News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

I question that call. I think both SM and BTMRR are by far more "thrilling" than Splash.
Space is debatable. It goes slower, but the darknesses provides more of a mental thrill.

But Big Thunder? Really? No large drops. A few turns. It’s a family coaster. It was my first coaster and I wasn’t scared coming off of it.

Splash has the two biggest drops in the park. The main drop is by far the most thrilling “moment” in that park. Second would be that drop in Space Mountain, and third being the drop into the Laughing Place (which tricks many first timers into thinking it’s the big one).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1618242606448.png

There's lots of room back there, even if they move the dots back to the stripe zone... the bigger issue would be sightlines from the west edge of the expansion area. Of course, the current management doesn't seem all that concerned about sightlines, so that might not be an issue.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
View attachment 547888There's lot of room back there, even if they move the dots back to the stripe zone... the bigger issue would be sightlines from the west edge of the expansion area. Of course, the current management doesn't seem all that concerned about sightlines, so that might not be an issue.
Then again the Pirates show building would make it a pretty tight squeeze

Bocabear

Yep, that is true. I can forgive them for replacing Ellen's though. It was a snoozefest, I just wish it were Wall-E.

Indeed, Disney has been doing some weird stuff lately. They are putting Moana in Epcot instead of Adventureland???....???
And you wonder why Moana was not thought of as a replacement for Chester and Hester... A whole Pacific Islands section of the park would have been amazing...leading up to the Finding Nemo Theater... Then they could have the Moana Journey of Water Splash Zone and a few other Moana Attractions with a Pacific Tidal pool discovery exhibit and some animals native to the area... It could be really beautiful...rather than placing it in EPCOT where it literally relates to nothing...

aladdin2007

And you wonder why Moana was not thought of as a replacement for Chester and Hester... A whole Pacific Islands section of the park would have been amazing...leading up to the Finding Nemo Theater... Then they could have the Moana Journey of Water Splash Zone and a few other Moana Attractions with a Pacific Tidal pool discovery exhibit and some animals native to the area... It could be really beautiful...rather than placing it in EPCOT where it literally relates to nothing...
:banghead: so true!!!!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Rewatching SPLASH on Disney+. In multiple scenes Tom Hanks’s character is heard singing “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.”

Removing the offending scenes aren’t enough. They need to take the movie down in its entirety. And his Disney Legend status revoked.
They also need to get rid of Who Framed Roger Rabbit because Br'er Bear shows up in a few frames

PrinceCharming617

I've never thought of that. It wouldn't be my first choice (adventureland), but it makes more sense than Epcot. Maybe than we could finally get our volcano rollercoaster.

Christhegr8

This is a joke right?
C’mon, believe it or not nobody knew what the song and movie really were until just recently...that includes Tom Hank’s character in Splash. How many children have sung that song, (black and white and every other nationality since the movie was released and through the years since Splah was made. We know now and the censorship is as far as it needs to go.

RSoxNo1

C’mon, believe it or not nobody knew what the song and movie really were until just recently...that includes Tom Hank’s character in Splash. How many children have sung that song, (black and white and every other nationality since the movie was released and through the years since Splah was made. We know now and the censorship is as far as it needs to go.
There's a misconception that racism is only about hate. You kind of outlined an aspect of it here by citing ignorance. So many of the societal changes we're currently witnessing are stemming from more people understanding what we were ignorant of 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, or 100 years ago. We move forward by learning from that ignorance, listening to people that were affected by that ignorance and adapting our behavior.

celluloid

Sung by children of different races holding hands with a man of a minority race in a film that was the first to show a black and white hand grasping together, in a close up for impact no less.

owlsandcoffee

I don't mean to direct hate in anybody's direction but if anyone here is open to hearing criticism of SotS and SM I can suggest a couple videos and podcasts. I want to note I'm not anti-SM per se.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom