Look.”
And just like a websites terms of service that you agree too, Disney has the right to change these guidelines of their Disney Look policy to whatever they see fit, not what ever their consumers see fit.

Now we are now at 71 pages with very vocal opposition from members of a company invoking their right to change these guidelines. If you want to change them, get a hold a stock holder quorum to try and force a vote to change those guidelines back.

Now, I wonder what Ashley Costello of the band New Years Day and Former Disneyland Cast Member thinks of this, and I have a feeling which way she leans.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Take a different approach examining these changes: What does the available labor pool look like? If Disney is to continue staffing are there enough bodies that fit the current criteria?

TrainsOfDisney

If you want to change them, get a hold a stock holder quorum to try and force a vote to change those guidelines back.
If this forum were limited to discussing things we have the ability to change it would only be about which resort to visit, which hotel to visit, etc.

It’s fun to discusss the history and operational procedures and changes of a resort the size of Disney.

Gringrinngghost

If this forum were limited to discussing things we have the ability to change it would only be about which resort to visit, which hotel to visit, etc.

It’s fun to discusss the history and operational procedures and changes of a resort the size of Disney.
All I'm saying is, if people want to revert the changes, call a stock holder vote and try. That's all.

Gringrinngghost

Take a different approach examining these changes: What does the available labor pool look like? If Disney is to continue staffing are there enough bodies that fit the current criteria?
2019 Ipsos poll https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/more-americans-have-tattoos-today

Washington, DC, August 29, 2019 – A recent Ipsos poll reveals that more Americans have tattoos today than in early 2012. Three in ten (30%) of Americans have at least one tattoo, an increase from 21% in 2012. The vast majority of those with at least one tattoo (92%) say they are happy with it, and forty-six percent of respondents have had at least one tattoo for more than ten years.

Those under 55 years old are twice as likely to have at least one tattoo. Forty percent of those ages 18-34 and 36% of those ages 35-54 have at least one tattoo, while the same is true for only sixteen percent of those 55 years old and older. Additionally, those without a college degree are slightly more likely to have a tattoo or tattoos than those with a college degree (33% and 27% respectively).

For those with tattoos, two tattoos per person (33%) is most commonly reported. The average number of tattoos that tattooed Americans report having is four.

OwrT6U6.png

Gringrinngghost

Customers are free to voice their concerns with guest relations as well.
Speaking of guest services. I can’t wait to hear the annual stories of how the Dancers dance too seductively at Hocus Pocus Villian Spelltacular.

But hey you do you. If you have to stand in line to complain that at the end of your day that cast members had tattoos, I don’t want to know what kind of broken home life you came from.

JoeCamel

Speaking of guest services. I can’t wait to hear the annual stories of how the Dancers dance too seductively at Hocus Pocus Villian Spelltacular.

But hey you do you. If you have to stand in line to complain that at the end of your day that cast members had tattoos, I don’t want to know what kind of broken home life you came from.
That line is carefully calibrated to weed out the complainers so only legitimate greivances remain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom