Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 - February 25, 2021
We got up around 6:30 am, got ready and had a nutritious breakfast of a cupcake and brownie again.
Oh and I got a Boarding Group and it was 10! Woohoo!
Anyway...we walked over to DHS.
tempImagei07xui.jpg

tempImageuWwW8Q.jpg

The park opened at 8:15 and we immediately went to Slinky Dog Dash (again....).
tempImagetDc2sB.jpg

tempImagecKCqY9.jpg

tempImagebjFIHr.jpg

tempImage0USWVt.jpg

tempImagekAZRaV.jpg

tempImagecOUOra.jpg

tempImageiBQMw2.jpg

9881D523-172D-4755-9E78-EBF6BE61CBAA.jpeg

Next up: more DHS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
After our ride we decided to hop in line again since there was still no one in there !
In line we met Michelle ! She recognized us from here and said hi!! We were so happy to meet her and spend a few minutes in line together (although COVID distancing does make it hard to actually talk).
tempImageU4Ih63.jpg

tempImagebyTVHS.jpg

While in line our Boarding Group got called (as you can see at 8:40 am).
3A0F2997-04FE-42E3-AAAE-30A3A9EDB2CA.png

tempImagepXilFj.jpg

tempImage3yxwAl.jpg

After our second ride we headed over to Galaxy's Edge
tempImageP0apHn.jpg

tempImageKUtYkV.jpg

We walked into the Rise que and pretty much right into the first room. It was nuts - I don't even know how we cut off the rest of the que!
tempImagecJ3ial.jpg

tempImagel8npj1.jpg

tempImageG28TKP.jpg

Next up: more Rise

Songbird76

Day 7 continued
View attachment 549591
View attachment 549592
We had a blast again and this was the quickest we ever got through the ride. We did not wait at any point!
After Rise we decided to ride Tower of Terror so we headed over.
View attachment 549593
The que was all the way back into the Fantasmic area!
View attachment 549594
View attachment 549595
View attachment 549596
View attachment 549597
View attachment 549599
View attachment 549600
View attachment 549601

Next up: more DHS
I love your outfit!! Super cute! Are the shorts a Disney thing or do they just look like they are made for Disney bounding?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You entered via the (planned) FP entrance. It is currently used for child-swap and DAS (and some BGs first thing in the morning.)

Ohhhhh!! That makes sense!

I love your outfit!! Super cute! Are the shorts a Disney thing or do they just look like they are made for Disney bounding?

Thank you ! They are from Kohl's and I bought them in like 2015 when they had a small Disney collection :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
More photos....
tempImagev5Brg4.jpg

tempImagec9QC36.jpg

tempImageSyJo0D.jpg

After this we decided to watch the Mickey short again :)
tempImageNWWkUL.jpg

Then we headed over to Backlot Express for our lunch. This is the first time I saw a Relaxation Station sign
tempImage4eif6W.jpg

We ordered two chicken strips, Tatooine Two Suns Hummus (Red Pepper Hummus topped with Plant-based Meat and Sesame Seeds alongside Original Hummus garnished with a Cucumber Relish, Fried Chickpeas, Sesame Seeds, and Za'atar Spice served with Pita Bread and a Lemon-Vinaigrette Tossed Spring Mix) and the sole reason we even picked Backlot Express - plastic cheese!
tempImagexUMll7.jpg

We also ordered a Wookie Cookie (Two Oatmeal Cookies with Vanilla Cream Filling garnished with a Milk Chocolate Sash).
tempImageBpjIIn.jpg

Yum! Everything was really good! Those chicken strips were much better than the ones we had at Cosmic Rays !
After our lunch we headed out of Hollywood Studios and took the Skyliner to the Riviera just to walk around and check it out.
tempImage9jnuqv.jpg

tempImage819nZ2.jpg

The lobby is a lot smaller than I anticipated.
tempImageVLKUU1.jpg

Next up: more Riviera

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
6ADC4933-BC7F-48A7-8E74-825F243C5E98.jpeg

My hair :hilarious:
53D4A717-119A-40DB-90ED-DB743DEF0F4A.jpeg

A37C72F6-10B8-4B4D-84C5-EEBEB001A34E.jpeg

16046A0E-6767-48CF-B2E5-A07C18410B28.jpeg

Goofy and Pluto were at the pool!
tempImage8nQBe9.jpg

Anyway after our pool time we got dressed and hopped on a boat back to Hollywood Studios!
tempImagerAuzji.jpg

I wore a Star Wars themed outfit so we headed to Galaxy's Edge to take some photos
tempImageUUy1Z1.jpg

I guess this was just the day of photo shoots :joyfull:
tempImagepRwOKE.jpg

tempImageBNPP1o.jpg

Hello Chewy and Rey !
tempImageXVkAww.jpg

Next up: more photos probably

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We headed on Toy Story Mania after this!
tempImageDtfoyz.jpg

tempImage1hikdW.jpg

tempImagebIdUpU.jpg

tempImage9FLazK.jpg

My Mom is always so accurate!
tempImage9pE3Aj.jpg

Highest in the vehicle!
tempImageKilUw6.jpg

After our ride we headed over towards our dinner spot...
tempImageQxzST9.jpg

Mama Melrose's !
tempImage0CUUvG.jpg

tempImageDP034q.jpg

We had a very short wait before we were seated :)
I love the lights in there !
tempImageEdlgG3.jpg

Next up: more dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
It was driving us nuts at dinner what the name of the older hostess is who works at Mama Melrose's. We did not see her so we were curious if she came back to work or not. Anyway I ended up texting @Tuvalu for her name and it's Jean. We must have just missed her on her day off !
tempImageWqbipt.jpg

tempImagemLX7FL.jpg

tempImagelZVUdV.jpg

tempImagepEsuaf.jpg

Rolls to start...
tempImagexMAkhM.jpg

We were looking at the wall next to us at noticed the name Wayne. We had to laugh because (I think I mentioned this earlier) but anytime my Mom or I said something that we forgot about Disney we would call each other WAYN (What are you new?).
tempImagezSvXfA.jpg

Anyway for dinner I ordered the Strip Steak with four cheese macaroni - as usual.
tempImageM7LKVj.jpg

My Mom got the spaghetti with meatballs
tempImageSVFAMk.jpg

Sorry I don't know why my photos are so bad!
Yum! We had a great meal! The park was closed when we finished so we slowly walked out and back home!

Next up: Day 8

Songbird76

Day 7 continued
View attachment 550208
View attachment 550209
I wish I kept my belt on for these PP pictures :banghead: It gave my dress a better shape but it was uncomfy :joyfull:
View attachment 550212View attachment 550213View attachment 550214View attachment 550215
View attachment 550216
We headed over to Alien Swirling Saucers after this.
View attachment 550210
View attachment 550211

Next up: more HS
I love the dress! Maybe you could find a different kind of belt that has more give to it? It is super cute!!

muddyrivers

Mama Melrose is a favorite! Truthfully I'm kind of surprised it's still in the park and hasn't been rethemed but I always take advantage of eating there when I go :D

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Loving your report so far! Your Mickey bathing suit is PRECIOUS!!! Where did you find it???? 😍

Thank you!! I got it on shopdisney.com!

I love the dress! Maybe you could find a different kind of belt that has more give to it? It is super cute!!

Thank you! I wear that exact belt all the time and it does not bother me. For some reason it just really bothered me wearing it that high on my ribs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom