Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride?
Soarin' Around the World at Epcot | Walt Disney World Resort

Test Track | Epcot Attractions | Walt Disney World Resort

JIMINYCR

Test Track. The original Soarin was better than the revamped edition, but still pales in comparison to either the newer or older versions of TT.

Smiley/OCD

Test Track. The original Soarin was better than the revamped edition, but still pales in comparison to either the newer or older versions of TT.
We must be long lost twins lol...Soarin' over Cali was far better tan the world version we have now...again, I say, with 3 theatres now, they should keep the world version in 2, and put the Cali version in the third. I also liked the original version of TT much better also.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Test track for sure, when the car design feature is activated.

Soarin is pointless for me now since flight of passage opened

Poseidon Quest

It's not really an apt comparison obviously. However, if we were to compare the quality of the updates, I think Soarin' wins out.

I think that a lot of people are blinded by the nostalgia of Soarin' Over California, but ultimately I think both films are an equivalent level of quality. Many people have pointed out that if you don't sit in the middle for Soarin' Around the World, there's clear distortion on the screen, especially with the Eiffel Tower. However, the California version has always had this issue, but was less noticeable because the film doesn't focus on large, tall structures. It's a fundamental flaw of the screen and technology, rather than the film itself. There's also the point that people don't like the transitions, but I think that's a matter of preference because it doesn't bother me. Obviously the world themed version makes a lot more thematic sense for Epcot, and so I think it's an improvement.

Test Track though? Test Track 2.0 is an inferior attraction all around. The original iteration of Test Track had a number of distinct scenes that allowed it to be a memorable experience. The refurb however, blended everything together to make it as generic and unmemorable as possible. It's a, "hey how can we premier a 'new experience' but do it as cheaply as possible" type of attraction. The only improvement is the music, in that the original version had an abrasive score that is now replaced by something a bit more interesting.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Test Track 1.0....Why? John Michael Higgins...That's why..

For anyone else he's also the voice of Mentor the Mindtaker.

*Mentok.

And yes, this is exactly why I like Test Track 1.0, aside from a WDW TV guide playing on our TV in the hotel room in 2009 where it was a girl named Stacy presenting top 5 Disney must-do's and when she got to Test Track she went, "This is me on Test Track: LALALALALALALALA."

It was a great idea to replace Gary Owens (Space Ghost) on World of Motion with another Hanna-Barbera voice actor.

Pepper's Ghost

We must be long lost twins lol...Soarin' over Cali was far better tan the world version we have now...again, I say, with 3 theatres now, they should keep the world version in 2, and put the Cali version in the third. I also liked the original version of TT much better also.
I believe you have LOTS of long lost twins. 🤪😁 I think it's pretty generally accepted that SotW is inferior to SoC, and ditto for TT 2.0 vs TT 1.0. I wish Disney would just recognize their error and go back to the original of Soarin'. That seems like a relatively simple change vs changing TT 2.0 back to the original. That would be a complete renovation back to the original which I don't see them doing... ever.

Weather_Lady

Nowadays, I'd say Test Track is better in terms of quality ride experience (even if you have no idea what's happening), while Soarin' is better in terms of taking you on a coherent, immersive adventure (even if the experience isn't as good as it once was).

I agree with the posters above, however, who have noted that both attractions have been diminished by their refurbs, and were better in their original form -- back when "Test Track" was a track that actually did testing, and before the landmarks in Soarin' started bending like Bill Clinton. My family had the joy of seeing the original "Soarin'" at Disneyland 2 summers ago, and it was such a breath of fresh [piped-in, orange-scented] air!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom